Birth Plan

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2008, 05:22 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Well, I'm on week 3 of my hypnobabies classes, and it's time for me to make my birth plan. I have a short one they gave me at the office, but I'd like to make one of my own that is more detailed. Does anyone have any websites that are very detailed and inclusive that I can use for a template or ideas? I'd like to get it done (the tentative version) by tomorrow night, so I can take it to my 30 week appt on Thursday morning. My goal is to make sure all the midwives get a chance to go over it with me before I'm in labor, since I don't know which one I'll get it. Thanks in advance for any help!

Come visit my blog!
November 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm no help I didn't use one. I'm sure one of these ladies can help you, though.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

November 11th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
This was my favorite site for birth plans when I made mine:

http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/birth_plan.html

It gets pretty detailed so I hope it helps you. I ended up printing this one out and then revising it in word. If you'd like us to review it just post it.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

November 12th, 2008, 10:31 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
With my first pregnancy, we took a childbirthing class and had to have the book "Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn" and there is a section in the book that is just for help with writing your birth plan. It helped me quite a bit, and the book was really easy to find, you can most likely find it at a discount book sales store like Half-Price Books (I don't know if you have those where you are) for really cheap.

November 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
I'm a little late on this so I don't know if it will help you, but here is my birth plan from my first daughter...

We understand that this is our ideal situation and emergencies do occur. However, we wish to create and look forward to a natural childbirth experience. Thank you in advance for helping us during this special time in our lives.

-Intermittent monitoring as long as possible
-Free to walk around and change positions during labor
-Strongly wish to have unrestricted access to shower/bath
-No prompting for pain relief
-Heparin lock instead of IV (IV only if absolutely necessary)
-Please do not rupture membranes and no artificial inducement
-Wish to avoid an episiotomy, please use perineal massage and warm compress first. We would like to be consulted before one is performed in any situation.
-Wish to avoid vacuum/forceps
-Please do not clamp baby’s cord until it stops pulsating
-Place baby on mother’s abdomen/chest immediately after birth, including evaulation/apgars if possible. It is very important to us that we have initial bonding and breastfeeding time.
-No artificial nipples, we wish to breastfeed exclusively.
-We do not wish to be separated from the baby at any time.
-Avoid eye drops for the baby and we wish to be consulted before any and all procedures for the baby are begun.
-No 24 hour PKU
-Do not give Hepatitis B shots
-Only give Vitamin K shot in the circumstance of severe bleeding or bruising.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search