progesterone

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2008, 11:29 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
I'll be posting this on a few different boards, hopefully generating some more answers or ideas. And this isn't a "birth" topic, but i thought my natural mommies might know about this...

I feel MUCH more normal when i have AF. is that wierd? During AF, it's said you should be bloated, cranky, tired, hungrier...just all around blah. Well, I'm the opposite. I lose weight right before AF shows, a good 3 pounds usually! And once it's here, I'm calmer, clearer, i have a normal hunger instead of a ravenous hunger like usual, i feel thinner and my skin looks better, i feel way prettier and all around healthier physically and mentally. The weight slowly comes back as AF comes and ends, so i never actually lose the weight, but it's nice to see it happen lol

I was told by a masseuse recently that when we have our our menstrual cycle, the progesterone is rises and that women who have higher than normal estrogen levels will be better balanced hormonally when this happens. This could possibly explain why i feel amazing during pregnancy and look much healthier, again when progesterone is high.

Does anyone know about this stuff? Is this at all possible? Should i look into progesterone cream and can it effect my breastmilk?

TIA to anyone who knows anything or has suggestions.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
December 8th, 2008, 09:08 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I never feel great on my period but I'm jealous that you do!

I have a book on yoga and the menstrual cycle that is pretty interesting. Of course it's about yoga but it talks a lot about what our bodies do throughout our cycle and things we can physically do to help ourselves feel better during the different parts of our cycles. Might be worth checking out of the library to read.
December 9th, 2008, 11:24 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
What's the name of it? I love yoga anyway!
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
December 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
click me

I bought a copy used for cheap!
December 9th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Quote:
I'll be posting this on a few different boards, hopefully generating some more answers or ideas. And this isn't a "birth" topic, but i thought my natural mommies might know about this...

I feel MUCH more normal when i have AF. is that wierd? During AF, it's said you should be bloated, cranky, tired, hungrier...just all around blah. Well, I'm the opposite. I lose weight right before AF shows, a good 3 pounds usually! And once it's here, I'm calmer, clearer, i have a normal hunger instead of a ravenous hunger like usual, i feel thinner and my skin looks better, i feel way prettier and all around healthier physically and mentally. The weight slowly comes back as AF comes and ends, so i never actually lose the weight, but it's nice to see it happen lol

I was told by a masseuse recently that when we have our our menstrual cycle, the progesterone is rises and that women who have higher than normal estrogen levels will be better balanced hormonally when this happens. This could possibly explain why i feel amazing during pregnancy and look much healthier, again when progesterone is high.

Does anyone know about this stuff? Is this at all possible? Should i look into progesterone cream and can it effect my breastmilk?

TIA to anyone who knows anything or has suggestions.[/b]
Before I had Alissa I felt just fine during AF and wondered why people had PMS, when I was younger. Since I had her it has changed! But I don't know why?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search