Anyone else WTTC?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
It suddenly hit me yesterday that our date to start TTC is coming up before I know it! My ticker is for the beginning of January, but DH and I have consider starting mid December. I'm determined to do whatever I can to help myself to be ready for such an important decision. I have much greater hopes for my next pregnancy, like wanting a natural childbirth for one. When I got pregnant with Rayne I didn't know what I was doing, it was unplanned, unexpected, and during a difficult time in my life. It was a hard pregnancy and when I look back I wish I had been more educated about things. So right now this is what I'm doing to prepare....

Fitness:
I've already worked hard to get myself into shape physically. When I found out I was pregnant with Rayne I was 140 lbs, and I'm only 5 foot 3 inches tall. I didn't have very good eating habits, and I didn't exercise. Now I eat mostly organic or at least healthy foods. Nothing processed and whatnot. I was exercising for two hours a day five days a week for a while and got down to my goal weight of 120 lbs. Now I'm mostly maintaining, which is considerably less exercise daily. We're talking working out for 30 minutes a day 3-5 times a week. I've decided I want to get into an exercise routine that I can continue with while Pregnant. I ordered a pregnancy yoga DVD (Yoga Journal and Lamaze present: Yoga for your pregnancy) that should be here tomorrow, and I'm going to start doing that on a regular basis. I'll make walking a daily habit, which will be nice since there is conveniently a park close by. I want to focus more on Tai-Chi as well, since it is such a grounding, balancing, and low impact exercise. I read that it isn't good to change or start a new fitness routine when you get pregnant so you should start implementing those goals ahead of time.

Nutrition:
Even though I already follow a fairly strict diet, I often indulge here and there and stretch outside of my own guidelines. I'd like to be more focused in that area so I've been cutting out sugars and keeping true to my desired health. I've added to my intake, more water. I want to be drinking at least 8 cups a day, so I keep a glass of water near by throughout the day. I've been taking a prenatal vitamin daily as well. I don't eat red meat, but more fruit and veggies. Organic whenever I can which can really depend on Finances. I stay away from anything processed, but I love making my own meals from scratch. The hardest thing right now in that department is all the holiday sweets that are out lol.

Other:
I need to find some really good books on preparing for NCB. Money is unfortunately VERY tight right now so I have to be picky and extremely careful on what I end up buying. Meanwhile I've been practicing Kegal exercises 'cause I read it's good to start doing that before conception as well.. make a good habit of it. I try to take time to meditate and focus on the inner me, to find peace and balance within. I have an Anxiety Disorder so I stress easily, and I want to feel centered with my next pregnancy. Other than that I've just been researching and reading up on whatever I can that might help make the next pregnancy experience go more smoothly.

I can't wait! I am so ready to be in that place! I know it's right around the corner (if I get pregnant right away) but at the same time it feels so far away! I'm sure this is nothing compared to the Two week wait when TTC though lol. What are you doing to prepare?? Any tips or suggestions for me?

October 28th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great that you're doing so much preparation. DF and I are currently TTC and I've really changed my diet a lot. I'm eating healthier and have cut out a lot of caffeine and almost all soda. I still can't give up my coffee, but have really cut back. I've also been exercising more. I am really limited with what I can do because of a back injury, but if I start now I hope that I can keep it up throughout my pregnancy. I've been reading everything I can on NCB online. I was going to pick up some books, but right now with finishing up grad school I don't have a lot of extra time devote to reading books. I'm going to keep reading online, and once I graduate I'll pick up some books on NCB and breastfeeding. Hopefully by then we will be pregnant.

Of course...one of my best friends asked me to donate eggs for her. She's had a long struggle with infertility and the only chance she has of getting pregnant is with donor eggs. I'm still really not sure if I want to do it or not, but if I decide to then TTC will be delayed by a month or two.

Good luck once you start TTC! Maybe we'll end up in a DDC together!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 28th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Quote:
That's great that you're doing so much preparation. DF and I are currently TTC and I've really changed my diet a lot. I'm eating healthier and have cut out a lot of caffeine and almost all soda. I still can't give up my coffee, but have really cut back. I've also been exercising more. I am really limited with what I can do because of a back injury, but if I start now I hope that I can keep it up throughout my pregnancy. I've been reading everything I can on NCB online. I was going to pick up some books, but right now with finishing up grad school I don't have a lot of extra time devote to reading books. I'm going to keep reading online, and once I graduate I'll pick up some books on NCB and breastfeeding. Hopefully by then we will be pregnant.

Of course...one of my best friends asked me to donate eggs for her. She's had a long struggle with infertility and the only chance she has of getting pregnant is with donor eggs. I'm still really not sure if I want to do it or not, but if I decide to then TTC will be delayed by a month or two.

Good luck once you start TTC! Maybe we'll end up in a DDC together![/b]

That's awesome! Wow sounds like you have so much going on. Diet it certianly one of the biggest factors, sounds like you've made some great changes! I can't drink coffee or soda (or anything with caffeine for that matter) because of my anxiety and IBS. I do love coffee too Still its good at the same time since I want to prepare for pregnancy lol. There are so many books out there I don't even know where to begin lol! The reading list here is fantastic, so I'll definitely have to browse through them and pick some favorites.

What a HUGE choice, to donate your eggs! Still, an incredible gesture if you end up doing it... but I can see what a hard decision that would be. Just try and do what is comfortable for you, I'd be interested to know what you end up decided.

It would be really cool to end up in the same due date club! Good luck to you as well!

October 29th, 2008, 07:42 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
your local library is a great resource for books!! They may have most you would want to read.

I have no idea when we will TTC again.....luckily with nursing and my healthy lifestyle I don't have to change much if we were!

October 29th, 2008, 08:29 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you decide to go with a midwife- or hire a doula- you will also have access to their lending library, which is awesome as well.

I'm WTC, but I'll be waiting much longer then you! I'm going to midwifery school in August, so we're waiting to make babies till after I finish. We were ttc for 10 months though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search