Met with my midwife today...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2008, 08:40 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE HER!!!!
She was so friendly and comforting. We talked just about normal everyday stuff, where we had lived, etc. since she saw I had lived up north for my 2nd child's birth. She was so nice and funny! I felt like we instantly clicked! Yay! DH really liked her, too.

We just kind of reviewed everything, talked about why I switched from my OB and such and then she wanted to listen to the heartbeat. Well, I got a little nervous because she couldn't find the heart beat and had been trying for a while. I tried to joke that it must be hiding under my fat and she proably picked up that I was nervous, so she said "no biggie! Let's go in the room down the hall and do and U/S." So off we went and right way my little bean showed up and everything was fine. She has to look down lower and said that since this is my 3rd pregnancy after 2 deliveries that the ligaments were more loose and my uterus just lays lower than someone pregnant with their 1st. Whew! She also said its just a sign that my pelvis is used to carrying a baby and will cooperate, so that was good to hear.

She told me about some tests that I could have done right now for Downs Syndrome and I told her I would prefer not to at this time, which was supportive of and we talked about some of the upcoming tests and my ultrasound where we can try to peak at the sex, 2 appts. away! So not at the next but right after!!! Probably either right before or after Thanksgiving, how exciting!

She gave me the forms to sign up for the water birth class and said even if I just used it for labor or for both labor and delivery, she was glad we had been researching the option.

All in all, great appointment! Go back Oct. 30.

I'm just thrilled with my decision to switch from the OB!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

October 1st, 2008, 11:10 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
that sounds wonderful!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

October 1st, 2008, 11:17 AM
noworries
Yay for a great visit and for finding someone who will support your wishes and that you clicked with.
October 1st, 2008, 11:35 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wow, sounds great!!! Did you ask her about Doulas? Any headway there? That hypnobabies one looked nice, based on her picture.

Do you have any feelings if it's a girl or a boy?
October 1st, 2008, 11:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
Congratulations on a GREAT appointment! It sounds like you're very comfortable with her, and that is so awesome!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
October 1st, 2008, 12:33 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did talk to her about wanting to find a doula. She recommended a group that I had already kind of looked into, but I am going to get in touch with the one you helped me find too.

I have a feeling its a boy, but who knows!!! I'd be tickled to have another little man.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

October 1st, 2008, 01:16 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment. That's great that both you and your DH clicked so well with her. I would really like to find a midwife that just feels like a great friend right away.
October 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she sounds like a great fit for you. I love when a care provider gives me a review of someone or something (like a doula service), b/c it assures you that she is comfortable working with them and feels that they do a great job. I've found that for me- which care provider I'm working with makes a huge difference.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search