BTDT Moms

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
What was the worst part of pregnancy and labor for you? What helped?

What was the best part? What made it so great?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
MamaBx3
Pregnancy #1 - The worst part of my pregnancy was the stress caused by SD -- other than his stupidity my pregnancy was very enjoyable. My labor and delivery were just amazing.. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Pregnancy #2 - I was a bit more achy and sore during my second pregnancy.. but nothing major. I had a relatively good pregnancy. Labor and delivery weren't pleasant I know there is nothing that could have been done to prevent it unless the doctor had manually turned her as she was "popping" out.

I'm hoping for a better experience this time.
October 27th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The worst part about the pregnancy/labor was migraines. I got them a lot my first trimester. DH would help by massaging my head/temples.

The best part was actually pushing. It felt great to push and it was so exciting to know that I was so close to meeting Lily.

October 27th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I realy cannot complain about my first pregnancy, I never had any of the usualy pregnancy symptoms, maybe that everyone was telling me that I am going to have a huge baby because I was so big, or the waiting for baby to get here. Best part was when I first got admitted into the labour ward, cause I knew that Ethan would be here soon.

I would have to say that my labor and birth where realy good too, I think the only problem was that I hadn't slept in nearly 48 hours so I was realy tired.

During pregnancy With Madison I had bad hips, had to wear a brace from about 28 weeks on, and also had realy bad diastasis (Sp?) of 10cm after she was born. Best part was seeing and feeling her move around, she was soo much more active than Ethan.

Worst part about labor was that Maddy had done a merconium (sp?) poo so I had to be hooked up to monitors and had to stay on the bed, best part was when I told them to get stuffed with their "stay on the bed" crap and got on the floor to birth, Maddy was possisioned with her back against my back (as was Ethan) so I couldn't stand being on the bed with the back pain.
October 28th, 2008, 10:29 AM
noworries
I have absolutely no complaints about my pregnancy. I didn't have any morning sickness, I was comfortable the entire time and slept well the entire time. I loved it. Oh, except the heartburn....I guess I do have one complaint.
The best part was feeling her move and knowing that I was growing a precious little baby girl inside me.
My labor and delivery went really well too, very little pain and only in labor for a little over 10 hours. I used hypnobirthing and it really helped me to relax during my contractions and have very little pain from contractions. I also loved the jacuzzi tub and would recommend to everyone to use one if you can.
October 28th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
my biggest complaint with both pregnancies was the swollen girly bits (TMI sorry). it was bad with both of them.
During labor, no complaints about my first (other than being made to speed walk during labor), with my second, the blowtorch someone was holding on my back! lol no seriously, the lower back pain was excruciating.
post labor the worst was the horrific hemorrhoids.

Best part of pregnancies, feeling the baby kick/move
best part of labor, with my first it was that no one tried to talk me into doing anything I didn't want. With my second it was that it was mercifully short and I got my waterbirth.
best part of post-labor, with my first, that I felt good and had no tears or anything and was able to get up and move around right away. With my second it was being able to hold and nurse my baby right away

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

October 28th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
I've been pregnant twice but have only given birth once. Rayne was a complicated pregnancy, and difficult birth.

Pregnancy:
I was nauseous throughout my entire pregnancy. I could not exercise, every time I attempted to even do light yoga I felt dizzy and/or sick. I did walk sometimes, but I had no energy throughout my pregnancy. Also my dormant anxiety disorder suddenly reappeared. I had high blood pressure a lot, every time I went into the doctor's office they made me lay on my left side till it went back down. I basically lived off of Prilosec and Zantac for heartburn etc... and I never had a strong appetite. I ate mostly string cheese, yogurt, and crackers. I had braxton hicks contractions through most of my pregnancy, and they were pretty uncomfortable. In the last trimester I ended up in the hospital on three different occasions and my anxiety had gotten real bad but I thought it was all pregnancy stuff (as did the doctors). The one thing I looked forward to throughout my pregnancy was laying on Bobby, watching a happy movie, and just laying still feeling her move inside me. It was my only form of relief and comfort since I couldn't eating anything and doing anything felt like a strain.

Labor:
I was two weeks late, and the day I was suppose to be induced at noon I ended up going into labor at 4 am. Right away things got real intense fast, we left for the hospital right away and its only 10-15 minutes away. By the time I got there I was already 4 cm dilated. Once I was checked out my contractions became constant ... there were no breaks in between. I would have a contraction, get a breath or two in, and then have another one. It was boom, boom, boom... one on top of the other. It was so intense and I had no idea how long labor was going to last that I ended opting for the epidural (despite wanting to go all natural) right before my parents showed up. Then Bobby and My father went to get some breakfast downstairs and I got checked again... I was already at nine cm and they had to get called back up before they had even finished eating. It was great that I only had to push for 45 minutes and that everything happened so fast. However they discovered that I had high blood pressure after giving birth. They said it was rare but that I had Preclampsia post, and had to have magnesium sulfate added to my IV... and that stuff burns. I was so miserable afterward that I felt like I couldn't even enjoy her, and I HATED that.
Best Part: Labor only lasted 5 1/2 hours
Worst Part: Preclampsia after birth

I'm hoping that next time goes COMPLETELY different.... with both pregnancy and labor...

October 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
Best part of pregnancy: everything... I really seemed to have the textbook pregnancy.
Worst part: being heavily pregnant in the hottest part of the summer.

Best part of labor: Knowing that my baby was on his way
Worst part: well there were two big ones, having the doctor giving me Pitocin and then while I was pushing after the head was out, Nicholas' shoulders got stuck. The scariest part was that he didn't breathe at first so they had to rush him over to the warming bed so I didn't even get to see or hold him until he was about 30 minutes old.

October 29th, 2008, 10:30 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

What was the worst part of pregnancy and labor for you? What helped? Worst part of pregnancy...I was pregnant through the summer and I hated the heat. Worst part of labor, definitely the back labor! What helped was the birthing ball, my husband's massage, and the tub.

What was the best part? What made it so great? The best part of pregnancy was definitely feeling the baby move. That was a feeling I'll never forget and one I can't wait to feel again! Best part of labor was feeling her come out of me and then be put on my belly...indescribable moment.

Sara's beautiful children: Cassidy (5y) and Joel (3y 4m) and Timothy (almost 8 months)
Yes, I know I need a new picture .

October 30th, 2008, 01:16 PM
~Jackie
Quote:
What was the worst part of pregnancy and labor for you? What helped?[/b]
The worse part was being in the hospital, becoming so anxious, stopping my body from progressing because of that and being in immense pain for 2 hours because of that.

What helped? Nothing in the hospital, I ended up with an epi and pit.

Quote:
What was the best part? What made it so great?[/b]
Being home, trusting my body, having fun and relaxed atmosphere. My family and I were sitting around cooking, eating, laughing, watching t.v. and playing with my 3 1/2 month old neice while I'm laboring on my birth ball at 7cm! You can't get better than that!!! I was relaxed and confident. I hated the hospital and how cold and sterile it was. NOT homey/loving at all.
October 31st, 2008, 09:50 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Pregnancy best: Being pregnant! I had an awesome pregnancy! I loved it!
Worst: At the end I really didn't have any space left to breathe, but that was about as bad as it got.

Labor best: Getting in the tub! Water is very centering to me, so that was great.
Worst: I pushed for awhile because I got to a point where it just didn't seem like anything was happening and I am NOT a patient person! I really pushed longer than I needed to, but at least I felt like I was DOING something!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search