Starting to get scared...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2008, 12:38 PM
amcghee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 10 weeks left - and now I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to get through NCB. I start my birthing class in January and I know that will help, I have my doula all lined up and four good NCB books to read between now and then...but all of a sudden I'm just getting scared, I guess. I couldn't do it with Ava (granted, I wasn't prepared mentally or emotionally, but that's another story). I just hope these feelings don't intensify over the next two months!!!

December 22nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Oh geez, I'm going to be scared/worried that I won't be able to do it the entire time. I think it's normal to have some degree of self doubt. Just keep trying to remind yourself that there are women out there supporting you and believing in your abilities to have a NCB! You can do this mama!

Come visit my blog!
December 22nd, 2008, 07:28 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It does happen to all of us! The main thing is to remember that after it you will be holding your baby in your arms!

December 22nd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You can do it! I'm sure that as I get closer I will have my doubts too. Just try to remember than women have been doing this for hundreds of years. I'm sure that you will be much more prepared than last time and will have a great support system!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
December 22nd, 2008, 08:14 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
I think it's normal to freak out a little in the 3rd trimester. With every pregnancy, somewhere around 7 months it occurs to me that there is only one way out and I get scared. I felt that way with this one until about a week ago. Now that it's getting really close, I'm getting really uncomfortable and would go through whatever it takes to birth this baby! I was worried that I was going to psych myself out of having a NCB. I have spent a lot of time addressing my fears. Just mentally going through my ideal birth. I know it won't be a perfect birth but replacing my fears with a positive image has really helped. Allowing myself to panic a little and know that it doesn't mean I can't do it. I know I can, I've done it and I didn't think I could then. Making sure that I trust the people who will be present at my birth. Talking with my husband about what I need from him. All of it makes me feel more confident. I also was putting pressure on myself to not freak out during labor. I've done it the last 2 times. I hate that out of control feeling! my birth assistant really helped me through that. I may still have that moment but it's really not relevant to the outcome. The goal is an unmedicated birth for the best start for my baby. I would love to be on of those women who just takes it all in stride and never makes a sound and relaxes perfectly though each contraction. I may be but probably not, I do know that the people that will be with me are the people who can bring me back to that point for the next contraction if I lose it a little.

Read, practice and trust your body! You can do it!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

December 23rd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
You can do it girl! Just keep reminding yourself that this is the best thing you could do for your baby and no matter how intense it gets in the moment, it won't last forever. You are going to be fine. I can't wait to hear that you've gone into labor and then read your birth story. You will do great!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

December 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was scared too, right up to when I was in the hospital in labor. I think we all have fear going into it, but you will be fine, like you said you have done it before so you can definatley do it again!
December 23rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You'll be great! I think it's normal to have doubts as the time approaches, and the more time you have to think about it, the worse it gets. I think I doubted myself even while I was in labor, but I knew that this was what I truely wanted. Go into it with the mindset that you will do it, and everything will go smoothly.

Expecting baby #4!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search