Anterior placenta and placenta accreta.

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
This is where the placenta attaches to the c-section scar. My MW feels something there and wants to do an U/S for this. It's dangerous and you can hemorrhage after the placenta comes out :0 But the odd of this happening are 1 in 2,500. So I'm going to try to not worry. I want a home birth VBAC but I'm scare of these complications. I hope the placenta moves.

October 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like the odds are low of hemmoraging and most midwives carry pitocin on them for those situations anyway, right? Hopefully she isn't feeling what she thinks she is though, and you are in the clear.

October 2nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I am actually just reading about this in "Pushed" by Jennifer Block. Apparently it's becoming more common in women who have had previous c-sections and the more sections you have the more chance you have of having placenta accreta. I hope the u/s shows that this isn't the case for you as it is pretty dangerous. I think though if you do have this they are going to want to schedule another section so they can work on that at the same time. Good luck! Please keep us updated. I so want you to get the home birth you want!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 3rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I only know what I have read in pushed too. I would suggest going to the VBAC board and asking them what they know about it....hoping things work out for you!
October 6th, 2008, 06:40 AM
ashlynsmom's Avatar Veteran
Hi Michelle!

Placenta accreta is a condition where the placenta implants itself VERY deeply into the uterine wall--and not necessarily into the uterine scar of a previous c-section. There are varying degrees of it, but you almost allways hemorrhage and oftentimes, pitocin or even Hemabate, for that matter, will not help. I respect your desire to have a VBAC homebirth. I wished they were legal in my state or I would have attempted it too, but in your case, I would be SUPER cautious. Oftentimes, the only way to get the bleeding to stop is by hysterectomy.

I really don't want to scare you, Michelle, but I really feel like you should be completely informed about this before you make any final decisions.

I would sit down with your midwife and have ler explain to you too about placenta accreta. I'm sure that if she thought it was too dangerous to do at home, then she wouldn't do it. After all, it IS her license on the line here, if she doesn't insure patient's safety.

Good luck, Michelle, and I certainly hope everything works out for you!

October 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The other ladies already said what I know of it- I hope this isn't the case for you. Make sure you update us after your U/S- I'll be thinking of you.

October 7th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Quote:
Hi Michelle!

Placenta accreta is a condition where the placenta implants itself VERY deeply into the uterine wall--and not necessarily into the uterine scar of a previous c-section. There are varying degrees of it, but you almost allways hemorrhage and oftentimes, pitocin or even Hemabate, for that matter, will not help. I respect your desire to have a VBAC homebirth. I wished they were legal in my state or I would have attempted it too, but in your case, I would be SUPER cautious. Oftentimes, the only way to get the bleeding to stop is by hysterectomy.

I really don't want to scare you, Michelle, but I really feel like you should be completely informed about this before you make any final decisions.

I would sit down with your midwife and have ler explain to you too about placenta accreta. I'm sure that if she thought it was too dangerous to do at home, then she wouldn't do it. After all, it IS her license on the line here, if she doesn't insure patient's safety.

Good luck, Michelle, and I certainly hope everything works out for you![/b]
You're right. I had bleeding yesterday and so no homebirth. I have to go to Dr. on Monday next Monday. I don't think I can have a home birth so I'm scared because I had a bad experience last time @ the hospital. They said the placenta might be low lying and to dangerous for home birth. But everything else was fine.

October 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
is a birthing center an option in any way?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search