Hi lovely ladies....I'm back!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi All! Well, so much for staying away through the end of the year! LOL! No, I'm not pregnant. But my DH has made a major turn lately so there really is no point in staying away. While it was probably good not to be on JM constantly at work, I really did not think about things any less. Especially since a good friend just had her baby 3 weeks ago, I got to join another friend at her home birthing class, DH & I babysat an adorable 5 month old, and I figured out that becoming a doula/childbirth educator is indeed my path!

It's actually due to babysitting that Stefan has made a sharp turn. He has always been excited to start our family (despite fears around money) and has known his whole life he wanted children and would probably make a good dad, but after watching little Liam he has this sudden deep and intense desire for us to get pregnant ASAP.

He is great with kids but usually does not hold other people's babies. From the minute Liam's parents left, Stef stared adoringly at me while I calmed Liam down from realizing his mom was gone. Liam then chilled out laying on my lap/stomach and then proceeded to let go of the nastiest, runniest poo. It was all over me too so Stefan had to help me change him. We seriously went through a dozen wipes. It was all up in his back under his shirt! All the while Liam is smiling like he knows he just gave us our first co-parenting project. After he was successfully cleaned and changed I asked Stef to take him while I cleaned myself. When I came downstairs the boys were having the greatest time together. Stef fed him his bottle and later after I was unsuccessful at putting Liam down for bed, Stef had him sleeping tight in 10 minutes.

Stef was SO proud of himself and on an incredible baby high for days. Actually he still is! He told me immediately that he does not want to wait to get pregnant, that we wants to use whatever means necessary to get pregnant like using OPK's and temping again. Before he was adament that he didn't want getting pregnant to be clinical but wanted to keep the romance. Now he says if I get a positive OPK and it means we need to "meet up" in the middle of day he's all for it. He says that's hot anyway!

So I should ovulate this weekend. I'm still planning on going to the OB to get work drawn up to make sure there is nothing wrong and he will do the same. While I can't say I'm completely rejuvenated since in this last month I think I've been prepping myself to face major issues with TTC, I am extremely happy and touched to see my husband get this intense desire that I've had for so long. He told me if he wasn't all in before and that kept us from getting pregnant then I should watch out now because he wants me knocked up IMMEDIATELY!

So that's where I am in a nutshell. Now that I'm back I'll strive for balance, as is always the desire but usually is so hard to maintain. I've missed you all and can't wait to catch up with you and to meet the newbies.

Our time w/ Liam:

December 2nd, 2008, 05:58 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I am ecstatic right now Shauna!!! I am seriously about to cry from happiness! I have missed seeing your posts here sooooo much and I can't tell you how happy it makes me that you are back. YAYYYY!!!

I'm so glad that Stefan has hit this new milestone in TTC and I just know you're going to be preggo in no time. Now update your chart so I can stalk you!

I love you honey!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 2nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
You know I love you too! Gosh, I can't believe you are 15 weeks already.
December 3rd, 2008, 06:20 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
First off, I'm so glad you're back. Your wisdom and advice are very valuable to me. Secondly, that may be the cutest baby in those pics, but maybe I feel like that b/c it's what inspired your DH to jump back on the bandwagon at full speed. Lots of BFP dust to you!

Come visit my blog!
December 3rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back Shauna! It's good to see you back on the board and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you to get a positive test soon!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

December 3rd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Im so glad youre back!!! I missed you!

Heres to a for you!!!!!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
December 3rd, 2008, 10:38 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Thank Heavens!!! Love you Shauna x0x
December 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I'm so glad to see that you're back Shauna! Of course I'm stoked that your DH is on the full force track to "knock you up"

The baby that you guys baby sat is so adorable! I love those chubby cheeks!!

Can't wait to see your BFP!! I know that it will be soon! You're stalkers are back

December 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks guys! Little Liam is such a Buddha baby. He's 5 months and already 20 lbs! His mom kept saying that you can rub his belly for good luck. Now of course I believe it because it sure worked wonders on my DH.
December 3rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Shauna I'm so glad you are back!! I'm so excited that your DH is so onboard with TTC now! That is awesome!

December 3rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Awwww! That poop must have had some magical powers!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 3rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Well that poop was almost a glowing greenish color so maybe it was magical!
December 3rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww, what a great story!!! I'm so glad you're back!

I'm working towards Childbirth education too- I'm really excited for this next step in my Doula Journey.

I'm going to do training through Passion for Birth- which is a part of lamaze. But it is SO not the he he he lamaze breathing stuff from movies... I think it'll be really amazing! http://www.passionforbirth.com/ there is an awesome video on this site. I'm so excited to do the training next spring! I'm also going to be doing the ALACE CBE program, and probably offer my combination of both

December 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back! I'm glad to see you've returned. The pictures of Liam with you guys are adorable. I'm glad to hear that Stefan has turned around and is back on the bandwagon for TTC right away! I hope you get your BFP soon.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
December 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So good to see your pretty face back here!!! And all the news is VERY EXCITING!!!
I couldn't help but smile while reading about Stefan's change of heart after being around the baby.
Yay! And good luck with it all!!!!!!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search