My L&D trip

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...owtopic=1371539

I did add a post later that said I met the fourth midwife, so at least that was positive. I really liked her. I loved my nurse, and she said she'd be more than happy to take care of us when it's the real deal.

It made me apprehensive about my ability to go natural, I feel like I do really well with my hypnobabies relaxation here at home....I'm not so sure about there though. All the questions and admission stuff is NOT something I'm going to be able to deal with while I'm focusing on relaxing. My nurse said that alot of what they put into the computer will carry over, so that's good. I told my nurse that my plan was to either have my doula or husband be filling the tub while I get that 15-20 minute admission strip, and she loved that plan. I also told her that when I ask for the epidural during transition, to lie to me and tell me the ologist is super busy! She laughed but said she could totally do that.

I really do want a natural birth, but I'm simply not confident in my abilities. I'm so thankful that I'm only five minutes from the hospital......it makes me ALOT more comfortable in getting through most of my birthing here at home. Between my husband and doula, and my hottub here at home, I think I have a chance. I just worry about caving once I get to the hospital. Why oh why can't there be a birthing center here in Charlotte? I honestly just want to go to the farm with Ina May. I'm reading her book for the second time, getting inspiration from the birth stories. And I'm stepping up the frequency and seriousness of my hypnobabies studying.

Any advice for me? I do work with two women who've had NCB despite the fact that we are the ones who put in epidurals and give drugs all day, everyday. It's so weird sometimes to be in the anesthesia field for my career, yet want nothing to do with it for my own childbirth. I just want my baby boy alert and healthy, and I don't want to be tied down to a bed and monitors. The way I see it, NCB is the way to meet those goals! Tell me I can do this, b/c I'm really needing some encouragement right now.

Nikki

Come visit my blog!
December 4th, 2008, 02:32 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you TOTALLY can do it!!!

Try to stop worrying, just trust yourself. You can birth this baby, just the same way thousands of women are doing it everyday: instinctually, naturally and with love.

December 4th, 2008, 02:35 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
You can totally do it Nikki!!! You are going to do great when the time comes, trust me! You will be focusing on your body and what is going on to worry about drugs.

December 4th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad that your trip to L&D was relatively uneventful. I'm sorry about the IV and terbutaline though. It doesn't sound fun at all.

I KNOW you can and will totally achieve a NCB. I would definitely pre-register at the hospital that way there really isn't much to do in the way of paperwork. It would be perfect if you could have the same nurse, because it sounds like she's really on your side. I agree with laboring at home and plan to do the same thing. I know if the temptation is there it's more likely I may try to give in. I am sure that you will do an amazing job and have the delivery you've imagined!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
December 4th, 2008, 03:29 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can absolutely do this Nikki! You've come so far since that day you first posted here. Now you have a TON of information and even more support from all of us. Honestly, I would never think you to have doubts since you seem so strong in who you are as a person. And there is no doubt of your knowledge on both sides. So it's probably just natural nervous jitters now that you are getting close. Just keep reading Ina May's stories and coming here. You know we'll give you nothing but support and encourangement. I'm so excited to read your NCB story. I have no doubts of your success. HUGS!!!!
December 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
during the 40 or so minutes when I was thinking I couldn't do it, I just kept reminding myself that I would never forgive myself if I got an epidural. It worked for me. Also I was transitioning (I went from 3cm to 9 in under 2 hours) I later realized. They say just when you think you can't do it, it's close to time to push.

I'm glad you and Shim are ok! Rest up and drink your fluids!
December 4th, 2008, 05:47 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
You can totally do it, girl! It sounds like you have done everything you can to prepare, and now it's just up to you and the baby to do the work! I think it's only normal to have doubts, but just know that you can and WILL do this! Even during labor I doubted myself but I just kept making myself go 30 mins longer w/ no drugs, then another 30 mins, and so on. Eventually she was crowning and before ya know it she was here! Between your husband, doula, and that nurse, you'll have a lot of great support so just have faith in yourself and TRUST BIRTH! : )
December 5th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Nikki, you can so do this!!! You have educated yourself, you have a goal in mind, you have an awesome support team to be there with you. In the end it will be harder because it's a hospital but that doesn't mean you can't do it! You just have to keep reminding yourself that this will not last forever and as soon as it is over you'll be able to move around and really concentrate on Shim and not have to wait for you to start feeling your legs. You will be so proud of yourself. It's not going to be the easiest thing you've ever done but you were made for this. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Hell, I'll give you my cell phone number and I'll talk you through it if you need me to. I know you can do it!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 5th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You know you can do it!! Dont doubt how strong you are! Your husband believes in you! Your doula believes in you! And we all beileve in you!!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search