Midwife Appointment Yesterday

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I had another midwife appointment yesterday and it went really well. I got to met a different midwife this time (there are 6 in all) and she was really sweet. Bryson wanted me to hold him so she just put his legs around my waist and went below him to find the heartbeat. It was really cool to see Bryson's face when you could hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler. I asked about the EFM that is now required since the board of trustees agreed to keep the birth center open. So basically what happens is when you arrive at the birth center they will put the bands on you for 20 minutes to get a paper trail started of the heart rate and then it's intermittent afterwards just like it would be with the doppler, only you don't have to wear the bands again. They will have a monitor that is water safe and you'll never have to get out of the tub to check the heart rate (which was my main concern) and we can be in any position I want to be in. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal and I'm not too worried about it at all now. The only way I could see this being a problem is if someone arrives ready to push. Would they really require her to wear bands for a paper trail? I swear, I hate hospitals sometimes. I get the feeling though that the midwives are agreeing with the new policy but aren't going to be a pain about it. I'm just glad the BC is staying open more than anything.

So that's pretty much it I guess. I go back in another month. I can't believe I'm already 20 weeks!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 6th, 2009, 07:15 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
seems like the EFM is more for show than anything else. they hook you up when you get there and that means they used it. appeases everyone and does not interfere with your birth process. stupid laws.

January 6th, 2009, 07:20 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
20 weeks...insanity!
January 6th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to nvr.4.gtn
thats doesn't sound to bad. Glad everything seems to be working out wonderfully

Made by Trish!!!! <3<3<3

January 6th, 2009, 08:52 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its silly that their main purpose for using it is for a paper trail...but considering the silly rules at many other birthing centers, it sounds like you found a great place. I'm almost 20 weeks myself...doesn't time fly! It seems slow as you're going through day by day, but looking back I can't believe I'm almost 20 weeks.

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 6th, 2009, 10:57 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
Sounds like a pretty good appointment! At least they only have to do the "paper trail" thing once during labor, and you get to stay in the water all you want!

You're over the hump Cindy!! It's all downhill from here! Welcome to the "over the hump" club!!

January 6th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Ashley, I can't believe you're only 4 weeks ahead of me. It felt like you found out you were pregnant soooo much earlier than I did. It's cool that we are so close!

January 6th, 2009, 11:34 AM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
It is pretty awesome that we are preggo again so close to each other! Hopefully you don't go early this time so that you can keep these ladies and our PR up-to-date when I go into labor and then I can do the same!

January 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Quote:
It is pretty awesome that we are preggo again so close to each other! Hopefully you don't go early this time so that you can keep these ladies and our PR up-to-date when I go into labor and then I can do the same![/b]
I know! Do you still have my number? We'll have to exchange again if not!

January 6th, 2009, 07:20 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
I meant to tell you, the student midwife at my BC here in VA is going to be a midwife at your BC in MASS. Her name is Story. I don't know her well but she and I did talk once about all that was going on there. Anyway, she may be back up there by the time you are ready to have your baby!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

January 6th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Quote:
I meant to tell you, the student midwife at my BC here in VA is going to be a midwife at your BC in MASS. Her name is Story. I don't know her well but she and I did talk once about all that was going on there. Anyway, she may be back up there by the time you are ready to have your baby![/b]
Oh that's so cool! There are only two BC's in MA so it's definitely mine? When is she coming, do you know?

January 6th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you had a good appointment! It sounds like the midwives will probably be a little lenient on the EFM if there are special circumstances. Like if you're like Nikki and are lucky enough to show up 10cm dilated! It must have been so awesome to see Bryson's face when he heard the heartbeat. I'm sure he will make a great big brother! It will happen in no time!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search