QOTD

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2009, 08:41 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
What was the last movie you saw in the theater? Did you like it?

We hardly ever go to the movies and usually wait until there is one we really, really want to see before going. The last one we saw was that new Batman movie with Christian Bale. It was pretty good but not as good as we expected it to be.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

January 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM
noworries
Yes Man with Jim Carrey. We saw it a few days before Christmas. It had some really funny parts.
January 21st, 2009, 10:13 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
the last movie i saw in the theater was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I will, however, see the next Harry Potter. We are not big movie goers. I love big screen movies, BUT, i am a germaphobe, it is expensive, usually I freeze my butt off, and it is too loud for me. I am really an old woman stuck in a 30 year old's body I always get the sneezer and cougher behind me, YUCK! We have a huge tv at home, so we do not see the need to go to the movies that was our justification years ago when we bought it!.

January 21st, 2009, 10:39 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've seen 3 movies in the last two days! Saw Bride Wars with gf's last night. It was funny and a great movie to see with gf's. Monday I went theater hopping by myself and saw Milk and Benjamin Button. Loved both, but was especially moved by Milk. Sean Penn is absolutely brilliant! And seeing the history of gay rights from right here in San Francisco made me proud (once more) to live here. I do love this City!
January 21st, 2009, 10:44 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I've not even heard of "milk" but this area doesn't always get all the movies that come out.

last movie I saw in theater was Changeling, which I liked. I can't wait for the new Harry Potter movie! There's a few others out right now I want to see too, maybe we'll get to go out on Valentine's day...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

January 21st, 2009, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The last movie I saw was "The Secret Life of Bees" (I also read the book a couple years ago) and I thought they did a really great job turning the book into a movie.
January 21st, 2009, 11:51 AM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Milk was awesome! It's the story of Harvey Milk, the very first gay man elected to public office in the US. After running 4 times he finally won the seat of City Supervisor of the Castro and Haight Districts in SF. He championed the rights of all minorities, but of course especially the gays who in the 70's were being treated brutally and unlawfully by police. Harvey and Mayor Moscone were shot and killed in City Hall by another City Supervisor. The movie also talks about Harvey's fight against Prop 6 in 1978 which would have allowed businesses to fire anyone known to be homosexual and even those who supported them. Sadly our state wasn't as compassionate to repudiate a similar gay bashing proposition last year.
January 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cannot remember. I know we saw the dark night at the movies, but I am sure that isn't the last thing we saw. I think It might have been don't mess with the Zohan.
January 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
The last movie that we saw in the theaters was The Dark Knight. There are lots of others that we want to see but we usually wait until they come out on DVD since we have a 52 in HDTV with a BluRay player and it makes movies look AMAZING! I am definitely going to see the next Harry Potter in theaters though, I have never not seen it in theaters... can you tell that I'm a fan??

January 21st, 2009, 03:44 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the last movie I saw was Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I loved it.

We have a bunch of free movie passes around the house, but there is rarely anything we want to see at the theater.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been to the movies in AGES. I want to say the last movie I saw in the theater was about 3.5 years ago! I have several free passes sitting around the house, I just never seem to get there. I really want to see Bride Wars and Confessions of a Shopaholic (when it comes out). I think my friend and I may go in a few weeks to see that.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
January 21st, 2009, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i think the last thing i saw was Wanted when i was still pregnant. i haven't gone since i had lily

January 21st, 2009, 10:35 PM
*PurpleMidnight*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mamma Mia

January 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
~ Ada ~'s Avatar Zen
Madagascar 2

A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another.
If these minds love one another the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden.
But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden.

~ Buddha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search