new here

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello Ladies,

So I just found I am am due in Sept. with baby #4 and I REALLLLLLLLY want a water birth. But.... I cannot find any hospitals/birth center around me that offer this. I looked into a homebirth and its too expensive My insurance would not cover it. What should I do? Am I just out of luck and unable to get the water birth I really want? Does anyone in Ct. know of some place I don't? There is the birth place at Danbury Hosp. that does water births but that is like 1hr 45 mins away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan: Mom to 4 beautiful munchkins Sarah, Alexis, Joey, and Addison!
January 4th, 2009, 09:36 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
I don't know exactly how you would go about find a place to do a water birth. My guess is that you would be with a midwife, possibly at a birth center. You could also check to see if your hospital would allow you to bring in your on birth tub. Here are some links I found about midwives and one on waterbirth.

http://www.acnm.org/find.cfm
http://www.connecticutmidwife.org/
http://newyorkmidwives.net/

http://www.waterbirth.org/mc/page.do

HTH!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Hope you have a happy healthy 9 months!!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

January 4th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I hope you can find a place that offers water birth, I had one with my third and it was a great experiance!
January 5th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
I would go with the one 45 minutes away if that is what you want. I get the drive, heck mine might be over an hour away and my first baby was first contraction to bith in 2 1/2 hours. BUT I will take that chance

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

January 5th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Could you shop around and see if you can find a midwife that will cut you a deal. A lot of times here paying a midwife 100% for a homebirth is comparable to paying a hospital 20% (or whatever your percent and deductible are). Good luck! H&H 9 months!

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
January 5th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Ladies! I will check those options out

Susan: Mom to 4 beautiful munchkins Sarah, Alexis, Joey, and Addison!
January 5th, 2009, 03:46 PM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy. I can't shed too much light on the way things work in the states as I live in Canada. I do know that here, the only way to have a water birth is to give birth at home. Many of the birthing centers and hospitals have jacuzzi tubs in them, you are not allowed to push out the baby in the tub. They are just there to help out with contractions until the point of pushing.

I really hope you can figure something out,and I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Welcome by the way! I'm Shanna (28) married to Jeff (33). We're expecting out first the beginning of June 09.

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 5th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Welcome!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I so hope you get the waterbirth you want. I think you've had some great suggestions. I hope one of them works out. I'm Cindy, one of the co-hosts here and mommy to Bryson (14 months old) and expecting baby boy #2 at the end of May. So glad you are joining us!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Hi, welcome and congrats!!! I've been to the Danbury BC, my friend had her son there 2 years ago. She loved it, I loved it. She traveled 45 minutes from NY...but an hour and 45 is a long #####ed time. Although if you left early in the labor it might not be bad, and it's so homey there it's not the worst thing to get there early. Let us know what you find out!
January 5th, 2009, 06:26 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!! Someone from my DDC...woohoo!! I need an ally!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search