Joining the insanity

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
Gonna come over here and get known by y'all, and get to know y'all. Oh and BTW I have had 3 NCB and am planning a fourth for the baby due in june.

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13
November 17th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Yay! Welcome to the board! I'm Cindy, mommy to Bryson and expecting our second in May. Please tell us about your NCB experiences!!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

November 17th, 2008, 09:03 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello! I'm Angela, 30 married to Troy, 29 expecting our first in July.
November 17th, 2008, 09:18 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Hi, welcome. I'm Cheryl, the other co-host here and mommy to Acadia, born in January.

November 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome! I am Katie Expecting my 3rd in december!
November 17th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! I'm Jennifer and my DF and I are TTC our first! Looking forward to getting to know you!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 17th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! I'm Jennifer and my DF and I are TTC our first! Looking forward to getting to know you!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
November 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
I'd really love to hear more about your NCB experiences!! I've had one NCB and plan to have my 2nd in April! : )
November 18th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Tinky
What day was Acadia born? My youngest was born january 27, 2008.
OK Im not a great story teller but here it goes. I will start from the beginning.
I do not like to take medicine. I hate it. I fight it with all that I am. I dont like to take tylenol for pain, I dont like to take cold medicines for colds etc. You get the picture? Im just stubborn like that. if I had known then that I could deny IVs and moniters and whatnot....

When I got pregnant with my first I denied being chaptered out from the military hospital to the civilian one. They offered that if you wanted an epiderul and I didnt.40 weeks of uneventful pregnancy followed, unless you count only a 10 pound weight gain. Then 41, then 42. At 42 they told me I had no choice, that an induction was necassary for the safety of the baby. I was devastated but agreed because I wasnt going to allow my stubborness to harm someone whom I hadnt even met yet, and didnt even know was a boy or girl! So after my appt that friday and the news, we went for a NST. They did an exam to check the weight position of the baby. They said estimated weight 5-6 pounds in good position. Home we went with instructions to return at 6am on monday. I tried so hard to get things started on my own, mowing the lawn, walks etc to no avail. That sunday afternoon My DH drove three hours north to get my sister who wanted to be there for the birth. I went to my mothers to await her arrival. After dinner and a movie with my folks I got tired around 10 so I went to go lie down for awhile. I kept getting woken by an annoying pain in my belly, but I would roll over and doze off again. All of the sudden, my eyes popped WIDE open. I had to poop! I knew it, right that second, so I jumped up and ran down the hall. My mother heard me and came, and said that I was in labor. I said no Im not, I just have to poop. She didnt believe me and made me get into the car and go to the hospital. I was still having some lil annoying pains but didnt think they could be contractions, they didnt really hurt. When we got to the hopsital they did there checks and low and behold, I was 5 cm. So I was admitted, my DH still on the road and unaware. After the nurse hooked me up to moniters etc she left the room to show my mom where to take my ID and such for the admittance. I had to throw up! I was hooked to all kinds of stuff so I started to try to manuvere off the bed and I didnt make it. The nurse came back and Im kneeling on the bed with my hands full of vomit. She tried not to laugh but I could still see it on her face. She got me cleaned up and settled in again, when I went and 'peed' myself. Turns out that was the water breaking and she said it didnt make any sense to change the sheets again seeing as it was going to keep leaking out for awhile. We could do it a bit later. After about an hour, an hour and a half my DH came charging through the doors. My mom went home to be with my sis and wait the long night. I dont really remember much about the night. It was catnaps and checks. Around 5-6 the next morning the nurse checked again and said we were ready to go, time to push! Yipee! I was shocked I didnt feel any different. We pushed until 7 when my doc came in, and I asked if he was ready to induce. Nothing was happening. I kept pushing and pushing. My eyes swelled almost shut from all the work. The baby wouldnt move past crowning. The doc decided to do an episiotomy. Still nothing. My sister came in. She got tired of the doctor she said, not helping. It was 11 in the morning, I had been pushing for almost 6 hours. She told the doc to do something or get punched. He decided to use the vacuum. Noone asked what I wanted, but at that point I was so tired I dont know that I could have made a decesion. I guess my pushes were getting weaker and weaker. SO they hooked it up and the first push after that the head came out. Sunny side up and not down, explaining why I couldnt get him over the pubic bone. Then with the next his shoulders, then body. ITS A BOY!!! His poor little head was all bruised up and misshappen and I could barely see him with my swollen eyes. My DH stood by him and just smiled so big. They weighed and measured him. I had torn past the episotomy so I had to get stitched. Thats the worst part for me.
Robert Richard ****** 8 pounds 12.5 ounces and 20 3/4 inches born June 12, 1995

