Baby position?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Among other things i am searching in all ways of delivery because i am terrified of both and i want to know what to expect if and if.... So my question is. In the 29 weeks examination they found my little one breech. The doc said it is not indicative particularly but it does show some tendencies on positioning. 33 weeks now and i simply 'know' from the feelings i have down low that she has not turned. I simply feel her feet pushing my bladder. He said that up to 33 weeks she should turn and if not then things start getting rough.....i am scared that either this or my GD will end me in c-sec (which i have no issue with if you exclude the recovery period), but i just wanted to ask for opinions on this. Is it too soon to be scared of her position? How long does it take to make a decision on how she will position herself? Do i still have time? The doc said sometimes we see breech going head down from 33 to 36 but it is more rare as the space is getting less and less......any opinions on that? I am going to the doc on Thursday for a usual checkup and we will see her......i have no doubts as to her position though

Thanks in advance

" \m/ Now Iím riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Iíll cross the line forevermore \m/ "

October 13th, 2008, 07:38 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she can definatly still turn! She can turn at any time, even in labor, although the earlier the more likely.

There are tons of things you can do- you can get chiropractic care, accupuncture, you can get an external version even. There are also tons of positioning things you can do, such as pelvic rocks, hands and knees, and lots of other things that can help. The website spinningbabies.com is about the best resource you can find.

With a GD baby tho- you are at a bigger risk that she won't turn...... simply because she could just be too big. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you!!!

October 13th, 2008, 09:33 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just saw an episode last week of Special Deliveries on Discovery Health where a woman's baby had turned sideways (transverse) and the doctor performed a version just hours before she delivered the baby.

I hope the baby turns for you! Like CherylK said, there are lots of things you can try, so try not to be discouraged by your doctor. I hope it all works out best for you and the baby!!!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

October 13th, 2008, 02:22 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
if you want to PM me your email address, I have a kicka$$ article I scanned from an old copy of mothering magazine with a bunch of actions you can do daily to get baby to turn. Each action has a drawn diagram so you can see how to do it.

It's still early, your doc sounds like a worst case scenario is the only scenario kinda guy. Try to get all that out of your head and try to relax, if you can ! I know it's not easy. bring pro-active is the best thing you can do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search