Do you think....

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
It's normal to no longer have any real fear of labor itself after you've had a NCB? I honestly have absolutely no fear of how contractions are going to feel or how I'm going to handle them. My only real fears are tearing and something happening that is beyond my control, like a breech baby. I'm most scared of tearing since I tore so badly with Bryson. It was supposedly only 2nd degree tearing but it took me 7 months before I felt normal again down there. DH has already said if we have a breech baby that we will do absolutely everything we can to get the baby to turn so that we can lower the chances of a c-section. I honestly believe I could deliver a breech baby naturally but I'm pretty sure it'd be hard to find a midwife or OB to do that.

Anyway...how do the rest of you feel? Do you still have fears even if you've been through it before? Or are you actually excited about it?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 12th, 2009, 08:20 AM
noworries
I definitely have a fear of tearing too because I tore pretty bad with Eva. Other than that, no real fears here. I had a friend who had twins (at home, all of her births except 1 have been homebirths....she is about the birth baby #5 at home). Anyway, one of hertwins was breech and she had her at home with a midwife. It's definitelt doable.
January 12th, 2009, 08:41 AM
snlemon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't ever been through birth...so this may just be naivety talking...but I'm not scared at all. I just feel like it's not a big deal...well I realize that it's going to be one of the hardest, if not the hardest thing I've ever done but it's not a big deal becuase it's something my body was designed to do...so why fight it? Plus, even when I'm in the throes of all the pain...it's going to end eventually, it's not like I'm going to be stuck there forever...

The things I worry about in birth are things that I can't do anything about anyhow...
Anyways...I'm excited!
January 12th, 2009, 09:50 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm happily naive like Sarah. Then again I'm not even preggie yet. I'm sure fears will come up as I get close to delivering.
January 12th, 2009, 10:42 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This will also be my first time giving birth. I am a little nervous about not knowing when I am in actual labor, and I am a little nervous about not being able to stay in control of myself. I am going to prepare myself as much as I can though, and have built one heck of an amazing birthing team to help get me through it...so that is giving me lots of comfort. I think the thing that scares me the most is something going wrong. I just want the baby and I to both come out of everything healthy. I think that as much as you can research, read, watch video's...I have a little fear of the unknown, because I have never done this before.

Hearing from all of you inspirational BTDT moms really helps though!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 12th, 2009, 11:55 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After having such an, really what I'd consider, awful experience with my first born with the induction and interventions and 2 days of hell followed by an amazing and easily NCB with my 2nd, I really have no fears or anxiety about childbirth. In fact, I find myself more excited about childbirth this time than ever before since I've been through both sides of it and know how truly awesome it can be. I am excited to be more prepared thsi time as well by learning more this time through others' experiences and soaking up so much here on the forum, too!
My only true fear is not being able to turn a breech baby or something happening before birth that is out of my control.

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

January 12th, 2009, 01:04 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I had no fear of birth *at all* until the second labor started. I don't know if I would use the word fear....I'm not scared of birth, but I have a much more realistic view of it now. But I also know that it's temporary, and worth it.
January 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't call it fear, although I know I won't look forward to how it feels if I do it again. But like Cheryl said, you know it's temporary and worth it.

Expecting baby #4!

January 12th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well considering I haven't had a baby yet and am not even pregnant at this point it may just be my naive thought process like some of the other ladies said, but I don't have any fear of it and actually look forward to it. I know that it will probably be one of the most painful experiences of my life but it will also be so worth it and only temporary. And I know that my body was made to do this and that there are TONS of women who have done it before me and who will do it after me.

Someone remember to ask me this question when I'm actually pregnant....or better yet, when I'm close to delivering.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 12th, 2009, 07:41 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm excited!!!!!! I was playing "childbirth" while all the other little girls played house or wife or kitchen or whatever.....I have dreamed more about childbirth then my own wedding.... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
January 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM
lindsayb63's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not worried about labor but that actual baby... birth is something that millions of women do everyday (is it millions every day?) and I'm sure most don't have as good of medical care as I am lucky enough to have.

I'm more paranoid about my baby and making sure she is ok.

January 13th, 2009, 06:35 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
I guess I would say I'm not scared of labor/birth anymore, although I know it kinda sucks Before Phin's birth I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it, although hypnobabies helped with that a little bit.

I would still be afraid of something crazy happening, or the baby being breech. I was crazy scared that Phin was going to suddenly flip around right before and I would have to have a c section!
January 13th, 2009, 08:20 PM
scatney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to scatney
My first NCB was with my 2nd child. I had #3 about 18 months later. with #3, I was totally comfortable with the idea and had no fear. Unfortunately, I did succumb to the pressure for an epidural right before she was born. That maybe why I'm a little nervous. It's weird because I'm not afraid of the pain. I know I can get through it and I have awesome support around me. I'm nervous about HOW I'll handle it. Will I be a screaming banshee? Will I yell at my husband? stuff like that. Will I run my own labor or take a back seat?

Now, truthfully, I'm starting to doubt my body's ability to go into labor! I keep wondering if maybe since I'm older or since it's been 5.5 years since my last, will my body ever just kick in? I know once it does, I can get through natural birth. Plus, its soooo worth it!!

Mom to Scott, Nathalie, Sydney, and Cole

January 14th, 2009, 05:31 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I 100% believe in my body, and I'm SOOOO excited to give birth. I think it's a reasonable way to feel- but not necessarily normal!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search