Why?!?!?!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why are there no birth centers in NJ? Why can't I have an attended home birth? Why?

So I feel like I am doomed to deliver in a hospital AGAIN. I need to start calling OB and see if I can find one that is decent, one I don't have to fight during labor, well as much as I did my last one.

And a doula, I think I am going to save so I can afford a doula.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 7th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
A friend of mine lives in NJ and is considering going into one of the surrounding states that has a birth center. We talked about a few so I don't recall where exactly. I do remember her saying there were some in NY, PA and DE I think. I don't know where you live or how far those places are to you, but is it an option?

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 7th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I don't know. I guess it depends on my insurance and if I can get permission. It is not out of the question to ME, but the Air Force may have a different opinion.

I am close to Philly.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 8th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Meghan... again. Good luck finding a birthing center. I dont know why they wouldnt be taking women that have had a previous ceserean??? Doesnt make sense to me....

Momma to Brynn 10/2/2002 (midwife at hospital)
Emme 5/26/2008 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
Pierce 11/28/2009 (midwife at freestanding birth center)
and Surprise Baby #4 due 11/13/2011
January 8th, 2009, 02:55 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
Hey Meghan... again. Good luck finding a birthing center. I dont know why they wouldnt be taking women that have had a previous ceserean??? Doesnt make sense to me....[/b]
malpractice. I know here, over the river, in PA, almost all OBs have left their practices because of high malpractice. Most hospitals in the area will not do VBACs, so finding a midwife who does one is probably closer to impossible a woman died during a VBAC in a local hospital and the hospital was sued and now all the hospitals stopped doing them. At least that was the story i heard.

January 8th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Yet two women died from a c-section within two weeks of eachother in the same hospital. I am sure they didn't stop doing those too!

Sail Back to Me
January 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
Yet two women died from a c-section within two weeks of eachother in the same hospital. I am sure they didn't stop doing those too![/b]
that is true! that was in NJ last year. They both worked together or something creepy like that. School teachers?

January 8th, 2009, 04:02 PM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how frustrating it is. I'm in NJ now and delivered my second at The Birth Center in Bryn Mawr, PA. I know they say they won't do VBACs but I think it's a good idea to at least talk to them about doing your care and delivering at the hospital--if it's worth the drive to you. We moved to NJ when I was 36 weeks pregnant and I still made the hour and a half drive to the birth center to have him and my labors are pretty quick too. Totally and completely worth it! However, next time I'm planning on a home birth. I did find this midwife in NJ who I definitely plan on contacting when the time comes--she seems perfect for me! I don't know if she travels to your area but if not maybe she might be worth contacting to see if she knows of anyone by you? http://www.newjerseyhomebirth.com/index.html

Good luck with your search!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

January 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Super Mommy
Wishing you the best of luck with your search!!

January 8th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Veteran
First off, I'm soooooo in agrrement with you, HY are there none in NJ? thats where I live too, and it sucks so much! Which hospital are you having to deliver at? i delivered m son at Virtua memorial hospital, and told them no meds, and they said "ok" and left it at that no questions asked, they were good about it, though I caved in and got an epi ater a while. Also, your due date is on my birthday :-) yay! if you find a good doula, let me know! I wanna save for one too!

January 8th, 2009, 05:32 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
there were several bc's but due to such high insurance costs they closed
January 8th, 2009, 10:56 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Good luck hon. I'm sorry you're having a rough time finding a place for your ideal birth. NC sucks too!

Come visit my blog!
January 8th, 2009, 11:46 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good luck on your search!

January 9th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Quote:
First off, I'm soooooo in agrrement with you, HY are there none in NJ? thats where I live too, and it sucks so much! Which hospital are you having to deliver at? i delivered m son at Virtua memorial hospital, and told them no meds, and they said "ok" and left it at that no questions asked, they were good about it, though I caved in and got an epi ater a while. Also, your due date is on my birthday :-) yay! if you find a good doula, let me know! I wanna save for one too![/b]

Virtua is where I would go since it is closest, we are coming from the same place! We live in FCN.

I know there is a doula that does reduced costs for military, I just have to find her name again, hopefully she didn't PCS yet!

That is good to know about Virtua. For me though the nurse was great, I delivered my daughter at Jersey Shore in Neptune since we were living in Freehold at the time. The doctor was totally a butt about it and kept asking me a million times.

Sail Back to Me
January 9th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Veteran

Virtua is where I would go since it is closest, we are coming from the same place! We live in FCN.

I know there is a doula that does reduced costs for military, I just have to find her name again, hopefully she didn't PCS yet!

That is good to know about Virtua. For me though the nurse was great, I delivered my daughter at Jersey Shore in Neptune since we were living in Freehold at the time. The doctor was totally a butt about it and kept asking me a million times.
[/quote]

oh how crazy! I live in FCN too! We still havent got our move letter yet :-(. Hopefully soon, we are SUPPOSED to be next anyway. lol If you get ahold od that doula let me know,i'd really love one for my next pregnancy, I just know it would make things so much easier to have two support people with me.

January 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I am not happy with UC. We moved in Aug to FCN, we have 4 kids and they moved us into a 3 BR, the ones that have the addition, but still it is small. My oldest will be 10 in May, why couldn't they just give us the 4 BR? There was one in our unit vacant from when we moved in until 31 Oct!

I guess we will definitely be going the 'other side' now with this new addition...lol.

I guess it is good though because the kids can stay in the better schools!

I sent her my home e-mail which is an AOL addy, so I won't know until I get home if she contacted me or not.

Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search