our interesting time at the library!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2008, 11:29 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Today I finally got Cadie over to the library to baby storytime. It was pretty cute, lots of kids because there was no school today, only a few real young ones. Most of the kids didn't pay much attention and the parents were taking to them during the stories without even whispering, that was weird. But anyway Cadie liked it.

So afterward we go out to the library part and started looking at books. Cadie was sitting on the floor and we were talking to some people, everything is normal. All of the sudden this boy about 4 or 5 years old comes running in, beelining for Cadie. The mom is behind him trying to get him to stop- saying "yes that's a baby...blah blah" the kid wasn't listening. He was holding a truck and all of the sudden I see him throw it at her, and throw himself to the floor. The mom is pleading with him and at this point I realize this kid is psycho. The next thing I know the mom is on the floor too and the kid lunges at Cadie and tries to scratch her face or slap her or something, all I know is everything happened really fast and I was in shock. I remember saying something like "oh my god" and I just grabbed Cadie and picked her up. She was basically restraining the boy, and then she tried to get him to pay attention to some toy she had. This poor woman had such desperation in her voice. She just got him to go to another side of the room and then just sort of followed him around, reacting to everything he was doing, trying to get him to focus on something.

I have worked with special needs kids before myself, I know they need to be in public and get used to things going on around them, but I have never seen anything like that before. It's like he was rabid!! And he was at the library, pretty low on the stimulation scale.

He later came up to us again while we were checking out some books. I was holding her so I knew she was ok, but I honestly didn't want this kid anywhere near her. The mom didn't even aknowledge that he had just attacked her a few minutes before. Total insanity!! I do feel bad for her, but Cadie was just sitting there not even looking at him.

Who knew things could get so crazy at the library!
November 12th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WHOA! What a crazy day at the library. I'm sure it's really tough on the mom, but at the same time, she should have at least acknowledged the fact that he practically attacked your child! Poor Cadie. It sounds like she handled it like a trooper though. Hopefully her next library experience wont be so traumatic. If the library was that bad I'm scared to see what might happen on the playground.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 13th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Oh my gosh!! That would have totally freaked me out. I'm so glad Cadie is ok and didn't get hit or anything. I do feel bad for the mother too. The only thing I can think is she must just be so tired of explaining what is wrong with her son. Either way though she could have at least apologized. *HUGS* Hopefully your next trip will be much more peaceful!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

November 13th, 2008, 11:12 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
you'd think it was some tough inner city library or something!! haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search