QOTD

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Where will you birth your next baby? In a hospital, birth center, home, other? Why?

We will be going to a birth center for this baby because I realized after having my son just how hard it was to not get interventions with the people there constantly breathing down your neck. Plus, this birth center has birthing tubs that I'm so looking forward to using. I can't wait!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

November 6th, 2008, 06:17 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're planning our water birth (happy dance!) a tthe birthing center that is part of one of the local hospitals in our area. It is the only hospital in North GA to offer water births. My midwife wants us to take the water birth class at the birthing center soon.
I have delivered my first 2 at hospitals - 1st was full of interventions due to induction and 2nd was natural (had an awesome general pract/OB).

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

November 6th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Where will you birth your next baby? In a hospital, birth center, home, other? Why?

Well I am going to have my current baby in the hospital that I work at. I have chose the hospital setting because it is an award winning NICU. I know that I am being a little paranoid but I would rather be closer to a hospital in case something were to go wrong. If I wanted I could use the birthing center that is within the L&D unit where they focus on natural birth and birthing tubs. L&D and the birthing center are on the same floor in case anything were to happen. Most likely when we have another child, we will also be having that one in a hospital.

November 6th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I have DF sold on the idea of a birth center once we do get pregnant. I've used the DVR to record A Baby Story and have showed him different shows, in birth centers and in hospitals. I know it's not the most realistic show, but it worked for what I needed it to do! He seems much more on board with the idea of the birth center.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 6th, 2008, 09:08 AM
MamaBx3
Hospital.

There are no birthing centers any where near me .. and I'm a really bad bleeder so a home birth is out of the question.
November 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
There aren't any birthing centers within a decent traveling time from our home, so we are delivering at a hospital. Luckily for us, the doctors that deliver there are very attentive to what the patient wants and don't try to force drugs on you. It's also the only place that my Dr delivers, but I'm totally okay with that.

November 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Last time we were in a hospital b/c we didn't have a choice of a birthing center, and Dh couldn't have delt with home birth. Next time we will be at home, and he is more excited about that than I am!!

November 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The closest birth center to me is about 40 minutes to 2 hours (depending on traffic). I'm considering it but Lily was born in about 6 hours of active labor...only 3 at the hospital. I'm a little worried about how quickly the next baby will come. I'm considering doing it at home as well...but need to think more about that. I bled a lot after Lily and they almost needed to do surgery, so I'm worried about that as well.

November 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Birth center unless they tell me otherwise

November 6th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This one will be in a hospital, but the next will most definately be in a birthing center. I'm really nervous about this hospital because 90% of the moms in labor get epis. I def do not want to feel pressure from the nurses or other staff that I "have" to get an epi. Hopefully no one puts that pressure on me
November 6th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyInWaiting Send a message via MSN to LadyInWaiting
Hospital because there is no birth center or midwives with in about an hour to an hour and a half from here

November 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hospital. But in the hospital I go to the labor and maternity ward is run my midwives.
November 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This one will be a birth center. The one after this (if we have another) will be at home, and I'm hoping DH will be on board with it at that point.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

November 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
Birth center. I hated being in the hospital./ Hated them taking my baby away, hated being there for 2 days

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 6th, 2008, 09:31 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

In a birth center, as long as the pregnancy remains as it is. I am hoping for a med free L & D. And my midwife said no IV or fetal monitoring if I'm doing ok. And I can get there when I'm dialated at 2 and stay and use the birth tub and other items
November 7th, 2008, 06:23 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hospital (no birth centers around here). But the 2 midwives that I see deliver 99% of all babies in the area, and they pretty much run the L&D ward at the hospital. Whatever they say, goes. And they're completely natural birth advocates, so I'm all set!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

November 9th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hoping, praying and working for an uneventful pregnancy so that I can birth this little bean at home. I don't know if it will be a water birth or not, it depends on how the mood strikes me. We do have a big garden tub that fills really quickly.

November 9th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
probably a homebirth. But we'll see when it comes time to decide. Several factors will be going into the decision. For example, WHERE to put a birth tub. And the only homebirth midwives I know of in this area dont' accept any insurance, so we'll be paying out of pocket. And the birth center just moved to a larger facility so I want to do a tour and look at the new center.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

November 9th, 2008, 09:04 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I am still undecided between a birth center and a homebirth. I don't have insurance, so we will be paying out of pocket anyway, unless by some miracle I can get on state. That will partly effect the decision. Also, unless I want to have a party going on around me while I birth or have no one there, I really only have my front room to put the tub. So we'll see. I have awhile to decide anyway, but right now I am leaning toward homebirth.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search