Update on me :D

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2009, 01:16 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 25 weeks now. Feeling baby all the time! We're in the slope downhill now and I can see the end. Its now 2009 and baby is due 3.5 months from today!!!! So excited!

I ordered my Hypnobabies last week and its going to be delivered next Tuesday. I downloaded 3 tracks I found online so I'm listening to those right now, to get aclimated and all

And I found a Doula!!! I meet her in a week or two! She is finishing her certification to become a doula and needs 1 more birth!! Her name is Megan and I am super excited!!! Its free and she knows all about Hypnobabies and is a studying to be a nurse too!

AND now- some very neat news.... I'm going to study to be a Doula!!! I found a class I'm taking starting in Feb-Mar for 5 weeks. I have all the requirements and have been reading and working with the trainer here near where I live. I am soooo excited and have been so passionate about natural child birth and breastfeeding and I can't wait! I have been in such a rut with work and have been looking for something I would love to do!!! I know it will be hard, after the baby is here- with nursing and all- but I will plan the births when baby girl is 6 months or so and I'm pumping Woo hoo!!! Eventually I want to start going to school to be a nurse midwife. I haven't started to look into that yet, but I think that would be perfect when my kids are in school I have about 5 yrs to work on that. And DH is super supportive and excited - he knows how excited I am and its soooo great to see him happy for all this!!!

I was going to borrow my HBs from my BFF Angie (mommydew), and then saw Hypnobabies had a sale for the holidays and I got it on sale from the website Yah!!! I plan on starting it between my 27-28 week!!! So excited!!! I don't know how women have babies without planning like I have... I really research and read so much about NCB and breastfeeding and can't wait to be "ready" for the birth. So girls just go into it and get to the hospital with a little training... but not anything like what I've done to prepare. I don't know what I'd do without JM, Hypnobabies, my midwife, my doula, all the books I've read, and my BFF who is soooo full of wonderful info!!! She helped me so much with my registr (we went to BRU last week and did it all-minus the big gear items DH and I picked) and helped with with which monitor, which thermometor, which crib sheets, etc... LOVE HER!!!!! She also is my main source for BF and NCB!!!

And- my most exciting news... DH and I are leaving on Monday to fly to Fort Lauderdale until Friday!!! We got our flights for $70 for both of incluing all taxes and fees!!! Through Spirit, they had an $8 each way fare plus tax!!! And we rented a car for $150 for the week and are driving 4-5 hours to Key West and staying there for the week! I've never been to Key West, been all over Florida except the Keys. DH loves the keys and is super geeked!!! So this will be our Baby Moon!!! I'm sooo excited! I need to find my bikini, since I can still fit in it, with a little belly We have a trip planned for mid February to go to Vegas, but that doesn't count as a relaxing "babymoon" type vaca, DH is playing in some big poker tourney and I'll just be reading by the pool. So relaxing for me, and he'll be working

Thats about it for now!
January 1st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like everything is going wonderful for you! I hope you guys have a wonderful time in the Keys! The weather down here in Florida has been absolutely beautiful. And the Keys are one of my favorite places to go! It's gorgeous and all the food is amazing!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 1st, 2009, 03:41 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
wow! what an update!!!! have a great trip and best of luck with your doula training, very exciting. So jealous that you have so much baby movement! i am impatient

I have no idea how women do not prepare. someone in my DDC club posted about a birthing class and how her DH thinks it is a waste of money and a lot of women were like, yeah, you don't need a birthing class. Our birth center requires it, but I would not do it any other way. And will most likely get some HB tapes.

January 1st, 2009, 03:51 PM
*Anna*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
wow! what an update!!!! have a great trip and best of luck with your doula training, very exciting. So jealous that you have so much baby movement! i am impatient

I have no idea how women do not prepare. someone in my DDC club posted about a birthing class and how her DH thinks it is a waste of money and a lot of women were like, yeah, you don't need a birthing class. Our birth center requires it, but I would not do it any other way. And will most likely get some HB tapes. [/b]
Oh just wait... it will come I first felt her moving between 19-20 weeks. The last couple weeks I feel her all the time. Moving and flipping, and I can see it all!!! Its the best feeling in the world

And Yea!!! I don't get some women! I told DH too... but giving birth should be the biggest and most planned event in their lives! There isn't a day I don't do some kind of reading or research on it all. Im reading Womanly Art of Breastfeeding right now... love it! And I have a few books I want to read after I finish this one, and I can't wait to do the HB studying!!!

This board is great to share these stories too!
January 2nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG you have a super exciting life! Seriously I feel like I should be watching you on TV or something! Im so glad you guys are having so much fun!

Note to self: Be more exciting and plan a trip once in a while.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
January 2nd, 2009, 07:28 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
glad everything is going so well! i am interested in hypnobirthing also. let me know how the cd's are. i have to agree, it is insane how many women don't prepare for their labors. i know first hand, with dd i didn't and i know my ignorance is what led me to my c section and all the interventions i had. now i know better, so i am doing better and i can't imagine NOT having a ncb.

the womanly art of breastfeeding is my favorite, definitive breastfeeding guide. i also like so that's what they're for because not only is it chock full of info the author is funny in her delivery if the information.

January 2nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Yay!!! It sounds like you have a lot of great things going on and I'm sooooo excited for you! Congrats on deciding to become a doula and for your baby moon. I hope you have a great time!!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 5th, 2009, 10:21 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great update Anna! Sounds like everything is falling into place. Isn't is great how many of us are now working on becoming doulas. We're gonna have to start a doula section of NCB for us to support each other. How exciting!
January 5th, 2009, 10:32 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't met you yet, but wanted to congratulate you on all of the wonderful and exciting things going on in your life right now! If I have to pick a career all over again, I would also look into becoming a doula. I don't think a career gets much more rewarding than helping bring life into this world.

I look forward to getting to know you better! I hope you have a great trip. My husbands family lives in West Palm Beach, and I LOVE Florida. I’m craving some sunshine and warmth right now!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awesome! Just be prepared (to anyone thinking of doula work) that it really isn't a very profitable job.

January 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I'm sorry, I thought I responded to this thread!!

Anyway, basically there was so much positive, happy energy in this thread it was impossible not to smile. Life is good in your world! Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search