What is your biggest fear?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I think for me, right now, my biggest fear is what is it going to be like after the birth. I don't know why but these past few weeks I've been sooooo nervous about having two little ones. I'm not scared of the labor or any of that at all. What about you?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm afraid that I would be transfered and need a cesarean.

December 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Brittnic's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
I'm afraid that I would be transfered and need a cesarean.[/b]

Me too. I'm not afraid of labor itself but of having to go to the hospital for a complication or for not progressing. Right now my biggest fear is that my body won't go into labor and I will have to be induced.

December 5th, 2008, 08:29 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
I'm afraid that I would be transfered and need a cesarean.[/b]
yes! That is my biggest fear. That, and something going horribly wrong during delivery. And getting a complete tear. BUT as long as baby comes out healthy one way or another, all those other fears do not matter.

December 5th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know which one is my biggest fear but these are the ones that bug me the most:

- Long labour
- The baby getting stuck
- Having to get a C-Section because of some complication

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
December 5th, 2008, 09:07 AM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I am also afraid of not going into labor on my own and having to be induced if I hit the 42 week mark, or if something pops up on the NSTs after 40 weeks. I'm not worried about the labor very much which I never thought would be the case.

December 5th, 2008, 09:21 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
A cesarean is always one of the things there in the back of my mind. I'm not really worried about going late but I hope that she doesn't get stuck on her way out like her brother did. I'm not really worried about being transferred to a hospital either, unless it means that I have to have a C/S.

December 5th, 2008, 09:23 AM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm afraid of having a c section. I'm not afraid at all of a neccesarry c section, but I'm afraid that the doctor's will manipulate me with fear to do an unnecessary one. I want to have a large family and number one with a section isn't the best way to start.
December 5th, 2008, 10:04 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, right now (not being pregnant) I'm not too fearful of anything. I'm sure that will change when I'm pregnant and the time is close. But for now I don't really have fears about labor, about the length of labor (I'd almost prefer long and building than fast and intense immediately), about tearing (with a waterbirth and counter pressure I don't fear a bad tear), about not being able to do it (I'm FAR too stubborn), of being transferred to the hopsital for a c-section (I would only allow it if absolutely necessary and if that's the case I might be disappionted a bit but not upset if it was out of anyone's control).

I know I'm weird in thinking that there is just no way it's not going to happen. I'm sure it won't happen according to my perfect dream, but I believe wholeheartedly it will happen. I guess I fear that it will be tougher and take more of me to make it happen, but I know when it comes down to it I'll muster up what I need.

Now girls, I'll need you all to remind me of this silly confidence when I lose it at some point, because I'm sure there will be a time I will.
December 5th, 2008, 10:41 AM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
^ That is the exact same way I thought w/ my first. There was NO WAY my NCB wasn't going to happen, no exceptions. I think I was a little naive thinking that nothing could ever go wrong, but alas, everything turned out perfectly and I got the NCB that I always pictured. : )

My biggest fear this time around is needing any type of medical interventions or just not being strong enough to go through it all again.
December 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
My biggest fear is freaking out about the pain. I have been having a ton of BH contractions, some of them a bit painful, and I use them to practice but I know it's nothing like the real thing! The thought I keep in my head is that in both of my NCB cases, it was the point that I would rather have been run over by a truck then continue laboring that I was ready to push and meet my babies. So I guess, in a way, I'm looking forward to the point that I can't take it anymore because that means it's almost over!!

I felt the same way as you going from 1 to 2. It's really not to bad. I have girls who are 20 months apart and they are the best of friends!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

December 5th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My biggest fears right now are that I won't go into labor on my own and end up needing to be induced. I'm also afraid of all of the unknowns. I hate not knowing if things will go smoothly or if a complication could arise.

Expecting baby #4!

December 5th, 2008, 04:15 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Scared of needing to be induced and needing a c-section. I'm worried that I'll be to tired and end up giving in, which I really hope not. i'm absolutely scared of an epidural - I'm more open to other drugs if I have to but I really do not want an epidural. =(

December 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
having a c-section...
December 5th, 2008, 04:59 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Alright ladies, bear with me here. I have a million fears, but like I've said before.....I usually only see worst case scenarios at work. Maybe listing them all will actually help me dispel some of the fear; ya know- acknowledging them and all that stuff.

Dying, amniotic fluid embolism, uterine atony leading to hysterectomy, Stat C-section with anesthesia awareness, shoulder dystocia with hypoxic baby.

More realistically- giving into drugs and simply how I'll deal with each pressure wave. The simple issue of it all being the unknown. Pitocin. Being pressured into interventions. Being really mean to my husband.

Okay, enough. None of those are going to be issues, b/c my birthing is going to be beautiful! Can you tell I"m hypnobabies programmed?

Come visit my blog!
December 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm really not scared of the labor or delivery itself. My biggest fear is something going wrong and needing a c-section or something. I'm absolutely determined that I will go into labor on my own (even if it means using every natural induction method) and I'm absolutely determined that I CAN and WILL deliver this baby naturally.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
December 6th, 2008, 05:37 PM
June Cleaver Wannabe
My biggest fears are...

- the possibility of having a C-section
- having unsupportive people around me while I give birth (such as the hospital staff issue I had with my daughter's birth)
- the "after"; having a demanding three year old and a newborn isn't going to be easy!

Besides that I'm pretty optimistic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search