38 week appt... What would you do??

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well my BP is up so I am on "bedrest" and I have to drink a gallon of water a day. I knew this was going to happen because seriously my legs are so swollen. I mean they are really really bad. I have to go back in 3 days because she is worried that it will get higher. If it does I dont know if they will try natural induction or just send me to the OB/hospital. I really was hoping this wouldnt happen. This is exactly what happened last time and guess what... I was induced at 38 weeks. I woke up this morning with a really bad headache so I know it much higher than normal.

So now for my question... From the looks of it I have two options. I can stay in bed and drink water hoping that my BP wont rise anymore and that I can have the birth that I want. Of course I quit working two days ago and have been pretty much resting since then and it still went up. So Im thinking this has nothing to really do with me overexerting myself.

OR I can try natural labor techniques and see if I cant bring on labor myself before it has a chance to get high. This may or may not work and it may or may not make my BP go higher. (I will be doing lots of walking because this brings on some pretty strong contractions for me).

What would you do???

ETA: I have already upped my protein BTW.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
May 9th, 2008, 07:04 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
oh wow, I'm sorry.

I would wait it out, unless you think you can handle induction without the meds.

I'll be thinking of you this weekend!
May 9th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I would definitely continue the walking and perhaps try some natural induction techniques, like sex. Hey, even if you don't go into labor, the pleasure may make your BP go down, lol.

I hope you don't have to be induced. Good luck sweetie! Please keep us posted.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search