Pregnancy number 2 was lost, had a DNC June 1996

Pregnancy Number 3 We decided to move from Oklahoma to be nearer my husbands family in Arizona. It was a rough trip battling MS and dealing with a toddler, but worth it to be near his family. Another uneventful 9 months with another 10 pound weight gain. The friday before my duedate I went to my appt. I was having sporadic contractions here and there but nothing to get excited about. The midwife checked and said I was 2 cm dilated and she thought baby would be here before the weekend was out. By the time I got home an hour later, my mucus plug came out. I called my MIL to let her know how the appt went and about the plug, and darn if she didnt show up half an hour later to haul me off to her house 'just in case' She was worried because the hospital was 45 minutes away and didnt want me to be alone. I told her no worries, these things take time. She wouldnt hear of me going home, so we stayed for supper. My DH came and we rented movies and stayed the night at the inlaws with our son. All the next day my MIL worked like a driven woman to finish the bassinet sheets etc she was sewing for the baby. She worked until midnight. At that time my DH decided that nothing was happening so we went home. I went to bed, he stayed up and played the computer. At 2 am he came to bed, and it woke me. I had to potty. I went to the bathroom and (TMI) had a nice Bowel movement and went back to bed. I woke up at 3 with a hard contraction. Then 3 minutes later another came, then 3 minutes another. i woke my DH who said it was nothing and went back to sleep. i got up, i couldnt lay there. I went in the bathroom and lots of bloody mucus was coming out, so I woke him again. he said hed call the midwife. She told him to put me in a bath and see if the contrax stopped and kept up. By the time he got the little one up and dressed and checked on me, I had had at least 4 more. he called his parents. They said they would come get Robert. I got out of the tub and tried to get dressed but mostly sat on the edge of the bed just breathing. AFter his parents left he said we were going to go to the birthing center and asked where my shoes were. I told him my shoes be ######ed. lets just go. I could barely walk to the car, and he told me If i didnt hurry he would carry me. So I tried to hurry. It was a 45 minute drive in January, in Arizona. it wasnt too cold but it was raining. He made a wrong turn and it took us a little longer then expected. We finally pulled up to the center and I jumped out and walked to the doors in my wet socks. The door was locked and we had to wait for the nurse to come upon after ringing the bell. As we walked into the door my water broke, and the baby started crowning right there in the hallway.The car was still running, the doors wide open, but my DH and the nurse helped me to a room. There was no time for a gown, or anything. The nurse had a glove on yelling for the docotr, holding the babys head right there and telling me NOT TO PUSH! I told her I couldnt help it, my body was doing what it wanted. The doctor came running in and finally, relief. The baby girl was born in three easy pushes. 2 hour after the first contraction. I had torn again and had to have stitches.
Heaven-Leigh Dale ****** 7 pounds 5 ounces 19 inches Born On her due date January 11, 1998

I had a tubal Ligation that afternoon.
I was divorced 2002.
I moved to North carolina with the kids.
I was remarried 2004.
I had a tubal reversal 2006.

