How often do you go out?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
How often do you go out to dinner or just get out of the house as a couple?

DH and I are very much homebodies so I'd say once every few months we go out for just the two of us. Plus, Bryson sleeps all night so we have the nights to ourselves once he is in bed, which is usually 7:30 at the absolute latest.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
never DH hates to eat out

December 17th, 2008, 08:37 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maybe once a month? We're too broke to eat out, lol.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

December 17th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Christina(mommyof2)'s Avatar Army Wife
barely
December 17th, 2008, 10:11 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
We get out once a month or so usually but lately we've been so broke that it hasn't been happening as often.

December 17th, 2008, 10:21 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we go out pretty often. It cheers us up and we have a really good time. We're good bout going out on a budget (mostly).

December 17th, 2008, 10:37 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Since we have no kids yet we've got a lot more freedom to go out. We don't do the nice dinners regularly anymore. Sometimes we'll just go grab a burrito and bring it home. Or last week we went to our favortie burger joint and shared a burger, curly fries and chocolate milkshake. I told Dh many months ago that I needed to go out more often because I needed the opportunity to dress up and feel good about myself. I get to dress very casual for work and we're past clubbing, so a nice dinner once a month would be nice. But we live in SF so it's almost impossible not to spend at least $60 on dinner for 2 people. But at least the food is really good!
December 17th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
as a couple? ha 3 times since Nichole was born 3 years ago

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

December 17th, 2008, 12:09 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
we used to eat out so much, we love it. especially sushi. We still went out a bunch when Cadie was really young. We have been eating home much much more since we moved. Mostly because it seems so dumb to spend all that extra money. Not to mention in reality eating out is rather unhealthy, there are tons of calories, you have no idea the actual quality of the ingredients, etc. Being the control freak I am about food you would think I would never ever want to eat out. Especially after reading kitchen confidential and watching that Gordon Ramsey show on Thursdays. yikes!
December 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We go out as a family maybe once a week or every other week. We rarely go out as a couple, it's been probably 3-4 months.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

December 17th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You mean there are places outside of my home besides walmart???

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
December 17th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Way way way too much! DF and I probably go out for a nice dinner three times a week. I don't really like cooking and DF works a lot. Now that I'm pregnant I REALLY don't like cooking. I'm way too tired to do it so we eat out a lot. We are pretty good about eating healthy, but that's also usually quite expensive. We keep saying we want to cut down on what we spend eating out but it just never happens.

Shauna - SF has the best burritos I have EVER had. I absolutely love them and have to get one every time I go. There are so many great places in the SF Bay area that I love to eat at! I'm so jealous that you live there. I considered moving there a few years ago, but it's just way out of my budget. For now I'll stick to visiting!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
December 18th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Jennifer, SF does have a TON a great places to eat, and our Mexican food, especially in the Mission district, rivals the best of San Diego and Mexico. I actually have a list of restaurants I want to try because there is just no way you could ever eat at all of SF's restaurants. New ones or always popping up, usually overtaking something else. And I just love that we have every cuisine imaginable...from Ethiopian to Moroccan, from Indian to Cuban, from Brazilian to every asian cuisine out there. It's awesome!

My biggest dream though is to one day eat at the French Laundry, long known as one of THE best restaurants in the entire world, usually in the top three if not 1st. The chef's tasting menu (or vegetarian - the only way you can eat) is $240 per person. So it's obviously a very special occasion place. I believe eating there is a 3-4 hour affair. I'm actually planning on taking Stefan there for his 40th birthday in 2010. It can't get here fast enough!
December 18th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I have to agree about SF's food. We went there a few years ago and OMG every single place we ate was to die for. It was amazing. It was so mean to go back home to NC where very little food at all is that tasty and even if it was you had to spend way too much money to eat there because everywhere else stunk. I so want to go back to SF.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 18th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Quote:
I so want to go back to SF.[/b]
No one wants you to come more than me! Next year sometime right?! I'll fill you with any tastey food you want, if that's what it will take to get you out here. :-)
December 18th, 2008, 01:04 PM
MamaBx3
We usually go out 3-5 times a month .. My parents always watch the girls for us. Not sure how much we'll be able to get out now.. especially since Im breastfeeding.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search