Going to be MIA for a while...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2008, 11:43 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi girls! I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to let you all know that I won't be around much for the next few months. After yet another failed month (anticipated AF came yesterday), I have decided that I need to give my mind and heart a break from babies. So along with stopping to chart, I've also decided to ban myself from JM, DS and other mommy/baby boards for the rest of the year. I simply need to stop obsessing every day, ALL day long about this. I don't know if my type A personality will really stop thinking about it completely, but I'm hoping the separation will at least help. Help not only to relieve any stress or sadness, but perhaps even because of that enable me to get pregnant.

DH told me last week that he feels he's lost the true me to the obsession and stress of getting pregnant. And that is finally starting to stress him out, as well as sadden him to see me disappointed every month. That's not good for our marriage and it surely doesn't make getting pregnant any easier. So I want to relax, de-stress, and refocus for the rest of this year. I'm happy to put aside TTC all together, but Stefan wants to at least try during my ovulation. I'm not going to try or refrain, we'll just take it as it comes.

In the meantime DH is going to go get tested and then after the first of the year I'll pursue fertility testing with an OB, as well as fertility acupunture.

I make this decision believing that most of you are not due until December at the earliest so I won't have to miss much. I just love you all and care about you and your beautiful pregnancies and births. I value your support and encouragement so much, you'll never know. And I don't mean to leave any of you but I know you are in goods hands here and really, how much help can I be when I've never been through it myself nor can even get pregnant in the first place?!

I wish you happy, healthy, peaceful pregnancies and continued confidence that you CAN achieve your NCB. You are such a strong group of women that I truly admire. I hope to be counted among you one day. I'll probably check in a couple of times before the end of the year but if for any reason you want to get a hold of me, Cindy or Cheryl can give you my personal email.

Take care of each other! Much love,
Shauna
October 27th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that AF showed and that you are having a difficult time TTC. A friend of mine had a similar problem and the first month that they "stopped trying" she got pregnant. I hope that the same happens for you. Enjoy the holidays and know that you will be missed here. I hope you come back soon with a BFP!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Shauna, I'm so sorry AF showed her ugly face again. I support your need to get away from it all for awhile, whatever you need to keep you and your marriage healthy. Just promise you'll come back! I really value your advice and support here. Take care sister!

Come visit my blog!
October 27th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I know that you already told me of this but I just wanted to let you know that you will be SORELY missed and I know that all of us will think of you each and every day. You don't have to have experienced pregnancy or birth to be a supportive person to us all. I don't know what this board would be like if you had never graced us with your presence and I count down the days until you are back with us. I hope this time off really heals what needs mending and I know that you and Stefan will get stronger by the day. I love you so much and am here for you any time you need me. Lord knows I need you. *HUGS*

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

October 27th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will miss you Shauna! But I completely understand your reasons! Take the time to destress and I hope to see you back here in a few months!

Platinum Supermommy
I will miss you Shauna! But I completely understand your reasons! Take the time to destress and I hope to see you back here in a few months!

Platinum Supermommy

October 27th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything goes well for you. Hope you spend lots of time relaxing and having fun while you are having a break. Good luck!
October 27th, 2008, 09:40 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck to you Shauna!!! I hope by not thinking and obsessing will bring you to your BFP!!! Best of luck! You will be missed!
October 28th, 2008, 07:58 AM
whodatmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Shauna, I'm gonna miss you so much. I was thinking about you so much this week because all the Christmas stuff is going up in the stores. Every time I would see something cute, I would think, "I'll bet Shauna would have a fit over this!" I totally understand why you need the break. When you come back, I'll have my cutie pie baby in my arms. I am due in 13 days! Hope you can relax and enjoy married life without feeling so stressed about getting preggers. It will happen. Can't wait to have ya back on the board. Take care and happy holidays!

October 29th, 2008, 11:19 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girls, you are all just the sweetest! This group really does feel like a sisterhood. Thank you for the kind words and loving support!

Destiney, I'll pop back in a few weeks from now to check in about any baby news. I can't wait to read your birth story. I have no doubts of your NCB success.

Love you all!
October 29th, 2008, 11:36 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
:dotuhg: If you get pregnant before next year you better RUN back here to tell us!

October 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
I never really got to know you, as I'm still fairly new to this board but I want ya to know I think you're a sweetheart and I hope for the very best for you! I'm sure this will happen for you, don't lose hope! *hugs* Come back soon!!

October 30th, 2008, 09:48 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
Shauna we will all miss you but I know that the de-stressing is going to do you and Stefan a whole lot of good! Hopefully we will be hearing about your long anticipated BFP very very soon! **HUGS** Love ya sweetie! You are such a great support to everyone here!

October 30th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Shauna! You will be missed around here! I hope you have some good news for us soon, I can't wait to watch you go through your pregnancy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search