Kegels

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2008, 11:38 AM
~Jackie
I forget to do my kegels, but I really need to, my muscles are very lose down there. When I think of kegels I do a few real quick and sometimes go in short spurts of remembering to do them throughout the day so I'll do a few real quick, but are they even effective if I'm not sitting there doing 100 straight in a row?
December 15th, 2008, 11:59 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
like all muscles exercises, I assume doing as many in a row as you can would be most effective. However, this is coming from someone who really hates doing them myself....I didn't get into them until the very end.
December 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I've been trying to remind myself to do these more often but like you I've been doing them when I remember to and not much more than that. I am never certain I am doing them right anyway. I'm worried I'm going to be peeing all over myself by the time I get into the third trimester so I really need to amp it up.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I have been told the best way to do it is is to tighten them for 5 seconds relax and then do it again, until you are tired.

I also have a hard time remembering to do them though. lol I am right now though

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

December 15th, 2008, 01:32 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a good tip for remembering is to print out address label stickers and put them everywhere you have a minute. My favorite places are the bathroom mirror, your stearing wheel, and on your remote control.

December 15th, 2008, 02:45 PM
~Jackie
Quote:
a good tip for remembering is to print out address label stickers and put them everywhere you have a minute. My favorite places are the bathroom mirror, your stearing wheel, and on your remote control.[/b]
Great idea ty!!
December 15th, 2008, 03:03 PM
MamaBx3
Quote:
a good tip for remembering is to print out address label stickers and put them everywhere you have a minute. My favorite places are the bathroom mirror, your stearing wheel, and on your remote control.[/b]
December 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I was doing Shiva Rea's prenatal yoga for the first time today and you do like 5 minutes of kegels

December 15th, 2008, 06:07 PM
LadyLuck's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyLuck
Ugh, I NEVER remember to do those!
December 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
~Jackie
Quote:
Ugh, I NEVER remember to do those![/b]
I always forget, but I'm getting very concerned about how loose things are down there......I don't even know how to describe it other than it feels like things are falling. LOL!
December 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
ok, so today at the gym I had a session with a personal trainer, and he made me do jumprope at the end. Well, looks like I better get back on the kegels, cause I totally leaked A LOT. Luckily my pants were black. All I could do was keep going, what was I supposed to say?

December 17th, 2008, 01:43 PM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I forget to do my kegels, but I really need to, my muscles are very lose down there. When I think of kegels I do a few real quick and sometimes go in short spurts of remembering to do them throughout the day so I'll do a few real quick, but are they even effective if I'm not sitting there doing 100 straight in a row?[/b]

the best way I remember to do them is to do them during traffic lights, and try to hold the one kegal throughout the entire duration of the red light.

I've also heard a suggestion for commercials on tv but I always forget when I'm watching tv.

Anyways...I've been doing that and I haven't had any problems with leaking (unless I'm drunk and laughing hysterically...but somehow leaking a little sobers me up real quick) and obviously I dont' do that anymore.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search