Preggies- check in here

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Let us know how you are feeling!
October 7th, 2008, 08:24 AM
BabsMitchell's Avatar Veteran
I feel great! Morning sickness never got me, so I feel like one of the lucky ones. The belly isn't showing very much, but I'm still early along. I am slightly concerned though because I found out yesterday that DH is AB Positive. Since I'm O Negative there is a chance the Rh factor could be a problem. Still, I have decided to forgo the Rhogam shot at 28 weeks.

Thank you for asking! Curious to see how others are feeling.

October 7th, 2008, 09:12 AM
MamaBx3
I'm feeling ok!

I went to see my doctor yesterday because I had been getting really weird cramps/braxton hicks all Sunday night and then yesterday morning.. So i went and she checked me and sent me to L&D to be monitored and have a steroid shot. I'm 2 cm dilated. I went back this morning for the second shot and she just told me that they want him to stay in there for at least 5 more weeks.. eek. I'm hoping he stays put! Funny though - she didn't put me on bedrest (she never even said the word ) - She just told me not to go jogging. I'm only 29 weeks so I thought that was really strange.
October 7th, 2008, 11:13 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
The nausea is finally subsiding and my energy is starting to slowly come back. I'll be glad when it's fully back, well as much as pregnancy will allow. It will make chasing Nicholas a whole lot easier.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon, and I have been having some BH but I think that it's because I am still BF'ing Nicholas and the nipple stimulation is probably causing it. I am going to mention that to my doctor tomorrow just to be sure though.

October 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm a little uncomfortable and this darn belly is getting in the way of everything! lol Sometimes I feel like it's forever away, then other times, I feel like this baby will be here before we know it.

October 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I'm here. I feel ok but it feels weird down there. I had spotting and went to Er and have a check up on Monday. I think this means no home birth.

October 7th, 2008, 03:03 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I keep having braxton hicks ALL the time and it's really getting uncomfortable. I think I need to drink more water.

Other than that...the baby is getting bigger and heavier and it's harder for me to maneuver myself around

October 7th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I'm sorry Michelle! I hope everything is ok. Please keep us updated on how you are doing, ok?

I'm here too. It feels weird to be replying to this thread though. Sometimes I still don't even feel pregnant. I did throw up for the first time yesterday after brushing my teeth so that was kind of exciting, lol. My nausea actually hasn't seemed as bad yesterday or today. I have my first midwife appointment and u/s on Friday. We are so excited and hope to get to see the heartbeat. I've been having some brown spotting/cm for the past week and that's worrying me a bit but I'm glad that I'm not seeing red at least.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 7th, 2008, 04:12 PM
littlebabydolly
As you read from my other post, I've having growing pelvic pains that are really leaving me basically immobile at 31 weeks! I'm on the couch with a bag of frozen blueberries between my crotch now! Other than this pain I think I wouldn't have a complaint. At least I finished all my major projects for him like sewing his bedding.

I've had pretty rapid weight gain, 30 pounds at 30 weeks. I think a lot of it is due to my IBS going away and being able to eat carbs and sugar again. My husband tells me to enjoy it while I can. I thank goodness for such a supportive man. We're really good about weight loss when we need it so when the time comes after birth I'm sure we can manage together. (because well, I think he's gained half what I have! hehe)

Some days I love my midwife and others I feel like all I am paying her for is to make small talk with me. I know as things grind down she will help me with the end goal, a natural birth!

Baby seems to be doing great. He has picked up great strength in his kicks and movement which I love. My belly gets all sorts of wonky shapes these days. I guess he burrows sometimes on one side or the other and I get all lop sided. I can't wait to nurture him and just love him. Some days it's so hard to believe still that there is a baby in there.

My baby shower is this weekend. The one major gift I got already that is my most favorite is a whole set of Fuzzi Bunz cloth diapers from FIL. I can't wait to use them!
October 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm 13 weeks this Thursday...good bye 1st trimester!
I went to my first appt. with my new midwife last week and it was great.
Right now I'm feeling better than the last month or so; a lot of my energy has come back and I've been able to get to the gym to work out twice in the past week, so yay!
My belly is definitely starting to show more and I love it!
Still staying away from meat since I had such a hard time with it, but really not having a hard time adjusting to my new diet at all. I've been craving lots of veggies and apples.
I guess that's about it for my boring check in.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

October 7th, 2008, 05:22 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
OMG- MY HYPNOBABIES MATERIAL CAME TODAY!!! Can you tell how excited I am? We are doing the home study now, since noone else signed up for the class we did. Since my doula teaches HB, I can always call her with any questions or issues. I'm really happy to have a doula who knows HB so well, it makes me alot more confident. I'm feeling good, just big and uncomfortable. Gaining all this weight for the first time is an interesting experience. It's so worth it for my little man though. I love feeling him move. I can't wait for the first time he gets the hiccups.
Anyhow, I'm headed to NYC tomorrow for a ladies only trip with family/friends, so that'll be fun. I'll talk to you ladies in a few days!

Nikki

Come visit my blog!
October 7th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
I'm alright, trying to get over the fears of delivery
October 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM
kmac's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am around. i just posted in my c-section rights thread about getting another ultrasound today and the baby is still breech. i am not willing to let her out until she flips! i dont really feel ready to evict her anyway. i am generally enjoying being pregnant...havent gained much weight (17lbs), dont have any stretchmarks and i love the way i look pregnant. i think if i could just stay preggo i would. hehe. well, actually, i want to be able to see what emerson is going to look like! but aside from being super sick in the beginning, it has been pretty enjoyable. hopefully labor and delivery will be as enjoyable of an experience....assuming i get my natural birth!
October 8th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm feeling good. A bit sore here and there but nothing big to complain about.
October 8th, 2008, 10:14 AM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm feeling okay - a little uncomfortable, cranky and tired.. I'm also confused on how to make the room work as a nursery - it's really small! Oh I'm also getting anxious because all the books I want to read (on bradley method and then some other parenting books) none of the book stores have them!!!

October 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Brittnic's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't been on JM much lately. Work and preparing for baby has kept me busy and tired! I'm feeling good. My feet get swollen real quickly and the heartburn is horrid- but I will manage. Baby feels like he is burrowing down and trying to dig out of my cervix sometimes. I wonder what he is doing in there.

I'm reading over all this information on GB Strep that my midwife gave me and it's quite overwhelming.

October 8th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Quote:
I'm sorry Michelle! I hope everything is ok. Please keep us updated on how you are doing, ok?[/b]
I'm ok. I'm switching to Nurse midwives @ a hospital and getting check out. I feel ok spotting stopped. I have a little cold/flu

October 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there I feel pretty good. I'm now in my 2nd trimester What a relief I had morning sickness from about weeks 6-11. And one day just woke up and felt better. Now I'm just tired, and my twins are sore, and getting big.

Bought my first maternity clothes today, at a resale shop. Got a cute pair of Old Navy pants and two shirts for $9 I'll try to post pics if I can
October 9th, 2008, 01:30 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im here again. Had quite a bit og m/s but it hasnt been as bad the last few days. I go for my 9w u/s tomorrow (friday here) and my first midwife appointment is on the 20th (using the same one I had for both boys)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search