Birthday planning meeting.

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
Last night DH and I went to the Birthday meeting at our birth center. It wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. It was primarily geared towards first time parents. Since this is our 4th and I already have nursed 3 babies, I didn't get a whole lot out of it. The best part was that they gave me a copy of my chart. They want us all to have a copy in our "hospital bag" to bring to the center. And just in case I don't make it to the center, the MW who meets us at home or the hospital would have the chart.

Anyway, it's been fun to read through it. It has all the details about this pregnancy. My concerns, questions, how I was feeling how baby has been doing. I'm making a copy to keep for myself. It's like a ready made journal!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

December 5th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
that's pretty cool getting your chart. I know what you mean about going to a class intended for first timers. It's hard to glean anything pertinent out of it.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 5th, 2008, 10:54 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how cool. Here in New Zealand they have a big book the midwife writes in (everything from questions you have-with the answers, charts for bp, babys heart rate etc, all the birth details, babys details etc). they have carbon copies on it and you keep the book. (i still have the books from Phelix and Noah).

December 6th, 2008, 04:20 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I love when i go to the Birth Center and they hand me my chart every time. I love to look thru it!

Our Birth Center does different classes for first time parents and BTDT parents, i believe.

December 6th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's actually a really neat idea. I love how the midwives hand me my chart at each visit too, I always felt like it was this secretive thing at the OBs office that I couldn't look at.
December 6th, 2008, 07:29 AM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
That kinda stinks about the class, I'm sorry!

Very cool about your chart though. My BC did the same and when I was in labor the MW pretty much wrote down every 15 mins or so what was going on, how I was doing, how I was progressing, everything... it's so cool to look back on since it's basically step by step of my birthing process!
December 6th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
that is so neat, I hope my BC does that! I will have to ask them when I go for my first appointment.

Sorry that the meeting was useless for you. I am acutally concerned about that myself. I am a first time natrual momma, but I don't really want to sit through a breastfeeding support class. I nursed for 22 months and 2days I think I got it down! lol

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

December 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
That's so cool that you got a copy of your chart! I really hope I get a copy of mine too. I love looking at mine at each appointment like that. It's so nice to have that kind of open and trusting relationship.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 8th, 2008, 08:00 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
well, too bad it wasn't more fun but at least you have yourself "in" at the center!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search