I'm Taking a Break

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I need a mental health break from TTC. Since the miscarriage my heart just hasn't been in it, and as much as I wanted to dive right back into it I just can't. DF and I are getting married in October and I am going to try to focus on our wedding instead of TTC. It breaks my heart to think about not TTC, but the idea of another loss is even worse. I just don't feel ready yet. I used to be addicted to JM and some of the posts and topics (not on the NCB board) are just too much for me right now.

I'm going to be taking a break, DF and I have decided that we will spend a few months NTNP and see what happens. With everything going on maybe we're just not meant to have a child right now because it seems like everything is working against us.

I wish you all the very best with your pregnancies, deliveries and journey in TTC. I'll still stop by and check on you girls. I can't wait to hear about everyone's birth and see pictures of your LO's.

****Okay, I changed my mind a little after a good night of sleep. DF and I are still going to NTNP, but I can't let this loss get in the way of my passion for NCB and my desire to learn even more from you wonderful ladies, before my time comes. I think that maybe I'm just rushing all this and I'm going to see how I feel later this week when I go for my follow-up. BUT ANYWAY!!!!! I'm back....that was a short break

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 4th, 2009, 11:09 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry you are leaving, but I do hope you'll come back and update us often on how you are.

January 4th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with you wedding plans! Hope you feel better after having a bit of a break.
January 5th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Jennifer, I don't know how I didn't know but I didn't know that you had miscarried and I'm so very sorry. I want you to know that I am thinking of you. I know this must be so hard right now. We are all here for you if you ever want to vent or talk. I hope you decide to stick around as I'd be so sad to not see you posting anymore. Good luck no matter what you decide. *HUGS*

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 5th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad it was short.

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
January 5th, 2009, 09:57 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer, I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand when mentally you just need to take a break. But I'm happy you are sticking around even though you'll be NTNP. When the time is right to TTC again you'll both know it. In the meantime, concentrating on your wedding is a wonderful distraction and something that should get its due attention anyway. Enjoy planning the day you say "I do" to the future father of your children.
January 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry it's been so hard on you. TTC after a loss is really complicated... it's hard to feel dedicated to that baby and ttc at the same time, at least that is how it's been for me. NTNP can be relaxing, and I hope it is for you. It's hard to be there sometimes (i leave for months at a time) but TTCAL can be really a good place, when you're ready.

January 5th, 2009, 10:43 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
hugs honey
January 5th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies. All your support means so much to me. In fact, it's really the main reason I decided not to leave. I'm taking a break from TTC and wont be hanging out on that board for awhile. We're going to NTNP for the next couple of months and if it's meant to be then it will happen. Otherwise, as we get closer to the wedding we'll start actively TTC again. My mom just put the deposit down on my dress and as much as I want a child, I would hate to end up not being able to wear that beautiful dress on our special day.

Anyway, thanks for all your support as always. It means so much

Life As We Know It
January 5th, 2009, 03:01 PM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jennifer, we haven't met yet but I wanted to tell you that I'm glad you've decided to stick around. It will be great to get to know you better. And I feel your pain with TTC. My DH and I were scheduled to start fertility testing the month I found out I was expecting. It was a long and bumpy road.

That is so exciting that you have a deposit down on your dress. What does it look like? Any pictures??

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 5th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better as well. I'm sorry to hear that you had a difficult time TTC but it's also good to hear that just when you thought you were going to have to dig deeper into it, you got your BFP! It's a real inspiration.

We weren't allowed to take photos at the bridal shop (go figure...who would have known) but this is a link to MY DRESS!!!!

Life As We Know It
January 5th, 2009, 04:40 PM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
WOW its gorgeous! I had a Maggie dress too...they're my favorite. Have you picked out colours yet for your girls? What plans have you made so far? My little sister is getting married October 09, so I'm really into the wedding groove right now! hahaha

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 5th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Quote:
Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better as well. I'm sorry to hear that you had a difficult time TTC but it's also good to hear that just when you thought you were going to have to dig deeper into it, you got your BFP! It's a real inspiration.

We weren't allowed to take photos at the bridal shop (go figure...who would have known) but this is a link to MY DRESS!!!![/b]
Ohhhh Jennifer, that is a BEAUTIFUL dress! I love it!! Awwwww! Wedding planning is soooo fun. I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see pics of you in it!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 5th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I absolutely LOVE Maggie dresses too.

We're doing chocolate brown and pink for our colors. I do have their dresses picked out...I THINK! We have a band because it's my DF's boss's husband. We have narrowed it down to a few venues and are going to look at them this weekend. They are all hotels on the beach. We've got the guest list done and a pretty good idea of what we're doing for a cake. We have tons of ideas, just need to make everything official. We're having my dad take some photographs when he comes to visit next month and we'll be using those for our save the dates. And I have the invitations picked out already, just have to finish designing them.

It sounds like I have a lot done, but we're getting married in October as well and I feel like I have TONS to do and hardly anytime!

Life As We Know It
January 5th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I had a Maggie dress too. Actually, right before I went to buy it online she discontinued it because they were moving on to the next season. But I ended up finding it in the exact size I needed on Ebay from a girl that lived just an hour from me. She was only an inch taller than me so absolutely no alterations needed. And she only wore it for a few hours at a second wedding reception. It cost me only $150! I did spend $200 to get it cleaned which I'm really wishing I hadn't done. I should have saved that for after my wedding. Now it sits in my closet all dirty and I'm too cheap to spend another $200 to get it cleaned just because. Loved that dress.

I love wedding planning. I always thought it would be so much fun to be a wedding planner, other than dealing with crazy brides!
January 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That dress is beautiful Shauna! I can't believe you were so luck to get it from someone so close to you and at such a great deal! Not to mention in the exact size that you needed with NO alterations! What an awesome find!

Life As We Know It
January 5th, 2009, 05:36 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Your dress is GORGEOUS! I had a friend make mine. I love it, but it wasn't fancy. I loved planning my wedding! It was pretty low-key, though, so not nearly as exciting! Now I want to see everything you have in mind! Links! Links!

January 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, here's a few links real quick.

These are my Bridal Party Gowns

Venue Option One
Venue Option Two
Venue Option Three
Venue Option Four

Life As We Know It
January 7th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Jennifer, I love your girl's dresses. Very simple and elegant. But how do you choose between those venues. They are all gorgeous. Just from browsing the pictures of each resort, my vote would be either Venue 1 or 3. You are going to have a gorgeous, gorgeous wedding!
January 7th, 2009, 11:04 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
beautiful everything!!! I can't wait to see your wedding photos!

We're going to have a BIG wedding at our 5 yr anniversary... I'm already so excited!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search