Pregnancy Number 4 was with my new husband who didnt have any of his own children. At our 22 week U/S we found out we were having a boy, and that the baby had pylectsis. Fluid buildup in the kidneys. this was cause For some concern if it didnt clear on its own. Most times it does clear by the third trimester. Unfortunetly it didnt and there would have to be some tests run when he was born. My fluid became low around 36 weeks. The doctors and midwifes at the practice were a little worried, and I was ordered bedrest and more fluid intake. They were also concerned with the size of the baby. They feared he would get to big before long.They were also worried because of the short birth of my daughter. We live 45 minutes from the Naval hospital on a good day. On a PT day it can take an hour alone getting through the gates. Then a group decides they want to protest the death of the pregnant marine by another marine. The are scheduled to protest the weekend before duedate. Thank goodness we didnt need the doctor that weekend. The friday before my due date i went in for my appt. I was at 3 cm and 75 percent effaced. The docotr wasnt concerned and said it could take weeks to go from that point. I was to call back on Monday (my duedate) and make an appointment. (Normally I would make an appointment on the way out the door but the computers were down.) I went home feeling a little sad. I was so ready to meet my little man and to know his kidneys were okay. Friday night was quiet, saturday was quiet, sunday morning and afternoon were quiet. I felt some very small contractions now and agin, but nothing to be excited about. My Joe decided to make spaghetti and let me rest. It was 630ish. As I was watching TV I felt a pain and a pop inside and then the couch was flooded! I called out to him and said Joe my water just broke. He said shut up it did not . I said yes it did! I went and got the phone to call L&D. They asked some questions and asked If I wanted to come in and get checked. DO I????? So we went. About 30 minutes later as we are driving down the road the contractions start in earnest. 2-3 minutes apart. We still have to drop the older kids off at my sisters, and then drive to base. Joe is getting worried, because he doesnt want to 'have to pull out a sticky bloody kid'
Then they start coming 1-2 minutes apart, and everytime a gush of fluid comes out. Hes yelling at drivers, and cussing at lights. The cells keep riniging because everyone wantes to know whats happening. Im not talking, Im breathing. He just yells at the callers telling him his drib=ving he will call back. We get to the hospital and go all the way back and all the way up to L&D. (why would they put L&D all the way in the back of a front entrance hospital and three floors up???) Joe insists i sit in a wheelchair. BUT when we get upstairs i refuse, i get out and walk to the desk. The nurse takes us to triage, my pants are soaked, my socks are socked, and its pink. She says she has to check even if its obvious. Im feeling like I have to poop and god Im sorry I had the worst gas! I was mortified!! I know my Joe was turning green and I kept apologizing to everyone about it. They checked anyway and said I was 5 cm dilated and 100 effaced. This was 8ish. I was thinking it would be awhile, so Joe went to move the car and get the bags. He came back and the nurse checked again an I was 9 cm. She decided that she wouldnt have me move to wheelchair to go to a delivery room but stay on the triage stretcher and shed wheel me. Joe is texting away to all the peopl hed yelled at earlier syaing it was going to be a good long time before baby cause we were only 9 cm. (No he didnt know any better then)
They took me to the room and said to call if we needed anything. I dodnt know how long we were in the room when i felt the change. I knew Ray was coming and I told Joe to go get the nurse. he asked why and I yelled at him to please get the nurse. Well the whole crew was waiting outside the door, joe no sooner stepped out than the nurse and midwife came in with trays and carts and whatnot. The midwife checked and said there was a small lip but that I could push past it, and let me go. I wasnt pushing too long when I had an accident. Joe almost threw up but the nurse and midwife never broke stride. Towards the end, then midwife jumped up and kicked the stool back, then she had the nurse and joe pull me really far down on the bed and put my legs up so high. Ray was born then and he was limp. The midwife handed him to the nurse who took him to the warmer and worked on him. He started crying. Joe was in awe. He stood there and just looked at his baby. I had to get, yup you guessed it. stitched up. have I said how thats the most hated part by me?? he turned around to talk to me while on the phone with someone, and yelled OH A PLACENTA!! heehee hes so silly
Raymond Matthew ****** 8 pounds 12 ounces 21 inches Born januray 27, 2008 the day before he was due.

Preganany number 5...Birthstory coming in June

Robert 17,
Heaven-Leigh 15
(TL 1.11.98)
(TR 10.26.06)
Raymond 5
Alexavier 3
Stoney 2
Korbyn 28 week miracle 5/17/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search