what's on the menu?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2008, 11:13 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
So, what's on the menu for the holidays, either at your house or where you are celebrating? *

tonight we are having chicken echiladas- not very christmas-y at all, but I make some mean ones!! It's a major favorite.

tomorrow we will be having John's parents and brother here to celebrate Cadie's first christmas and our first year in our new home.

shrimp cocktail
spinach, pear and gorgonzola salad
beef wellington
butternut squash canneloni
brussels sprouts
honey glazed carrots

then I think my MIL is bringing a sour cherry pie or something yummy like that

I'm totally obsessed with food so let me know what you're having so it feels like I'm eating more without the calories!!!

right now I'm making almond shortbread cookies- for the first time- I hope they are as yummy as they sound!! This is my first year making cookies. The other day I make lemon poppyseed and they were so good!

good thing I'm hitting the gym so much, eh?

December 24th, 2008, 01:44 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Too bad holiday calories still count! Good for you going to the gym! On Christmas Eve DH and I do just us (and Tanith, of course!) adn we will be having Turkey, gravy, mashed red potatoes, and sauteed asparagus. For dessert a chocolate dubache torte. Tomorrow is extended family stuff, so at my mom's we do a big brunch with all the fixings, eggs, sausage, bacon, monkey bread, toast and english muffins, waffles and abelskeebers (I don't actually know how to spell it, but they are the "new" round pancake things. My mom has had a pan and made them for years). Yum!

December 24th, 2008, 02:40 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Tonight we are having Mac & Cheese (homemade and very fattening) and DH is having a steak as well. Tomorrow night we are having dinner with my family and going to an upscale Chinese restaurant that my grandfather frequents often.

December 24th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
my BIL and I are in charge of cooking. we're making turkey, mashed potatoes, homemade mac 'n cheese with shallots and bacon, brussel sprouts, stuffing from scratch, pecan pie from scratch, fudge, and rice!

i already made over 800 christmas cookies and gave most of them away. i made 20 different kinds of cookies. i love holiday baking!

December 24th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tonight my mom got here. We went out for dinner at a really good Japanese Steakhouse. Tomorrow we will be at my DF's dad's house. We will have a huge feast that's buffet style because so many people will be there. They always serve home made mac and cheese, ribs, pork chops, chicken wings, ham, turkey, beef empanadas, mashed potatoes, red beans and rice, shrimp, deli meat with rolls, etc., fried chicken, fried plantains, spinach, ambrosia salad, rolls, green bean casserole, corn, rum cake, cheesecake, and pecan pie! I'm sure there are more things I'm forgetting!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
December 25th, 2008, 07:53 AM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Quote:
Tonight my mom got here. We went out for dinner at a really good Japanese Steakhouse. Tomorrow we will be at my DF's dad's house. We will have a huge feast that's buffet style because so many people will be there. They always serve home made mac and cheese, ribs, pork chops, chicken wings, ham, turkey, beef empanadas, mashed potatoes, red beans and rice, shrimp, deli meat with rolls, etc., fried chicken, fried plantains, spinach, ambrosia salad, rolls, green bean casserole, corn, rum cake, cheesecake, and pecan pie! I'm sure there are more things I'm forgetting![/b]
Better watch out or you'll gain all your pregnancy weight tomorrow just looking at that table! Sounds yummy!

December 25th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Better watch out or you'll gain all your pregnancy weight tomorrow just looking at that table! Sounds yummy![/b]
No kidding! I'm glad that I haven't really had any morning sickness. In fact, I've had the opposite and have been eating everything in sight! Luckily I haven't gained more than a pound...YET!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
December 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
December 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Christmas Eve we had pork chops, stuffing and a mixed vegetable. Christmas Day dinner was at my parent's house, and she made ham, cheesy potatos, green bean casserole, 4 bean salad, applesauce and rolls. For dessert, everyone made some goodies, so we had fudge, popcorn cake, cookies, magic cookie bars, etc.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search