QOTD

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Do you celebrate Halloween? Do you get the kids all dressed up an buy candy? If you don't have any kids yet do you get dressed up and go to parties? What is your favorite part?

This year we bought Bryson a duck costume and I can't wait to get some cute pics of him. It's going to be so fun! We have lots of trick or treaters at our house so it should be fun to have him all dressed up for the night. Hopefully he can stay awake long enough to be seen by someone, lol.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 3rd, 2008, 10:05 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
We are going to be dressing Nicholas up this year we think as Bamm-Bamm and our friends daughter is going to be dressed up as Pebbles... My friends mom is going to be making the costumes since all the ones that we have seen online aren't all that great looking.

October 3rd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Awww, that sounds so cute Ashley! I can't wait see pics of him in the costume!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since I didn't get to celebrate Halloween as a kid I've loved it as an adult (first one at 25!). Since I don't have any kids I've done the typical dress up sexy for a very adult Halloween. And for the last 4 years on Halloween night we've gone to a friends house who lives on a street in San Francisco that close down specifically for parents to come bring their kids trick or treating. With all of the hills in San Francisco T&T is not an easy or even safe thing to do. So this makes it easy. I LOVE IT! Especially the little babies and small toddlers in their costumes. Last year we went through probably $400 worth of candy in about an hour! (We all chipped in).

We've decided not to spend the money and do an adult Halloween this year but we will definitely be doing the kids street Halloween.

Oops....and I can't wait to dress up my own kids for Halloween and take them out T&T. Since it's something I never did as a child (and really have never done period!) I look forward to having that first experience right along with them.
October 3rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I always dress her up. The past years I dress her up and pass out candy. This year I think I'll take her to the pumpkin patch, the Childrens Museum and then trick or treating but not in the same day

October 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to take Abby trick-or-treating for the first time this year. I always felt weird taking her out the past few years, because she was so young (Let's face it, who's really going to eat the candy?) This year, I think she would really enjoy it and we have a lot of much younger kids in this neighborhood that will be trick-or-treating too. DH and I have never done anything for Halloween but pass out candy. It's fun to dress up, but we usually dont' have anywhere to go.

October 3rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
MamaBx3
Yes we do
We took Vae out last year and she loved it! We'll only go around our block (which isn't very far), so that gives us plenty of time to come home so we can hand out candy
I bought them costumes last year at TCP when they were on sale They are going to be cat princesses So cute. I can't wait to see pics of everyone's little ones
October 3rd, 2008, 07:18 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I love fall and Halloween, but last year my 14 year old soul mate cat Fred died. Well, we had to put him to sleep after half his heart stopped beating. It broke my heart (and I was pregnant) so I'm not so sure how I will feel this year.

I have no plans so far to get cadie a costume or take her out...I think I'm the only one in my playroom. It probably makes me a bad mommy.
October 4th, 2008, 07:49 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Aden was a chicken last year, it was SOOO cute!

I think this year she's going to be a bumblebee....we'll take her trick or treating, I think she'll be more interested this time than last time haha.
October 6th, 2008, 05:32 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll probably take our children to a party- or those trick or treater events they do at covention centers. I think it's a lot safer and more wholesome.

this year we're planning on going out and hanging iwth friends- probably to someone's party.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search