We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
A little early, but I figured tonight was better than never. So here it goes....
things I am loving this week:
1- The fact that we had movers. Still stressful, still crazy and still crappy, but still better than doing it all ourselves. Thank goodness for our relocation package!
2- my new house! It's cute, and in great shape. It's a tad boring since all the walls are white, but I guess that is better than bad paint colors or wallpaper. I miss our orange living room! I don't think I will be able to convince John to paint any time soon.
3- My 6 month old!!! Cadie turns 6 months today (Friday) and I can't believe it. She is so big and strong. My inlaws got her a "tripp trapp chair" which is one of those swedish high chairs that turns into a chair when they get older. John had one growing up. Anyway she used it for the first time yesterday and it blew me away how big she is! We are going to get one too.
We are delaying solids for a bit longer until she gets used to the new house. Then we are starting with avocado, I can't wait!
4- My In-laws pool and hot tub. So heavenly.
5- John's company car- a subaru outback. It's a car I have loved for years, they are super cute. This thing runs great and the best part is of course they pay for all the upkeep and gas. There are no restrictions on how we use it, so we can even take trips in it and stuff. That is very helpful right now with gas prices. Somehow we all fit in it too! Not easy because our crazy Border Collie has to ride in a crate b/c he goes nuts otherwise.
Cheryl, I was going to ask when you were starting solids. It's going to be so fun!
Lily, you are going to be a great mom! I absolutely cannot wait to hear that you are in labor. I'm so psyched for you!!!
My loves at the moment:
1. Night feedings with Bryson. Although he's waking up more now and I've been exhausted most days this week, it's so nice to have time alone with him to snuggle. Being away from him all day is way harder than I ever thought it would be.
2. Teeth. Bryson has his two bottom teeth now and it's the cutest freaking thing ever! I love it when he smiles at me and you can see those sweet little teeth. Adorable!
3. DH's new job. Today is the second day in a row that we rode into work together and will ride home from work together. I love that he has more time at home now.
4. Chocolate soy milk. I love Silk's chocolate soy milk and I've been craving it lately. It's sooooooo yummy!
5. My ipod. DH got me one for Mother's Day because I had never had one before and I love it! I hook it up in my car and put all my songs on shuffle and get good music all the way to and from work. It's so much better than the radio.
Lily, there is nothing silly about being excited to meet your baby! it will be the most incredible experience. Nothing comes even close to comparing.
Cindy, I am in love with soy milk too. Borderline obsessed with it. I have tried every kind of milk substitute and nothing is as yummy as soy. It's so good in tea and iced coffee....yum.
I wanted to add a #6- I LOVE MY PERIOD, which arrived this morning. I can't believe it. I am so relieved. it just wasn't the right time. yay!!! I am sitting here enjoying every second of these cramps. The movers are gone and we are loving the house. I just wish I could find my cat!!
That is so great that you got your period!!! I keep hoping mine will come back soon so my body will regulate a bit before we start TTC but no such luck yet. It's crazy to think I haven't had my period since January 2007!
1. Kinda looking forward to going to Fresno this weekend. It will be in the 100's so that sucks but I haven't visited my aunt since September so it will be good to see her. She's really my only relative (and her kids). I'm really hoping she's been successful at staying sober, a problem she thanked me for bringing to her attention about 6 months ago. **Fingers crossed**
2. While in Fresno we're also going to meet an old friend John for dinner. He means a lot to me since he was such a support of strength when I left my family/friends/religion at 24. He really is my oldest friend since starting my life over. The only awkwardness is that we dated for about 3 months 10 years ago and that's got Stefan a little wierded out. We've been nothing but friends since then and in fact I told John a few years ago that he's like my big brother (he's 12 years older than me), he's family, and I know that if I ever need anything in life he would drop everything to be there for me. He told me I was absolutely right and he felt honored that he could be that for me.
Fortunately Stefan is going into meeting him with an open mind. Hopefully they'll just end up teasing me about what a dork and how naive I was all those years ago. I think they'll get along just fine but it's a little nerve wracking. John means so much to me and I would hate for Stefan to feel so uncomfortable around him that it damages our friendship. But I also do not want to put Stef in a bad spot. **Fingers crossed**
3. We are not delaying TTC after all! After Stefan calmed down from his freak out he said he wants to remain in San Francisco/Bay Area for now and just work harder. He says we owe it to our children to have them because he knows we'll be great parents. YIPPEE!!
4. I'm super happy that I'm becoming better friends with the wife of Stefan's workmate. I spoke of her awhile ago as the mom who was all about NCB but ended up having an emergency C-section due to a detached placenta. She's 21 weeks preggie again and although her doc told her she could try for a VBAC, she feels that she'll better handle things if she goes ahead and schedules another C. She really anticipated to being all Mother Earth but REALLY doesn't handle pregnancy or labor well at all. Whatever can go wrong does go wrong. But she's still very pro NCB and tells me she'll take the 1% of all the problems so I can hopefully have the great NCB I want. We're a lot alike and it's been wonderful to become better friends with her, especially with her NCB support.
5. Cindy and Cheryl! I really, really love you girls!!! I'm thankful for our blossoming friendship, even if it's via emails and pms. You girls are awesome!
Shauna- it's so weird...first we're both Bay Area, then you said you liked Portland and I grew up there, and now Fresno! That's where we moved from Portland and I have tons of family there!
Anyway, here's my 5:
1. Only a few more weeks to go! I'm really looking forward to meeting my baby and for the birth.
2. DH helped me steam clean the carpets! I didn't want to ask him since he's been working so hard lately but he saw me pull out the steam cleaner and he just took over and did both the upstairs and downstairs.
3. My stepdad had surgery to remove his prostate since it was cancerous, but he got good news that the cancer did not spread so he's good now!
4. Produce stands! I love being able to buy fruit and veggies for super cheap.
5. My friends are being so awesome with me being pregnant. Everyone is so excited and helpful. I'm the first one to be married and the first to have a baby, so I was afraid I'd grow apart from a lot of them. But they've been behind me every step of the way.
1. My dad is in town for the STP (Seattle to Portland bike ride) DH and I are taking him to the airport when he leaves on Sunday and he is paying for gas and dinner, although the dinner is a birthday thing for me (my b'day is tomorrow)
2. My business website finally being totally working. Which means that we can finally accept orders from people! My best friend(my business partner) and I are so excited!!
3. Nicholas, of course! What mother isn't thankful for her child?
4. Bubble baths!! I got to take one last night and it was wonderfully heavenly!!
5. Just Mommies!! I don't know what I would do during the week without you ladies!
1.) My DH has been sooo supportive and treats me like a queen...especially during my pregnancy. I hung out for awhile on my hands and knees today trying to get this sweet little baby to rotate and not be posterior and he got down on his hands and knees right beside me so I wouldn't be lonely he said!
2.) My sweet son! He told me the other day that "mommy is a beautiful girl"! How sweet is that!? He is only 2! It was the sweetest thing ever. I don't know where he comes up with some of the stuff he says. I cannot wait to meet his baby sister and to see him hold her!
3.) That I will be able to stay home with my kiddies! Tuesday was my last day at work...for good! And it feels great! I am worried a bit about money but know that it will be so worth for us to make some cut backs for me to be able to stay home.
4.) I am feeling good about this birth and I am really excited to really put all of the Hypnobabies tips and techniques to use. I just feel so much more confident and less nervous about this birth.
5.) Justmommies and all of the amazing supportive women here!