Due 1/2 - Now what?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
My next appt with the MW is Tuesday. Of course, I hope not to make it. I'm 100% sure of my EDD since we were TTC and charting everything so now, I'm looking for some ideas to help get this labor going.

Any suggestions??

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

January 3rd, 2009, 03:28 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Acupuncture? I would offer my services up to you, but you are a lil ways away Find someone who does "Traditional Chinese Medicine" and has experience using electro-acupuncture to induce labor. There are some homeopathic remedies for labor induction, but I do not know the names off the top of my head. I hear there is a homeopathic castor oil as well, which is not supposed to have the same "side effects" of castor oil. Maybe some of the doulas and BTDT moms know more about the homeopathic stuff.

January 3rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Patience I know, not what you want to hear, but really, any natural labor starters aren't going to work until the baby is ready. He'll come when he's done baking. Just hang in there.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 3rd, 2009, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I think I read on here that castor oil rubbed on your belly has the same effect as drinking it.. not sure if that is true but hey its better then the alternative!
Sex with orgasms

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

January 3rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DD was 11 days past her due date. I was just walking about a mile a day, drinking raspberry tea and doing as many chores around the house as possible to stay active. My water broke with her on that 11th day while I was vacuuming. I know how frustrating it is, but he'll come out soon! I have done the castor oil and I am sorry, but from personal experience, I would never recommend it to anyone. I have never felt so sick or disgusting in my entire life. I don't know about rubbing it on the belly but drinking that crap never helped me going into labor, bring on contractions or anything....it just kept me tied to the toilet with the worst BMs ever!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

January 3rd, 2009, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My opinion is to try the easy stuff. Most importantly, relax, so you will be rested when labor does begin. At this point, too much walking will only make you uncomfortable. Sex is a good one, it gave me contractions that started my labor with my first. Castor oil is just torture from my experience.
I charted with both and went on my due date with Abigail and was 3 days past with Anna. It can't be too much longer, hopefully only a few days!

January 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 12 days overdue with number 3, and he really needed to be in those extra days!!! at the end my midwife gave me black cohosh and something else, I dont remember, I dont know if that started labour or he was finally ready.

but yeah SEX is good!! it does work!

January 3rd, 2009, 05:14 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
Thanks for the encouragement. My youngest daughter ended up sick yesterday. She had a fever of 104.1! It's just a virus but it helped ease my baby anxiety. The last thing I want is for baby to come home to a house full of sick people. Hopefully, he'll stay put until he's out of danger of getting whatever the kids have!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

January 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Hang in there honey! He'll be here soon. I hope no one else gets sick. *HUGS* Did you give your Support Sister your contact info so she can update us when you do go into labor? I'm dying to know!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 4th, 2009, 03:12 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it'll probably be soon- I bet baby is just waiting till everyone is well again.

IMO- I wouldn't take castor oil unless my water was broken and I wasn't having contractions, or if I were 42 weeks. ICK! I've seen enough mamas take it to know it's an if necessary only thing.

January 4th, 2009, 05:57 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
You can always do lots of walking and/or stair climbing. Nipple stimulation, they say pineapple, and there's always that eggplant parm recipe, google eggplant parmasen + labor
January 5th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you in labor yet?? I would say lots of sleep. It seems when you finally relax your body will go into labor. I woke up in labor a week past my due date.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search