3 days overdue - docs appt tomorrow

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2008, 11:31 PM
LindensMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I'm 3 days overdue now. Part of me gets really upset that I haven't gone into labor yet and I get worried that maybe my body can't go into labor on its own and I will need medical induction. Theres so many girls in my DDC who are getting induced for having "big babies" when their babies are only like 7 or 8 lbs. That doesn't seem like a big baby to me. I've been having contractions and early labor like a month now, but my body isn't progressing anywhere. I've had a huge increase in discharge but no mucus plug. I have a constant back ache. My doctor says he will strip my membranes tomorrow, maybe that will help? I really really want to avoid pitocin. I know labor is going to be tough, but from what I've read about pitocin - I don't want those contractions!

Hopefully my body goes into labor before they will induce me. Thankfully my doctor won't induce until 41 weeks, so I still have time!!

December 22nd, 2008, 06:54 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
hang in there, it's always really tough at the end, but remember, due dates are just rough estimates. Are you doing things that are supposed to help labor along naturally? Walking, climbing stairs, nipple stimulation, sex, more walking, eating pineapple, having a glass of wine. Acupuncture does wonders (but you need someone who is trained specifically for starting labor I believe) and reflexology can too.

Also, there is this eggplant parm recipe that has a legend of starting labor, if the time is right (not just in the middle of pregnancy or anything) click here.

I am sure I am leaving something out, I always do. Just try to stay positive. And make sure to get in as much sleep as you can (between all the walking, sex, etc) especially day naps. I was on little to no sleep when my labor started at 7:00 pm, and I didn't get any sleep for almost 2 days afterward.

I'm sure others will have more great words of wisdom and encouragement for you!!

December 22nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
be patient! The average first time mom goes into spontanious labor at 41w1d. Your baby just isn't ready to be born yet. The contractions you are having aren't early labor- they're pre-labor (BH). THey aren't really supposed to make your cervix dilate.

All the things Cheryl33 said could help as well.

December 22nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 4 kids now, and my first 2 were on time, (I know that isnt what you want to hear lol, but wait), and my third was 12 days overdue and I know that he needed to be there that long!!!!! I was miserable sure, but I know it was good for him and he stayed there that long for a reason! He was my first home water birth, and he was my smallest baby even though he was overdue and that is how I know he needed to be there longer.

Just be patient, your baby will come!

December 22nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Be strong, and don't let your doctor talk you into inducing!! Trust your body, trust your baby. Everything will happen when it should.
December 22nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
Thanx girls! I'm not allowed to have sex because I wasn't sure if I was leaking or not (it's been a few weeks now) the test came back inconclusive so he just told me to avoid having sex. My back and hips have been hurting so much that I haven't even tried to bring on labor, I feel lazy and just want it to come on its own lol. But I have been walking up and down the stairs in my apartment (m to 4th) floor a couple times every day.

My first ultrasound showed the baby was to be born tomorrow so maybe I'm not even overdue yet?

December 22nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
probably not then, I had an interesting due date with number 2, it was October 27-November 2nd!! LOL so you could choose I guess, she was born on October 31st.

December 22nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
lol awesome due date!

December 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was 12 days "overdue" with my daughter, and tried tons of acupuncture, sex, EPO, eggplant recipes, pineapple, every thing I read about, I tried, and despite all that, it didn't happen until she was ready. Everyone doubted that I would go into labor on my own, but I knew that wasn't right because it didn't make sense that my body would know what to do for 10 months in growing the baby only to miss that one final step.

I'm not saying not to do that stuff, because it won't hurt (as long as you are not advised against it like the sex) but in case it doesn't work I'm saying don't get discouraged. My cervix was closed up really tight until I went into labor, but once I did everything progressed fine. From my experience, if I were you I'd pay more attention to the stuff on spinning babies rather than getting labor started. I ended up having an emergency c-section because my daughter got locked into a funny position.

I think the last days of pregnancy are harder than the preceding 10 months. Hang in there, you will be there soon!

December 22nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was over due with both of mine. My second was induced with Pitocin and I still did a natural birth. Honestly the pain was the same either way I think having a NCB has more to do with state of mind than anything. Pitocin really wasn't all that bad for me. Just wanted to let you know.... it isn't always bad.

Good luck hon I hope you go into labor soon. ELV's coming your way!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

December 22nd, 2008, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say good luck! The girls are giving you great advice, and I'm sure that its frustrating, but hang in there and believe in your body. It's just an estimated due date and so few babies are actually born on their due date. Don't let your doctor talk you in to an induction unless there is some medical reason for it!

You can do it!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
December 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
Quote:
Be strong, and don't let your doctor talk you into inducing!! Trust your body, trust your baby. Everything will happen when it should. [/b]

As long as you and baby are doing well, hand in there!! Your body does know what to do and you will have your baby in your arms soon! Then you can remind me of my own words in 2 weeks when I am going nuts wondering where my baby is!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

December 23rd, 2008, 06:51 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Hang in there hun! I know it's so hard in these last weeks/days but it will be over soon and you will be so glad you waited. I agree with all the other advice given and would not for the life of me let them induce you unless there was an actual medical necessity. Don't take the threats of your baby may be injured either. I don't know if your OB would say that but many do once you hit 41 weeks. Your body will go into labor soon and you'll be holding your LO before you know it. *HUGS*

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 23rd, 2008, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Anything yet?? I know yu will be in labor any time now!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
December 23rd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Thanx girls! Still nothing. I keep having pains in my crotch - maybe it's her getting more into position or me dilating?? I'm not sure. hip pains, some contractions but they don't become consistent, horrible back pain... Just no baby!! =( I'm going to the doc's in a couple hours, he's going to try to strip my membranes. I keep reading it doesn't really do anything, but I'll try it. I guess the worst that can happen is that I keep going through all these pains with going no where right??

I'll probably have a christmas day baby! I feel like it's closer, I'm just not sure when!

December 23rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
I hope it works! I had it done with my 2nd and had her 2 days later. Hopefully, you'll have your little one in your arms soon!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search