Brittany_26

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
How are you? You should be having your LO any day now. How exciting!!! Are you having any contractions or signs that it's near? I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear your baby is here or that you are in labor!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 7th, 2008, 01:09 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
Me too! I can't wait to hear!!

December 7th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She's been posting on the DDC, I really hope she goes soon!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

December 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Brittnic's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I am still pregnant. I will be 41 weeks tomorrow and I have an appointment with my midwife. I really haven't had any contractions today, but I did get a great nights sleep last night. I'm not completely miserable in a physical way- just an emotional one. I have to make a sonogram appointment to check my fluid levels again and I fear it will be an induction sentence. I really want to avoid induction but at the same time if it is low- truly low (below a 5) I will want him to be safe. My mother keeps calling me everyday and she is really bringing me down saying that she doesn't think I can handle the pain and the baby will be too big. She tells me to eat lightly because I am getting too big- how insulting is that. I feel like my body is defective, and I feel very beaten down. If I have to be induced all the money paid into the birth center is non-refundable and insurance is screwing me over already. I want to be excited about his birth but now I don't feel like I am having a baby anymore. My joy has been stolen right out from under me.

December 7th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy

You can still have a successful NCB even with an induction. I'm sure it's a little harder, but just put your mind to it, and you can do it! I'm convinced that everything will go smoothly for you, one way or another.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

December 7th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
remember that on average first time moms will deliver at 41w1d or so (not counting inductions). I know it feels like your body isn't doing what it's supposed to or that you're somehow "failing" but that's not true!

Hang in there you're almost done!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Awww, hun! You CAN do this! Your body is not defective!! Even if you end up having to be induced you can still achieve the NCB that you want. It won't be exactly as you had wanted it to be but that's ok. I had pitocin with Bryson, even though I wasn't sure I needed it, and I was still able to have him naturally. It wasn't fun but I didn't have anything to compare it to so I think that made it a bit easier. We are here for you. Good luck at your ultrasound. And don't listen to your mother at all! You are not getting too big! You are still VERY much in the normal range it's just that most people nowadays just get induced on the day they hit 40 weeks.

*HUGS*

December 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm so sorry.

Maybe talking to your mother and worrying about the money aren't such good things for you. Just try to relax, destress and trust in yourself. Your bady CAN do this- YOU can do this!

December 7th, 2008, 08:27 PM
littlebabydolly
I'm so sorry your mother is making you feel bad. You really should write her a long email to tell her that she is hurting your feeling. That is what I have to do to put my mom in line sometimes!

Honestly, overdue one week might seem big but in the skeme of things it's not. A baby isn't going to go gain 1-2 pounds with just a week or two more gestation. If they do, so be it? I've heard lots of easy birth stories from 8-9 pound babies. No matter what our babies weight, we will just LOVE them when they arrive. I get thoughts in my head about eating light too but I'm sure the best thing to do is keeping ourselves nourished and healthy. I think the guilt and stress is worse than the extra time to bake.

I realized today I think what makes it the worst is other peoples expectations. I'm not answering the phone, responding to peoples silly IM or comments on my flickr. I'm just going to try to carry on like normal best I can. I know how depressing it can be and I cried few times the last two days too. Hang in there! We are here for you. Isn't it great to have other NCB moms remind us that 41.1 is the average for first time moms, not 40?

I wish you didn't have to have the pressure of induction over your head! I read today in the Hypnobirthing book that sometimes augmentation is need and there are different levels of how much pictocin they give you. Maybe a small dose would be all that is needed? Then I hear they can turn it off and let your body take over from there. I'm no expert but I'd ask some questions like that to give yourself some relief and less guilt over having to go that route.

*hugs*
December 7th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Brittnic's Avatar Super Mommy
You ladies always make me feel better. I feel like such a baby right now- whining about all my troubles. I've been watching natural birth videos on youtube and they are giving me some of my lost inspiration back. I'm not going to take calls from my Mom anymore until the baby is here. I'm so glad I have you all to cheer me on.

December 8th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope bub decideds to make his way into the world soon for you Brittany!
December 8th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Good for you Brittany! Do what you need to do to keep your head up because I truly believe in you. Just believe in yourself! I'd also like to add that Bryson was 9 lbs 10 oz and still born naturally with pitocin and lying in the hospital bed pushing for 3 hours. So it really CAN be done!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search