Had my first M/W appt yesterday

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2008, 10:42 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I love it. The midwife who was doing my appointment was a sweetheart! I love her. She is one of three midwives who could be attending my birth. She was great and very easy going. She said that the baby is doing great as am I besides being sick

The baby had a heart rate of about 150 and my BP was a little low 88/50 but apparently nothing to worry about. She couldn't feel what the baby's position is, I think that the little stinker was hiding while she is still small enough to!

Well, to summarize, I love this place. I made my next appointment for Jan 26th and after that I start going every two weeks... Ahhh!! This pregnancy is going by too fast now! I can't believe it! DH and Tiffany are coming to my next appointment with me so that they can kinda get a feel for the birth center since they will be the ones there with me for support.

Even though I'm kinda freaking out that now that I am past the halfway point the pregnancy is going really fast I'm also really excited to have my birth now. My SIL who took me to my appointment yesterday said that after being there that she now totally understands why I want to have my birth there.

December 30th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
sounds AWESOME!! I just found out we don't have a birth center here AT ALL anymore Good thing I'm already planning a homebirht.

but congrats on reaching the halfway point, that's awesome.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 30th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks Kelli!! I can't believe how fast the pregnancy seems to have gone all the sudden... it's amazing!

Yay for already planning a homebirth! If we were living in our own place and not with my IL's that's probably what I would be doing to, since the MW's at my BC will come to your home for births too.

December 30th, 2008, 12:54 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
awesome!!!!!!!!!
December 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's awesome! I'm so happy for you, Ashley! I don't think there's a midwife anywhere around here that would even consider a homebirth I get to have my natural birth, but not at home.

I'm very glad you've found the perfect place to have your little girl!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

December 30th, 2008, 02:07 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear it all went well! I can sooooooooooo relate with the feeling of "omg where did the time go!?!?!" Now that the holiday has passed I have so much to do to et ready for the baby! Sounds like you're going to enjoy your midwife and that makes such a big difference.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

December 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
That is great! I, too, love my birth center and the care from the midwives.

December 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Im so glad you like it!!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
December 31st, 2008, 01:18 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad it was great!

December 31st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Ree!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear you enjoyed the birth center and everything ended up working out for you!

I finally had my rescheduled appointment yesterday with Heike (I originally had one the 18th but all that snow kept me from making it there!) and brought DH along for the first time. He was so stunned when he found out I'd be giving birth in the room we had the appointment in. All he kept saying was how nice everything was inside and how it felt a million times better than the hospital. He was also stunned by how many recent babies born were posted at the entrance. (I'm guessing he thought there were only a few a month or something that were born there! )

I think he was a little hesitant when I originally told him I wanted to switch to the birth center, but he completely understands now. Heike changed his perspective about circumcision as well and it motivated him to start doing his own research on it last night, so I was impressed. My appointments just started every two weeks as well, and the time is REALLY starting to fly by now!

Edit: Have you scheduled an U/S yet with the midwives?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
- Jimi Hendrix

December 31st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Glad to hear you enjoyed the birth center and everything ended up working out for you!

I finally had my rescheduled appointment yesterday with Heike (I originally had one the 18th but all that snow kept me from making it there!) and brought DH along for the first time. He was so stunned when he found out I'd be giving birth in the room we had the appointment in. All he kept saying was how nice everything was inside and how it felt a million times better than the hospital. He was also stunned by how many recent babies born were posted at the entrance. (I'm guessing he thought there were only a few a month or something that were born there! )

I think he was a little hesitant when I originally told him I wanted to switch to the birth center, but he completely understands now. Heike changed his perspective about circumcision as well and it motivated him to start doing his own research on it last night, so I was impressed. My appointments just started every two weeks as well, and the time is REALLY starting to fly by now!

Edit: Have you scheduled an U/S yet with the midwives?[/b]
I haven't scheduled a u/s with the midwives yet but I will probably wait until around 30 weeks or so since I just had one at 19 wks so there really isn't any need for it right now. I may not even schedule another unless they want me to. I have the "Glucola" testing the next time that I go in, I am not looking forward to it, and I probably wouldn't be doing it since it's not required by the BC but since my grandmother has Type 2 Diabetes I thought that it would be a good idea and Val agreed with me.

I didn't realize how busy they were either until my appointment and two of the rooms (1 & 3) were being used for births at the time. Hopefully it isn't that busy when I go in... I want to be able to use the room that DH and I decided on when it's time for me to have the baby.

December 31st, 2008, 11:17 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Yay! I am so jealous! It sounds so awesome, and I'm really glad you're loving the midwife. Isn't it amazing how it just fell into place?

Come visit my blog!
December 31st, 2008, 11:36 AM
Ree!'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I haven't scheduled a u/s with the midwives yet but I will probably wait until around 30 weeks or so since I just had one at 19 wks so there really isn't any need for it right now. I may not even schedule another unless they want me to. I have the "Glucola" testing the next time that I go in, I am not looking forward to it, and I probably wouldn't be doing it since it's not required by the BC but since my grandmother has Type 2 Diabetes I thought that it would be a good idea and Val agreed with me.

I didn't realize how busy they were either until my appointment and two of the rooms (1 & 3) were being used for births at the time. Hopefully it isn't that busy when I go in... I want to be able to use the room that DH and I decided on when it's time for me to have the baby.[/b]
At my first consultation all three of the rooms were being used for births! She assured me that it was an incredibly rare coincidence, but I'm also keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to use the room I chose in the beginning.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
- Jimi Hendrix

December 31st, 2008, 01:07 PM
Nikki - I'm so amazed how well things fell into place with this pregnancy! I'm so glad that it did though!

Ree - Hopefully things will quiet down at the BC by the time that our babies are born. I like all the rooms that are there but DH and I really liked the one that we picked out. It is totally something that would be in our dream home!

December 31st, 2008, 08:58 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
That's fantastic!! I'm so glad you are happy with the BC!! Congrats!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

December 31st, 2008, 08:59 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
I am so glad you decided to check the place out and ended up loving it! I am looking forward to seeing it for myself, and am so glad I get to be there to support you *luvs*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search