My Intro

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been lurking here off and on for about a year. It took DH and me 21 months to get pregnant with what seems to be a sticky bean. We saw the heart beating today for the first time and both let out a sigh of relief. I did 5 unsuccessful rounds of clomid and hated all 5 months of it. I started seeing an acupuncturist a few months ago and give her a huge chunk of the credit for getting us pregnant. I didn't always O on my own and when I did I would O late and have a really short LP. She's one of the few acupuncturists who really specializes in fertility and has trained under Randine Lewis who wrote The Fertility Cure. I feel extremely lucky that I found her as she was extremely knowledgeable and supportive. I have to give my RE/OBGYN some credit as well as she did a laporoscopy and D&C 2 weeks before I got pregnant. I have to believe that her cleaning me out helped to. She's an amazing doctor who cares so much for her patients.

I love the support everyone here offers and I'm looking forward to learning more about NCB. My mom had all three of her children without drugs and my sister has had her 2 without as well. She had such a horrible tear with the first one that she planned on getting an epidural for the second. She labored at home most of the time though and didn't get to the hospital until she was in transition and by then decided it wasn't needed. I'm sure I'll have lots of support from both of them.

I didn't allow myself to start researching too much stuff until we saw the heartbeat. Now I'm excited to start looking into hypnobirthing and hypnobabies. There is a place around here that teaches hypnobirthing classes, so I may look into that.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 14th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy! The ladies here are wonderful. I'm Jennifer (26) and my DF and I are NTNP after a recent loss. I look forward to getting to know you.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 14th, 2009, 05:13 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
congrats, and welcome!!! Eastern Medicine is pretty amazing eh?

I'm Cheryl, co host here and mommy to Acadia, who just turned 1! Thanks for joining us!
January 14th, 2009, 11:03 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and welcome!! (I remember you from when I was in TTC 1 year+)

January 15th, 2009, 04:18 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Congrats on your pregnancy! Hopefully this is the end of your fertility journey! Must have been so exciting to see the heart beat.

btw, I am an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility I love hearing good success stories!

January 15th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Welcome to the NCB and a HUGE congratulations on your pregnancy and seeing the heartbeat!! I'm so happy for you! The women here are amazing and I can honestly say that I've made some great friends here so I hope you have the same experience. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you to help. I used Hypnobirthing with my son and loved it. I've heard that hynobabies is even better and we have a mommy here who used it and recently gave birth after arriving at the hospital already dilated to 10 cm!

BTW, I'm Cindy, one of the co-hosts here. I'm mommy to Bryson, almost 15 months old and expecting baby #2 in late May.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 15th, 2009, 05:49 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!! another Sept mommy!

Welcome to the saner part of JM!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
January 15th, 2009, 06:00 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh, I'm so happy you're here!!!! When I was TTC host I always hoped you'd get pregnant soon! I'm so happy it's happened for you. SICKY vibes for you.

January 15th, 2009, 08:34 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CEL!!! I'm so happy to see you here! Welcome to the board! Everyone here is amazing, so knowledgeable, and just so friendly. I'm so glad to see another TTC#1 Grad on here! WOOT!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

January 15th, 2009, 09:48 AM
noworries
Welcome and CONGRATS! I used hypnobirthing when I gave birth to my daughter Eva and it worked wonders for me. I have also heard that hypnobabies is even better but I would recommend either one. Hope you jump right in here.
January 15th, 2009, 10:11 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and congrats on your sticky bean! Sounds like you have great real life role models for natural birth. That's wonderful!

Meredith, I have no idea why I didn't know you were a fertility acupuncerist. I already have a recommendation for one who helped a friend get pregnant with her first at 41. Need to set up my appointment with her very soon.
January 15th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search