I'm so scared

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I know Shauna and Cheryl already know this but I just feel so scared and nervous right now and I have to get this out. I have been having some brown spotting/CM for almost two weeks now. I know that brown isn't that uncommon and it's not considered to be bad in most situations. For the first week it was only every few days but then last weekend it was a bit heavier. So me being the worrier that I am decided to check my cervix and found that it was open. Probably a fingertip. This totally freaked me out but the spotting stopped for a few days after that so I thought all was ok. But then I have had more spotting this week and it's coming more often. I didn't have any at all on Wednesday or during the day yesterday but then as I was getting Bryson ready for his bath last night I started having some small cramps and then a small gush of brown came again but this time it more of the consistency of blood and not mucus. I have had a little brown mucus almost every time I've been to the bathroom since and I just can't shake the feeling that something is wrong.

I have my first midwife appointment today and an ultrasound scheduled at 10:45 this morning so I'm preparing myself for the worst. I haven't told the midwives about the spotting yet because I know this early there is really nothing they can do anyway. I figured we would just have to wait and see. I never had any spotting or anything scary like this with Bryson so this terrifies me and I feel like even if they do find a heartbeat today that something may still go wrong. I don't have a great feeling about it at all.

I so hope I'm wrong. I'm so sad. Ugh, this sucks! I don't know how you ladies have done it that have been through this before and some of you I know have been through it multiple times.

I just needed to get this out with you ladies. Thank you for listening.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 10th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I just lurk here as I am not pregnant yet, but wanted to send my prayers to you and your bean. I do hope everything is ok

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

October 10th, 2008, 08:00 AM
noworries
Cindy-
I just said a prayer for you and am hoping that your appointment this morning brings good news. I will be thinking about you today.
October 10th, 2008, 08:02 AM
BabsMitchell's Avatar Veteran
My thoughts are with you. I hope your appointment goes well and this turns out to be nothing to worry about. Good luck and please keep us posted.

October 10th, 2008, 08:06 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
30% of pregnancies (successful pregnancies) have some spotting. Honestly- I think there is absolutely nothing wrong- brown spotting especially is nothing to be too worried about.

But I do understand your fears- I hope your U/S reassures you!

October 10th, 2008, 09:54 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know she'll be on later to tell us more about it, but I already got a text from Cindy that the tech found a heartbeat of 162 and the baby is measuring right on. They didn't find any alarming reason for the spotting. She should be getting to her midwife appointment right about now.

YAY! So happy everything is looking just fine.
October 10th, 2008, 09:59 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
^^got a text there is a heartbeat and no reason for bleeding as far as the tech could see on the u/s. She has her midwife appt at 1:20.

October 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM
That's great- I knew it!!!

October 10th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Like Shauna and Cheryl posted the ultrasound showed a baby measuring 7 weeks 3 days or 7 weeks 6 days (she got two different measurements) with a heartbeat of 162. I am 7 weeks 6 days so that's perfect! The tech couldn't see anything to cause bleeding so that's a good sign too. They didn't do an internal u/s though since my bladder was full enough to see everything she needed besides my cervix.

My midwife checked my cervix and said that it felt low but was closed. She also said it definitely appeared irritated and took a sample of the fluid. She looked at it under a microscope thinking it may be a yeast infection but said it looks like a bacterial infection. She said that could be why I keep having the brown spotting so she gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. After discussing it with her I am not going to take the medicine though because I feel uneasy about how a few years ago it clearly stated not to use it while in the first trimester or breastfeeding so I'm going to do all I can naturally to get rid of it. I go back on the 7th so we'll see if it's cleared up by then and if not then I'll take the medicine. I will be almost out of the first trimester by then so I'll feel better about it.

Thank you all soooooo much for your prayers. It looks like they worked! Thank you!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 10th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im glad everything is ok! hope the infection clears up quickly for you.
October 10th, 2008, 05:58 PM
At least you cought the infection early- before it got bad. I had a bacterial infection once- it put me into the hospital.

October 10th, 2008, 06:18 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad to hear everything is good for you and the bean!
I have been fighting yeast infections this pregnancy, not fun! I'm still fighting it to this day naturally and it's about all I can take.

I hope yours clears up and everything gets back to normal for you. I would have been just as scared if I was you.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

October 10th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Brittnic's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear everything is looking good. I would have been nervous too about the spotting. Every pregnancy is amazingly different from what I hear so you really can't compare it to your previous one.

October 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i'm so glad everything is okay now!!! hope the infection clears up soon for you!

October 11th, 2008, 01:15 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I'm glad that you and your bean are okay Cindy!! Hopefully everything clears up for you soon!! **HUGS**

October 12th, 2008, 08:20 PM
whodatmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad everything is okay! I will keep you and your little bean in my prayers.

October 12th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm coming into this a bit late, but I just wanted to say that I'm so glad to hear that everything is good! I am sure that you're so relieved. I hope that the infection clears up quickly (without meds) and that the rest of the pregnancy is without complication!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 14th, 2008, 12:50 PM
MamaBx3
I'm reading this late - But I wanted to pop in and say I'm thankful that everything is ok with you and baby
October 14th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I hope it goes away and baby sticks Keep us updated. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search