frustrated

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello LAdies,

I am a little upsent right now. DH and I are TTC #4 and we really want a water birth this time but I cannot find any place in the area that offers this! WHat do I do? I live in central Connecticut and the closest birthing center is in Danbury! Over 1 hr away! I would like a hospital waterbirth ideally, I am just a little nervous about a homebirth. Are there any options for me or am I stuck? This is such a downer.

Susan: Mom to 4 beautiful munchkins Sarah, Alexis, Joey, and Addison!
November 20th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
An hour is a ways, but I wouldn't rule that out. My birth center is 30 minutes away on a good day (in traffic, 40 minutes). It's worth it though. If I didn't have that option, I would have made a home birth work. Unfortunately, there aren't many hospitals that offer a water birth, and most just allow you labor in the tub, not give birth.

November 20th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Why is a water birth too much to ask? I mean it would save ins. companies a bundle . I just dont know anymore!It actually cosidered an alternative birth experience....crazy!

Susan: Mom to 4 beautiful munchkins Sarah, Alexis, Joey, and Addison!
November 20th, 2008, 12:27 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think an hour away is horrible, unless you have a history of speedy labors.

you also have to option of laboring at home in the water, then going to the hospital later in labor.

November 20th, 2008, 12:33 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I know how frustrating things like that are. I just recently found out that there is a birthing center that is close to me but I also found out that my insurance only covers hospital births and we can't afford it on our own so I don't get a water/birthing center birth like I would like either.

It's completely beyond me why the more natural ways of birthing are considered "alternative" and aren't offered to be covered by most health insurances.

November 20th, 2008, 02:02 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
my friend had her son at that center and it was wonderful. I was right there holding her head when he arrived. She lived in NY and traveled 45 minutes. It was worth it.
November 20th, 2008, 02:04 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
My birth center is 40 mins away without traffic. They do not do water births though, they do have jacuzzis for you to labor in. I would check out your birth center that is an hour away.

November 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It is silly, they say it's because the "risks" of a water birth are unknown. What risks? I've never heard of a mom or baby put in a bad situation because of a water birth. On the other hand, interventions during birth can cause far greater risk to mom and baby, and yet they don't even care...

November 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
Like some of the others have said, I wouldn't rule out the birth center. With my last pregnancy, the birth center was 40 mins away, and that w/o crazy California traffic! We hit rush hour when I was in labor and it took us a little over an hour to get there, but was well worth it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search