hello

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2008, 12:06 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
Since I posted a question already I thought I should introduce myself.

I'm Tishauna, due in December with our first child. I recently decided on trying for a natural childbirth after a few months of not being able to make up my mind. We're birthing at a hospital and I'm searching for a doula to help out with all the things I'd like to achieve with this birth.

The reading list here really helps a lot - I just picked up "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" and "Guide to Childbirth" last night.

Hope to get to know you guys more as I learn!

October 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome TiShauna and congrats on your little boy! This is a great place to get support and inspiration. What made you interested in NCB? Are you under the care of an OB or midwife? If an OB, is (s)he favorable to NCB?

Looking forward to getting to know you.
October 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Welcome TiShauna and congrats on your little boy! This is a great place to get support and inspiration. What made you interested in NCB? Are you under the care of an OB or midwife? If an OB, is (s)he favorable to NCB?

Looking forward to getting to know you.[/b]
I became interested in NCB before I got pregnant, my mom had 2 kids naturally but I wasn't convinced that I could do it myself. I didn't know if it was something I even wanted to do until I started to put together my birth plan - I realized a lot of the interventions I want to avoid are linked to epidurals and overzealous medical procedures. I've researched it a lot more and finally decided it's the right choice for me.

I'm with an OB right now, it's the only option our insurance offers. When I took the hospital tour they were talking about having squatting bars and birthing balls available, getting your husband to bring his trunks to support you in the shower, aromatherapy - it seems that they are open to a lot of things I'd like to do. I plan on talking to my doctor at tomorrow's appointment about more of the specifics. She was open-minded when I told her we'll be delaying vaccination, so I hope she's open to this as well.

October 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM
littlebabydolly
Great to see another December mommy over here! Sounds like you have a nice hospital for your labor. I'm sure you can NCB! Just get a good doula and have your mind set to it.
October 21st, 2008, 02:05 PM
noworries
Welcome and congrats!!! I had a NCB in a hospital with an OB....it's totally doable. And my baby girl was born on Dec. 30, 2007.....what's your December due date?
October 21st, 2008, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Welcome and congrats!!! I had a NCB in a hospital with an OB....it's totally doable. And my baby girl was born on Dec. 30, 2007.....what's your December due date?[/b]
We are due on the 10th. I am so excited to meet our little man!

October 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good to see you here!
October 21st, 2008, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! I'm Jennifer (26) and my DF and I are TTC our first. The ladies here are wonderful and you will receive lots of great information and support!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 21st, 2008, 07:36 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Hi, welcome! I'm Cheryl, one of the co-hosts here. I had my daughter in a hospital totally intervention and med free. I did have a doula, she was a lifesaver. My nurse was crappy, so I focused on my doula. I'm glad to hear you are looking for one.
October 22nd, 2008, 04:16 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I had my daughter in a hospital totally intervention and med free.[/b]
Glad you've decided to go natural! It's an amazing and rewarding experience!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

October 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM
MamaBx3
Hi Tish Welcome! *
October 22nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Welcome! This is a great board, with so many supportive women. It's wonderful to be surrounded by these strong women who have had successful NCB. My name is Nikki, and I'm shooting for NCB around Jan 16. It's my first as well!

Come visit my blog!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search