A Delayed Thanksgiving

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2008, 01:05 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Something I should have posted weeks ago.....

At Thankgiving we did a round table to share what we were most thankful for this year. Besides my husband and figuring out my life path to become a doula, I am most grateful for the incredible women that have come into my life this year. I have always had a very, very small circle of girlfriends. After breaking away from my family and religion, I became comfortable at being a loner. Many times even preferring it. Yet I always envied those Sex in the City like girls who had friends as close as sisters.

So I was blown away to meet so many very incredible women this year. To no surprise, it's because of NCB that a deep bond was sparked. With these women I feel like I do with my husband, like I can be and am completely myself and with someone who I truly respect, trust, and admire. I know these qualities are hard to find in a life partner these days so I am most grateful to have found it girlfriends as well. And like with DH, our connections are simply undeniable.

So for those women who are on this board and even those that are not, thank you, thank you, thank you for your sincere friendship, for your encouragement & support in TTC, for bolstering me up to follow my dreams and passions, for inspiring me, for teaching me, and for making me believe again in the extraordinary goodness that still exists in our world! I love you all and I am so blessed to know you and be loved by you!

And to all those on this Board whom I have only gotten to know in brief and in cyberspace, I am continually encouraged and touched when I hear of your experiences, read of how you are learning, and most definitely when you share your birth experience (whether it was NCB or not). Thank you for sharing yourself with me.
December 11th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I cannot tell you how happy I am that you came to JM and that you found us in the NCB board. It's so wonderful when things in your life finally make sense and you feel like you have a purpose. You are going to be an amazing doula and and even more amazing mother. I can't even express all I am feeling for you right now so I'm going to have to come back to this but I want you to know that I love you and I am so glad to have you in my life. *HUGS*

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 11th, 2008, 08:11 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
feeling the love!! You have so much of it Shauna. We are all lucky to know you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search