What do you hope you will get for Christmas?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Is there anything in particular that you are hoping you will get this year? I never really have anything too specific in mind but DH always does a great job of surprising me. I am always happy with books. I hope I get more of those!

December 16th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There's only one thing in the world that I wanted for Christmas and I already got it (my BFP)! Aside from that I'm sure DF will get me some sort of jewelry (usually diamonds or tanzanite), either a new purse or wallet from Coach, and scrapbooking supplies. He's always pretty consistent with the types of gifts because he knows I love those things. He'll find a few other really great things to totally surprise me with as well. He always does!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11), Caleb (8/6/12) and Carson (10/14/14)Expecting #4 February 2017!!!
Life As We Know It
December 16th, 2008, 04:59 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A new camera! Mine is several years old and has been dropped quite a few times and is literally on its last leg.It has done a good job and I really liked it for a long time till it started acting up recently, so maybe another Canon?
I take sooooooooooo many pics of my children and really need something that will take a better quality picture since I send them to family spread all around the U.S. I know DH knows this is what I really wanted so we'll see what I get under the tree!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

December 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
a new camera but i know im getting it
December 16th, 2008, 07:10 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I don't think I'm getting anything really. A few cookbooks. John never buys gifts, we usually will just choose what we want ourselves but this year we are not doing anything b/c we are going to Hawaii in January.

I know my MIL is getting a 6 pack of bumgenius, not exactly for me, but sort of.
December 16th, 2008, 07:36 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
A Baby!!

Although a Christmas birthday would be tough on the kid. At this point, it's hard to care what day he makes his appearance as long as it's soon!!

Other than that, I'd like a sewing machine. I don't think I'll get it though. With the baby due so soon, and all the expenses this month (crib, birth assistant, etc.) Christmas is going to be done on the cheap!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

December 16th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
heat!!

I think my mom may be getting me an embroidery machine though, which is really cool!
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
December 16th, 2008, 09:41 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I think what Kelli really wants is a winning lottery ticket!

I don't know if I am getting anything, and I don't really care. I asked for a Wii with the Fit package, but I think DH is having issues finding a Wii. So we'll see. I might get a new (to us) fridge. The one we have now is still avocado green.

December 17th, 2008, 12:46 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A silver reflector, new wallet or the mamma mia dvd

December 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want a close date for my house so I can more in already!!!!!!

December 17th, 2008, 10:38 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are things I need or want, like a new purse, blowdryer, black hat, some make-up products. But all of these things I need to get myself. I don't like when people ask what I want (to use to buy me something) because I feel like if they don't know you well enough to know what you might want or think on their own what gift would fit you perfectly, then they shouldn't bother buying you something at all.

The very 1st Xmas I celebrated I got my then boyfriend (the one whose GF is pregnant and we're now friends) some great gifts. He's a surfer and talked about these surfer crossing signs they have in his hometown in San Diego. I called everywhere (every city municipality and gift shop) until I finally found one. And once he mentioned how gatorade used to make gum but he couldn't find it anymore. So I emailed every gum manufacturer I could find. I couldn't find the gatorade gun but I got free samples of something similar . When I explained why he got gum as a present he was blown away. His family were amazed too and since they knew I had never celebrated Xmas before, asked how I knoew how to give gifts. WHAT?!! Because I listen, because I care, because it means something to me!

This year I got DH a black velvet blazer he mentioned months ago in passing that he would love to have. I gave it to him early last week so he could wear it to all of the upcoming holiday parties. He loves it! And he was so blown away that I remembered.

I want gifts like this. Things that I may have mentioned I wanted, like last year DH got me a great new dustbuster that I desperately wanted. Or just something you see and it has me written all over it. I can't tell you the specifics of what those things are. It depends on the person giving the gift and how well they know me. If they give something totally from the heart, then I will love it with all of my heart.
December 17th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Quote:
I think what Kelli really wants is a winning lottery ticket! [/b]
hahaha, that WOULD be nice! Too bad you have to actually PLAY the lottery to win! Seriously, they should just draw SSNs!
Courtney, Nola, Kya, Whitney, and baby girl #5 coming soon!
December 17th, 2008, 11:16 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Shauna, people like you are amazing. I tend to be like that sometimes myself. I get blown away when I hear of a man who remembers something their wife or GF mentioned they loved or wanted and get it for them. WOW.

John is just totally terrible about gifts. He also sucks at getting them. I think I've only given him one gift he actually used, which was a money clip/wallet for Father's day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search