QOTD

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Do you think your birth experience was affected, either negatively or positively, by those attending your birth? What will you do the same or different next time?

If you haven't had your baby yet, who do you plan on having present during the delivery and how do you envision those individuals helping you?

With Bryson I know that the people who were present during his birth had a huge impact on how the delivery went. I hated the first two OB's who came into my room and absolutely refused for the OB who checked me the second time to touch me again. He was so rough and rude with me that I told the nurse I would not allow him in my room again. I had the chief resident after that until the actual birth when I had two very nice OB's. DH couldn't have been more supportive and wonderful and my mom was good for the most part until I was pushing when she kept putting cool cloths on my head and asking me if it felt good. I wanted to throw them at her, lol.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 24th, 2008, 07:22 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Do you think your birth experience was affected, either negatively or positively, by those attending your birth? What will you do the same or different next time?
my mom was good for the most part until I was pushing when she kept putting cool cloths on my head and asking me if it felt good. I wanted to throw them at her, lol.[/b]
LOL I would have felt the same way!

I had just my DH (and the midwife, etc) in the room, I didn't want anyone else, even my mom. I think it was perfect that way and I will do that again. DH was wonderful but he did go out to the waiting room and have a 3-hour-nap right in the middle of my labor! I felt sorry he was so tired (I went into labor after a long work day), but at the same time I was the tiniest bit peeved especially when my contractions really picked up and I was all by my little self, lol.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

October 24th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I will have my fiance/husband and my mom there. I'm pretty sure we'll also hire a doula. My DF is REALLY bad when it comes to anything medical or clinical. I'm hoping that when the time comes I'll be able to deliver at a birth center, but he really doesn't handle things well. I'm expecting that I may need a backup person just to pick him up off the floor every time he passes out. While they are both supportive of my desires for a natural birth (yes...we've already talked about it and I'm not even pregnant), I definitely think I'll need that extra support from a doula.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 24th, 2008, 07:37 AM
MamaBx3
Positively if anything.. I had 2 great support people both times.
October 24th, 2008, 08:10 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm planning on having my midwife, one of her assistants, my husband, and a doula with me. I may have two doulas even- if I know someone who is training- then I'd invite them to my birth. I'm not sure about additional people- we'll decide when the time comes.

October 24th, 2008, 09:20 AM
noworries
I had my husband, a nurse, and my OB that I had seen throughout my pregnancy. All were extremely supportive and had a positive effect on my birth.
October 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
It was me, DH, our Doula and the stupid nurse, then the midwife for the actual delivery. I could have done without the nurse! She sucked so bad.

I do think it makes a huge difference who is there. Next time we plan to be at home. I have no idea who will be here though. Someone will need to be around for Cadie for sure, I just don't know who that would be exactly.
October 24th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i had my DH and best friend there. both were super supportive and wonderful. all the medical staff was great too, with the exception of the nurse that checked me in. she was not so great.

October 24th, 2008, 12:03 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I had DH and my best friend there. There was the Dr and 4 nurses there although two of them were just there for training purposes...I really wish that they hadn't been there, because Nicholas got stuck on the way out and then he wasn't breathing right away and one of the nurses had this horrified look on her face which kinda scared me. I know that they need to get the experience but I just wish that it hadn't been at my birth! The support people in my next labor will probably be the same, I do NOT want my mother there. I'm afraid that she will yell at the doctors and tell them that they are doing things wrong just because they aren't doing things the way that they did it when my sister or I were born lol.

October 24th, 2008, 10:00 PM
littlebabydolly
I plan on DH, midwife and her assistant there, that's all. I was even questioning her assistants presence till I heard more birth stories about how helpful she was with other peoples labor. I'm growing more comfortable with her too.
October 25th, 2008, 10:02 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
This will be my first experience, and I will have my DH and doula for support. We are studying HB at home, and our doula is also an instructor. Then hopefully just the nurse and midwife. There are no residents at this hospital.
I anticipate my husband helping via what we've learned with HB, and be my main advocate. I anticipate my doula helping by refocusing me on my HB techniques, using massage (she's a CMT), and helping with suggestions in positions/breathing when I hit walls. The main thing I expect from both of them is to really get me through the points where I feel like I hit a wall, and beg for an epidural. I'm excited for my birthing, which is something I didn't think I'd really look forward to. I knew I'd look forward to Shim being here, just not the labor and delivery part. Amazing how things change as I prepare for the big day!

Come visit my blog!
October 26th, 2008, 07:40 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1st: DH (at the time, now ex), mom, grandmother, a nurse, OB - this was a terrible birth experience all around, but there were way too many people in there for my liking. My grandmother was freaking me out and my mom was mkaing me nervous. DH did pretty good, I guess. My nurse was great and I ended up having 1 of the 3 OBs in my practice that I didn't like. Of course it had to be her to deliver me! But she truly did an amazing job massaging through delivery and I didn't tear at all, for a 9 lb 3 oz baby I was impressed!

2nd: Just my mom and a nurse and my OB made it time for 2 pushes and to catch DD.

This time around it will be jsut DH and my midwife (and I guess maybe a nurse?). We were looking for a doula but this past week decided that we're going to do it on our own. My midwife is awesome and I have great faith that my hubby is going to be amazing for me through my labor.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

October 26th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
DH and my mom will be in the room with me, I want them to help me though the pain and give me the encouragement that I dont need the epidural.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search