since today is election day....

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2008, 09:44 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Is everyone getting out to vote?
Anyone get to vote early?
Did you wait long?
Care to share who you voted for or will vote for?
Anything interesting on your local level?

Is everyone getting out to vote? I can't b/c I am a Canadian citizen &
I may go stand in line with John to keep him company though...and to keep him from leaving!!

Anyone get to vote early? Mass didn't have the early voting option and I can't figure out why! It seems to be a great idea.

Did you wait long? n/a

Care to share who you voted for or will vote for? n/a but it's obvious who I would vote for if I could!

Anything interesting on your local level? We have 3 things here in Mass. Question 1 is to eliminate state income tax- "we" are voting no. Question 2 is to decriminalize possession of marijuana under 1 oz to simply a fine, "we" are voting yes. Question 3 is to make dog racing illegal- a very interesting vote here in our town because it holds one of the two racing tracks in the state. There are vote no signs all over here because people want to keep their jobs. "We" are voting yes- being dog lovers.

We being John only...but me in spirit!!

November 4th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is everyone getting out to vote? I plan to later today
Anyone get to vote early?
Did you wait long? I'm hoping not to. I have to go to the post office this afternoon and if it looks pretty dead, I'll stop by then. Otherwise, I'll wait for DH to come home so we can split Abby duty and keep her entertained while we vote
Care to share who you voted for or will vote for? McCain
Anything interesting on your local level? I think there are 2 proposals, one for medicinal marijuana and one for stem cell research. I'm undecided still on both.

Expecting baby #4!

November 4th, 2008, 10:21 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is everyone getting out to vote? Oh yes!

Anyone get to vote early? I voted last Monday

Did you wait long? about 35 minutes

Care to share who you voted for or will vote for? Nope! I don't share that with anyone except DH.

Anything interesting on your local level? New parks in our county, I'm excited about that and really hoping it gets the votes to be passed!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

November 4th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Is everyone getting out to vote? probably not
Anyone get to vote early? sorta... we have mail-in ballots, no booths, so I could have voted early, but I lost my ballot and since it has to be postmarked today I don't have time to get a new one.
Did you wait long? na
Care to share who you voted for or will vote for? DH and I are both for Obama, but I dont' think we'll actually get our votes in.
Anything interesting on your local level? There's one that's to legalize assisted suicide. Basically if you are terminal (6 months or less to live) and have been declared mentally competent by 2 professionals your dr. can prescribe you lethal drugs. (I believe insurance would cover this). I'm against, DH is for

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

November 4th, 2008, 11:02 AM
~Jackie
I did a research paper on Jack Kevorkian last semester for college. It was very interesting.
November 4th, 2008, 11:31 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Is everyone getting out to vote? done!
Anyone get to vote early? no early voting in PA
Did you wait long? 45 minutes, which i thought was long, since we live in a small, semi-rural area
Care to share who you voted for or will vote for? Obama
Anything interesting on your local level? We had a local measure to have people in our town vote on tax raises and spending, as our township ripped thru a massive amount of money in the past two years on virtually nothing. It has really caused a "Hatfields and McCoys" type of rift in the community. We have only lived here a year, so we pretty much keep to ourselves.

November 4th, 2008, 12:49 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is everyone getting out to vote? went this morning
Anyone get to vote early? --
Did you wait long? Not even a minute
Anything interesting on your local level? I think there are 2 proposals, one for medicinal marijuana and one for stem cell research. I am for the stem cell one and not on the marijuana one.
November 4th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Is everyone getting out to vote? I voted at 9:00 a.m.
Anyone get to vote early? That wasn't offered here.
Did you wait long? I had no wait at all. DH was in and out within half an hour this morning at 7:00 a.m. though.
Care to share who you voted for or will vote for? I voted for Obama!
Anything interesting on your local level? Nope.

[

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

November 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is everyone getting out to vote? yup! I went earlier...
Anyone get to vote early? We had early voting but the lines were ridiculous, so I didn't do it.
Did you wait long? Yeah...apparently the early voting lines carried over to today. I waited 2 hours, which compared to the 5+ hours lines this afternoon, I guess it's not so bad. Plus I went during work time.
Anything interesting on your local level? Not really

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search