New Here...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Veteran
Hello, I'm new here, I have commented on a few peoples topics, but i thought I'd introduce myself and some of my story! So I have always been, all for natural birth, especially water births, but unfortunately they dont do that here in NJ, they dont even have a single birthing center! With my first child, I went in dialted to 5 cm, and thought I could do it, btu then they strapped me down to monitors and told me I couldent walk, or labor in the tub. At that point I felt helpless, and when I got to 6 couldent take it any more so I got an epi. My labor slowed down immensly, and my contractions were far ad few between, but he still came when I was 10, but his heart rate started to dip, so they used a vaccum(never again will i allow this!) and then they cut me, and he came out, but his poor head was bruised for 2 months! And I feel that the epi slowed my labor down. and thats why Everything else had to happen. They told me he passed mechonium so he had to come out now, etc. But for baby #2 I want to do all that I can, and afford, to have a natural childbrith so that this baby can come at a decent pace, and I can experience it all. Its called labor for a reason i think. So thats it, oh and we will be TTC for #2 in september :-)

January 9th, 2009, 10:30 AM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
Wow, what an uncomfortable and scary birth!! I'm new too Welcome!

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
January 9th, 2009, 10:33 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi I'm Shanna (28) and I'm new here too! I'm married to Jeff (33), and we're expecting our first child on June 1st. I'm so sorry to hear that your first birth experience was nothing like you had hoped. I really hope you can find the means for this next delivery to be exactly as you have planned. In the mean time...I'm sending you some baby dust for this September!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, welcome! Sorry your first birth was so traumatic. I'm sending you tons a baby dust for #2 and hope this next birth will be a more peaceful, enjoyable experience for you.
January 9th, 2009, 12:26 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I am Meghan an d in NJ too! The birth climate here sucks. Depending on where you are there are options. Outside of Philly is a birth center, and I found one in DE that isn't too far from where I live.

It is possible to get a more natural birth if you want to, having teh right provider and support makes a huge difference.

If you don't mind telling me where you live I might be able to help since I have researched a lot. Sadly, I am really limited since I had a previous c-section.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Hi, welcome! I'm Cheryl, co-host here! I just had a totally spontaneous and intervention free natural birth in NJ! I was at Hunterdon Hospital in Flemington. They have a tub but you can only labor in it, you can't push. They let you walk around the halls too, and the rooms are private.

Congrats and thanks for joining us!
January 9th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Hello and welcome! My name is Tiffany, wife to Bobby, and we have a little girl who just turned 2 years old on January 5th... her name is Rayne. My husband is going to be 25 in early February and I'll be 24 in March. I'm here for the same reason you are, I believe in natural child birth 100%... even though my first labor experience didn't go as planned. They hooked me up to a bunch of stuff, had to have antibiotics because of that bacteria thing (can't remember what they call it), I was having constant contractions (basically no breaks ever), and ended up getting the epidural. I"m hoping to avoid this next time around lol. No I'm not pregnant yet, but hubby and I are talking about it so it could be soon *smiles* You'll love it here, all the ladies are fantastic and there is more than enough information. Glad to have you here!

January 9th, 2009, 02:20 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome! I am so sorry your first birth was so difficult. I hope your next birth is better, and provides some healing.

January 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Hi & welcome to the board Starting to educate yourself now and looking into your options, will be your best defense in having the birth you want for the second. I am at "The Birth Center" in Bryn Mawr, PA and love it. It is abotu 15 mins out side of Philly.

January 9th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Hi, I am Meghan an d in NJ too! The birth climate here sucks. Depending on where you are there are options. Outside of Philly is a birth center, and I found one in DE that isn't too far from where I live.

It is possible to get a more natural birth if you want to, having teh right provider and support makes a huge difference.

If you don't mind telling me where you live I might be able to help since I have researched a lot. Sadly, I am really limited since I had a previous c-section.[/b]

I live on McGuire AFB, my Hubby is in the Air Force...so i think they consider this south jersey? lol.

January 9th, 2009, 06:30 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, ok. I didn't realize it was you. I gave you a bunch of info in one of the other posts that you responded to. I think it was hte Why?!?!?! thread, but it could have been the 'frustrated' thread

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search