Where will you deliver?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Where will you be giving birth to your baby at? Are you planning a home birth, hospital birth, birth center birth? Other? Why did you choose this?

We are planning on having this baby in a birth center!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 7th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
I'm having her at Mease Countryside Hospital, I choose that bcuz I liked the maternity ward.
December 7th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
the next baby (if we get pg) will be a homebirth. In my situation I don't see any difference between a homebirth and a birth center, and I will not plan a hospital birth.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 7th, 2008, 08:35 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
birth center!!

December 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We'll have our baby at home, maybe in our backyard if it is daytime. I chose that b/c it is where I'm happiest and most comfortable. I don't want to do anything- no traveling or car trips- so that is why I like home better then the center.

December 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
In a birth center at the hospital - it's off the maternity ward and they have labor tubs and supposedly respect natural deliveries, we'll see! I chose this b/c there are no birth centers in my area.
December 7th, 2008, 12:08 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to love the birth center that we are touring at so I've already started to tell people that I'm going to be birthing at a birth center. I am going to be doing preparations and research for the differences between the hospital and the BC so I know what to expect although I'm sure that the MW's will make sure that I'm fully prepared for everything before I go into labor!

December 7th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having baby in a hospital with a midwife. Our local hospitals labor and maternity ward is run by midwives so I am happy to go there.
December 7th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I chose a birth center because of it's environment. I feel it's much easier to have a natural birth when you have the right environment.

Expecting baby #4!

December 7th, 2008, 03:19 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
We are planning for the Birth Center. I picked this because I can't stand the way hospitals treat babies!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

December 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Error_kitten's Avatar Regular
Homebirth with an awesome midwife!
December 7th, 2008, 09:59 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Home water birth. I was undecided for a long time, but I am pretty sure at this point. MW attended.

December 7th, 2008, 10:42 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably the hospital again (Phelix was at a birth center and Noah a hospital -so glad I did as we had complications during the delivery-birthed-shoulders got stuck!) only because of what happened with Noah -just incase it happens again- I want a pedi to check baby straight away!

December 8th, 2008, 10:29 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really hope to have a home birth. DH is starting to come around to the idea but is still very hesitant. My friend Kathy is planning a homebirth in 6 weeks. She's the first of our friends to do so. I really hope it all goes well as I'm sure it will help DH to see it as a more viable option. Otherwise we'd got to the only small BC they have in SF.
December 8th, 2008, 11:19 AM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be delivering in a hospital. Since it's my first both me and my husband are going to take the risk of a hospital delivery that way in case for some reason my body goes nuts, we'll have a good NICU and everything all right there. I'll be delivering with a midwife though...so that will help.

Later on we would like to do a midwife assisted home birth. My husband was totally against this when we first got pregnant but then I made him read the "Thinking woman's guide to birth" (I promised him it was the only book I was going to ask him to read for the whole pregnancy, and I only made him read highlighted portions) and he's like a totally different person with birth...and supportive of doing a home birth if we can.
December 8th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I want to deliver at a birth center. I don't care much for hospitals and all the interventions. DF also doesn't do well with the hospital environment and I'm worried that if I deliver in a hospital he'll spend the entire time passed out on the floor. (I'm still not entirely sure that wont happen during at least part of the birth even in a birth center!)

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search