I'm out of the running

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
for delivering at a birth center...my DH just classified me as High Risk today because my bp has been climbing steadily.

Hopefully I can still have a natural delivery at the hospital.

I really don't want a c section

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

January 12th, 2009, 10:21 AM
noworries
You can still have a natural birth at the hospital...there are several of us here who did. I totally believe in you.
January 12th, 2009, 10:33 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that things are different in Canada, but I have a midwife and a doula and am having a natural childbirth in the hospital. I'm sure you can still do it. Just make your ideal birth plan very clear to them. I hope your BP cooperates with you for the remainder of your pregnancy. HUGS

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 12th, 2009, 10:51 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You don't need a BC to have a NCB. You can totally do this still, don't give up!
January 12th, 2009, 11:32 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
You are all so supportive...I don't know why but I had my heart set on a BC I really wanted a water birth and they don't have them at the hospital here....I'm going to check and see about renting a birth tub and if the hospital will let me use that....we shall see!

DD A:3 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

January 12th, 2009, 11:40 AM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know you're disappointed about the BC but stay confident for your NCB!
I had DD in a hospital and it was an amazing NCB experience. I got very lucky this time around and my midwife delivers at the only hospital in the north GA area that actually does waterbirths, too. I hope you can work it all out and keep your BP safe. Keep your chin up!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

January 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I thought I replied to this yesterday, I'm sorry!

I too had a 100% spontaneous, med free and intervention free birth in a hospital. I traveled a little farther for a smaller, quieter hospital with a much more open policy about labor, and had a doula. I'm not sure what my experience would have been like without my doula, but it can be done!! Don't count yourself totally out yet!
January 13th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
You can still absolutely achieve the NCB you want in a hospital. I know you can do it! I did it and so have many others here. *HUGS*

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 13th, 2009, 10:54 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does the hospital at least have a tubs to labor in? Even a shower will do wonders. Don't let the disappointment of not having a waterbirth stand in your way. My friend Kathy, who had a homebirth just 2.5 weeks ago, had really desired to have a waterbirth. It's what really initially made her decide on a homebirth in the first place. She came early so they had to rush to get the tub a day before it was due to be delivered. Although she labored in it and it was relieving for a time, she ended up needing to get out for the actual delivery and gave birth on all fours on her bed.

I think it's important in any birth, but especially NCB, not to set yourself for a particular thing. Our mantra is "Trust Birth" right? So trust that it will happen no matter if it's in a hospital or BC, whether it's in water or dry land, whether you can have a doula or not. You are the common denominator and you can make this happen. Just relax and keep that confidence in yourself. You can do this!
January 13th, 2009, 11:06 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if you want to labor in the water you can spend early labor at home! There is very little risk involved as long as you give birth in the hospital.

I hope you can still have your natural birth, and I'm sorry you can't stay at the BC!

January 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can do it. I had 2 natural hospital births. You are the one that will make it happen, if you have supportive people around you it is definitely possible!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search