ok ladies who know these things

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
So I want to choose a method to birth with and well I need a break down in simple terms of how each is different from the other. My goal is to choose my method and stick with it through the pregnancy. Especially if I choose Hypno as it seems that ones takes some preperation. Can anyone give me just a jist of what each is. It would be much appreciated!!! Also the book of choice if you have one. I am going to go check out the book thread righ tnow!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 7th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I couldn't write up a list off the top of my head, I do know there's lamaze, Bradley and Hypnobirthing. I decided not to go with any one impaticular, but I am planning on a water birth. Here's some links I found that might help though:
http://www.mommylinks.com/birth/methods.html
http://www.brighamandwomens.org/painfreebi...nmedicated.aspx

For a general natural childbirth book, I've read The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth and it has a ton of great information in it.

November 7th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks so much, I am off to check the links.
Is their a method that you are going with?

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 7th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Regular
It might be worth looking at the list of books at the top of the forum... there are descriptions of each of the books and the "approach" they advocate.

I used a lot of the techniques I learned in my first birthing class, which was based on the "Birthing from Within" book described in the list (some breathing, "unfocused awareness" of the sights / sounds around me, massage, moaning through contractions, sitting in the tub, etc.). It was rather important to practice and figure out which worked for me. For example, I discovered that having my husband talk me through the contractions was definitely NOT going to work - I wanted him quiet. I also figured out that moaning works for me. And so forth.

I can't speak to Bradley, hypnobirthing, or any of the other techniques, but I would hope they give you several different methods of working through the pain; I found it really helpful to be able to switch tactics when one wasn't working.
November 9th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks so much, I did end up getting Birthing From Within and hopefully that will give me some good info!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search