Pregnancy Exercise

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Hey everyone, I was hoping you may be able to recommend some great Pregnancy Workout DVDs! It's getting so close to when we are going to TTC (either late December or early January) and I want to have some exercise videos before hand. Maybe I could get familiar with them pre-pregnancy just to see what I like *shrugs*. Anyhow, I workout on a regular basis. I'm big on Yoga, Pilaties, Tai-Chi and such... although I also do Tae-Bo and Aerobics. I like doing a variety of things, and I want to make sure that I continue to work out regularly while Pregnant and stay as fit as possible. I'm already starting to practice with Kegal Exercises, Taking Prenatal Vitamins, and Drinking 8 cups of water a day. Anyway, what DVD's have you found to like the most? I'd love to get as much feedback as possible before I go out and buy some, thanks!

October 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yoga is excellent exercise for pregnant women.
Be sure to start now if you're wanting to start a new exercise routine. Although you can start an exercise routine while pregnant, you'll be limited on putting new stresses and shouldn't push yourself too hard as you need to focus on the pregnancy rather than getting fit.

My certification is currently expired and I won't renew till after the baby, but I am a personal trainer (part-time) and studied sports medicine and nutrition in college. If you need help coming up with a good routine to work into and then be able to carry out through pregnancy, feel free to PM me. I'm more than happy to share my knowledge and experience to anyone interested in staying healthy!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

October 15th, 2008, 08:39 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Loved this one for my first. It has a woman in each trimester, so you can see how to adapt each pose to your needs.
Prenatal Yoga

October 16th, 2008, 06:57 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
this is my favorite. I love it!!
October 16th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Be sure to start now if you're wanting to start a new exercise routine. Although you can start an exercise routine while pregnant, you'll be limited on putting new stresses and shouldn't push yourself too hard as you need to focus on the pregnancy rather than getting fit.

My certification is currently expired and I won't renew till after the baby, but I am a personal trainer (part-time) and studied sports medicine and nutrition in college. If you need help coming up with a good routine to work into and then be able to carry out through pregnancy, feel free to PM me. I'm more than happy to share my knowledge and experience to anyone interested in staying healthy! [/b]

Thank you I'll definitely PM you about it!

October 16th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Loved this one for my first. It has a woman in each trimester, so you can see how to adapt each pose to your needs.
Prenatal Yoga[/b]

Lol, I actually already have this one from my last pregnancy. I like it

October 16th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Quote:

My certification is currently expired and I won't renew till after the baby, but I am a personal trainer (part-time) and studied sports medicine and nutrition in college. If you need help coming up with a good routine to work into and then be able to carry out through pregnancy, feel free to PM me. I'm more than happy to share my knowledge and experience to anyone interested in staying healthy! [/b]

I tried to send you a message but for some odd reason it wouldn't let me *scratches head* ... I got the following response - "You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board"

October 16th, 2008, 08:19 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Pms are currently disabled for new members. If you had an account and reregistered because you had problems resetting your password, please send an email to boards@justmommies.com and someone will help you reset your password. If you deleted your old account still send an email and someone can help you out. Also if you are new we apologize for having to disable pms and do not like having to disable them, but unfortunately due to abusive messages being sent through the pm system we have disabled pms for new members.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
October 17th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have that prenatal yoga and really liked it. I also make sure to walk with DD 4 or 5 days a week, and I think that's really helped my energy level and has been good for me overall this pregnancy.

October 18th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Ellemphriem's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Hey everyone, I was hoping you may be able to recommend some great Pregnancy Workout DVDs! It's getting so close to when we are going to TTC (either late December or early January) and I want to have some exercise videos before hand. Maybe I could get familiar with them pre-pregnancy just to see what I like *shrugs*. Anyhow, I workout on a regular basis. I'm big on Yoga, Pilaties, Tai-Chi and such... although I also do Tae-Bo and Aerobics. I like doing a variety of things, and I want to make sure that I continue to work out regularly while Pregnant and stay as fit as possible. I'm already starting to practice with Kegal Exercises, Taking Prenatal Vitamins, and Drinking 8 cups of water a day. Anyway, what DVD's have you found to like the most? I'd love to get as much feedback as possible before I go out and buy some, thanks![/b]
Hi,

I am a workout fanatic, with Tae bo, Yoga and Jogging more than 5 years in a row. I just wanted to tell you to be ready on one hand, BUT don't feel bad if when you get pregnant you see that you cannot do it anymore. When we feel pregnant i was so exhausted and so scared i might do something to harm my baby that everything flew out the window. I started walking and doing mild aerobics (my own combinations beacause i am a former athlete) WHEN and only WHEN i found out i suffered from GD and i had no other choice in order to try and control the diabetes, but with exercise. If i was on the clear with that i'd do nothing believe me. Everytime i push myself and i see brown spotting i freak out.......Anyway i'd suggest walking and pls be careful with aerobics in the first trimester... Walking is perfect and if you can join a professional yoga class for pregnant women and don't do it alone. Too much risk for my tastes. But you know yourself better than anyone i suppose. Just a small piece of my mind .....Now that we are almost there i cannot wait to start my former exercising, slowly at first and then build up to it......it felt safer for the little one.

" \m/ Now Im riding through the air
going to where no one dares
on the way Ill cross the line forevermore \m/ "

October 18th, 2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Hey everyone, I was hoping you may be able to recommend some great Pregnancy Workout DVDs! It's getting so close to when we are going to TTC (either late December or early January) and I want to have some exercise videos before hand. Maybe I could get familiar with them pre-pregnancy just to see what I like *shrugs*. Anyhow, I workout on a regular basis. I'm big on Yoga, Pilaties, Tai-Chi and such... although I also do Tae-Bo and Aerobics. I like doing a variety of things, and I want to make sure that I continue to work out regularly while Pregnant and stay as fit as possible. I'm already starting to practice with Kegal Exercises, Taking Prenatal Vitamins, and Drinking 8 cups of water a day. Anyway, what DVD's have you found to like the most? I'd love to get as much feedback as possible before I go out and buy some, thanks![/b]
Hi,

I am a workout fanatic, with Tae bo, Yoga and Jogging more than 5 years in a row. I just wanted to tell you to be ready on one hand, BUT don't feel bad if when you get pregnant you see that you cannot do it anymore. When we feel pregnant i was so exhausted and so scared i might do something to harm my baby that everything flew out the window. I started walking and doing mild aerobics (my own combinations beacause i am a former athlete) WHEN and only WHEN i found out i suffered from GD and i had no other choice in order to try and control the diabetes, but with exercise. If i was on the clear with that i'd do nothing believe me. Everytime i push myself and i see brown spotting i freak out.......Anyway i'd suggest walking and pls be careful with aerobics in the first trimester... Walking is perfect and if you can join a professional yoga class for pregnant women and don't do it alone. Too much risk for my tastes. But you know yourself better than anyone i suppose. Just a small piece of my mind .....Now that we are almost there i cannot wait to start my former exercising, slowly at first and then build up to it......it felt safer for the little one.
[/b]

Thanks so much for the good advice! I guess you can never predict how your pregnancy is going to be so all you can really do is trust your intuition. I definitely hope to walk a lot and hopefully do at least gentle yoga. I probably will avoid any tae-bo and aerobic activity once I do get pregnant. I won't stress about it though, thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search