Frustrated with DF

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2008, 09:02 AM
MamaBx3
I really want to labor at home. I've never done it before and I think it will make me more comfortable.. plus we're only a 5 minute drive from the hospital.
I've already asked my doctor about a home birth and she said it was just too risky since I bleed so much.. I almost had to have a transfusion with Sophia -so I didn't argue with her about that.. Im not going to mess around with my life.

Anyways.. I have an appointment tomorrow so I'm going to ask her what she thinks about me laboring at home and then going to the hospital once it gets more intense .. Jeremy is outraged about it. He thinks it's completely stupid for me to even consider laboring at home since I go so fast. With Sophia I basically forced the nurse to check me - I had been 2 cm for what seemed like EVER and she didn't want to check me because I wasn't having contractions .. but sure enough I was 9 cm and I knew something was different . well hes telling me I didnt know Good grief.
Do you think I'm completely in the wrong for even considering laboring at home?? I understand that he is worried about a home delivery - that is completely understandable.. but do you think its completely out of the question for me to labor at home?
October 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
noworries
I will be laboring at home for as long as possible next time (if I can't talk my DH into a home birth). I figure I can be at home for 5 hours or at the hospital for 5 hours and I'd much rather be home.
October 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll definitely be laboring at home for as long as I can. If you feel comfortable with it and think you will be able to tell when you NEED to go in, I would just try to sit down and have a serious discussion with DF about how much it means to you to labor at home. Hopefully he will understand. Will you have a doula that could come to the house and help you? He may feel better with someone else there.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 29th, 2008, 07:54 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I think it's best for you to be where you are most comfortable! If that's at home then that's where you belong.
I think you will know when it's time to move to the hospital. How far is it from you?
October 29th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My midwives keep stressing over and over that a woman will labor best where she is comfortable. I think you should labor at home, because you know that is where you will be in your comfort zone and can more effectively progress. I will labor at home until I am sure I'm in active labor. Then I will head to the birth center so I can use the tub to labor in. I also want to comfortable on the drive there, since it's a 30 minute drive.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

October 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM
~Jackie
I didn't leave home until I was 7cm and this time I'm having a homebirth. I totally understand you. I know you're having a hospital birth, but to get DF more on board with your line of though you could introduce the "Convincing DH" thread on the homebirth board. It has a lot of useful information that may help ease his fears/see your POV
October 30th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Only 5 mins. away, that's perfect for laboring @ home and it's your third one so it could be faster labor but the hospital is close. It's a lot more comfortable and nicer to labor @ home. Tell him no!

I have to drive 25 miles for a VABC.

October 31st, 2008, 09:48 AM
MamaBx3
Thanks ladies! He is more open minded about it now ..
We are only 5 minutes from the hospital.. And I bet we'd make it there in 3 if he was in a panic
I don't have a doula but my mom is a great support person and she'll be with me. she is incredible.
October 31st, 2008, 07:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear that DH is on board now and that your mom will be there to support you!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 31st, 2008, 10:07 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BTW = just curiosu - the birth you bled out with - did you get pitocin? Any other drugs?

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search