for those that have had a water birth

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
ok so I have to ask one of those annoying questions. Are you ready? ok here goes.
The one thing that turns me away from water birth is sitting in my own stuff. I know it must sound stupid to you guys, but how yucky does the water get. I mean when Nichole was born, she was pretty yucky, and granted I would have held her as soon as she came out even if she came out sparkling clean! lol but... sitting in it getting pruney sounds gross.
So how messy is it? Please be honost, I mean if it didn't bother you, I get that, but was their stuff floating around and stuff and did your husbands/so sit behind you with their feet in the water like I have seen on some shows?
what ever goods you have!!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 7th, 2008, 04:43 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
My water didn't get yucky at all. I think there was a couple of pieces of sac floating around, but my MW had a fishnet for such purposes and got them out. I didn't tear either so no blood, and Tanith came out pretty clean. They emptied the tub before I delivered the placenta, so I didn't sit in that either.

November 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ok thanks so much. So its probably not as messy as I would think. I kept saying all while I was trying to get pg (7 months) that I might labor in water but not birth, now I am reconsidering

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I didn't have much of anything either. The yucky stuff comes out right at the end and they drain the tub right away (at least for mine they did). A homebirth with a freestanding tub might be different, cause you can't just drain it, but it's really not a big deal. Anything "chunky" gets fished out and you don't even notice.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

November 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I am planning on having a home birth with an inflatable tub, but I'm not too worried about gross stuff. I have a feeling that I will want to get out of the water after the baby comes out anyways, my skin tends to prune up really fast and I don't like that.

November 9th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks for the personal experiences ladies, that's what I need to hear!

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Quote:
ok thanks so much. So its probably not as messy as I would think. I kept saying all while I was trying to get pg (7 months) that I might labor in water but not birth, now I am reconsidering[/b]
I had a water labor/land birth with my first. I loved it, except for the getting out to deliver the baby part. for me, getting out of the water was torture. I took me a solid 5 minutes to stand up and get out of the tub. As soon as i stood up I got the worst contraction ever and it took a lot of effort. I wish I would have been able to just stay in the water. I started panicking and had to have an oxygen mask because I was hyperventilating after getting out of the tub to deliver her.

November 9th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thats horrible. Glad everything still worked out though, i don't get why they won't deliver in the tub if you are there anyways.

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

November 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM
it was hospital policy That's why my second was at a birth center and was a waterbirth. If you can, GO for the full on water birth!

November 9th, 2008, 08:47 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I LOVED my waterbirth and I plan on having a waterbirth with this one too. Now it is just deciding between home or birth center again. If it is a home birth I will probably also get an inflatable tub. I plan on setting it up in the bedroom, so I will be able to get right on to my water bed. Can you tell I like water?

November 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol I guess so

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search