My sister is having a midwife!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so excited, my sister just called to tell me that she is switching to a midwife! She's pregnant with her first, due in May and she was at Anna's birth. I invited her hoping that she would want to be there and that it may be helpful to her see a undisturbed natural childbirth. Apparently, it definitely had an impact, because she has decided to go the same route. She wont' be using the same birth center, she lives about an hour away from there, but found a midwife that used to practice with mine. She's in a practice with several OBs now, and delivers at a hospital close to where my sister lives. She said she only has a 2-3% epidural rate, which sounds great! I really thought my sister would want to have an epidural the minute she went into labor, but I'm so happy she's going in with an open mind and going to try to go natural. I think she's going to have a great birth experience just by seeing this midwife and having her deliver her. Everything she described sounds just like the way the birth center does things, so I think she has a really good chance.

I'm just so excited, I can't believe that I was able to make such an impact just by having her at my birth!

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

January 14th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
That's so exciting!!! My sister is also considering a midwife for her next baby which makes me happy (she's had 2 c/s and totally overmanaged pregnancies).

isn't it great knowing you've helped someone else!?

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 14th, 2009, 12:42 PM
sillyp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is wonderful!!!
I think it's so awesome that you were able to share your birthing experience with her and make an impact on her view of childbirth. Sounds like everything is going to work out well for her!

Thanks, Jaidynsmum, for the beautiful siggy!

January 14th, 2009, 12:47 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's wonderful! How exciting to have been able to open her eyes and make such a deep impact on her.
January 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
wtg Andrea and sister!
January 14th, 2009, 03:08 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is amazing! I bet Anna's birth has brought you two closer in many ways.

January 14th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Veteran
Thats so awesome! Well...birth is a miracle experience, and I think you'd have to be dead inside for it NOT to move you in some way! How great that she was inspired to try and give birth naturally too! yay!

January 14th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's wonderful! I am sure it feels great to have had that type of impact. I can't wait to hear about her experience!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 14th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Katy Moore's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, here I was, looking at the natural birth board, and thinking about writing an introduction post to let you ladies know I was going to be lurking around on this board now, and I see a post from my sissy! To be honest, if I hadn't attended Anna's birth, I wouldn't have had much of an interest in natural birth, and I just wouldn't have known much. But I did my research, and I really didn't like what I saw about hospitals and the meds they give you. I'm very happy with the midwife I've chosen, and now I'm recommending her to anyone who will listen. I told my friend Britt that it's worth the hour drive to see a midwife compared to a dr. since she wants to go natural too. So thank you, Andrea, for having an impact, and inviting me to Anna's birth. It was an awesome experience, and I'm hoping mine goes as well (and as fast!)

Check out my boutique! Baby Bottom Boutique

January 15th, 2009, 12:04 AM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thats awesome!!

January 15th, 2009, 09:44 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its so nice to see two sisters on here...you're obviously really close like my sister and I. I am hoping my delivery has the same effect on her! You two are very touching! (Either that or my preggo hormones are in high grear today!) Such great news Katy!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 15th, 2009, 01:25 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I hope that being able to tell my sis my birth story will help. She's only 16 right now, so not really looking for any birth advice yet, but when she is, boy will I be ready! And since I am having a homebirth next time I might ask if she wants to be there. Hopefully I will have the same awesome outcome as you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search